Nick Diaz says GSP is going to give him an "A$$ Whoopin"

So that makes the fight a waste of time. What makes this shit even funnier is the fans that don't want this, use Hendricks as an excuse.. Well were any of them cheering for Hendricks to get a title shot prior to UFC 154? Hell no they weren't.. If i had asked about Henricks getting a shot before 154 you would have got a whole lot of "Meh".. The way i see it Hendricks can only beat GSP with his one punch, he has nothing else to offer.. Diaz is without question the better fighter IMO.. Fans are such prisoners of the moment..

Everyone wanted Ellenberger more than Johny. He was on a longer win streak. Lost one fight and no one on Sherdog mentions he was way ahead of Johny for next in line at getting a shot.

Johny and Jake aren't even the co main event at UFC 158. They don't draw. Plain and simple.

he's not exactly a wordsmith. i wouldn't put his mutterings on par with, say, a lawyer or politician.

honest though, always honest.

No, it isn't and that's a completely incorrect way of thinking. GSP isn't getting finished "out of nowhere" anytime soon and that was Condit's only chance. Someone who can stay aggressive and challenge GSP everywhere the fight goes is who's going to beat him, Diaz was born to win this fight. I can't believe after all we've seen in the last several years that people think Hendricks has the best chance of beating GSP, shows how little the average fan understands the sport.

It's the only way GSP has ever lost and the only way he's ever been threatened. GSP is way too smart and skilled to be outgameplanned and way too profession to be worn down or drawn out of his gameplan. Diaz is notoriously bad at adapting, constantly fighting the same way almost everytime out. He's not going to be able to work his striking game because GSP is going to be either too far out or too close and the game goes for his sub game. GSP is going to cruise to victory

I agree with this statement.

It doesn't garantee a win, but it's still to only way to win gainst GSP.

Aggression is only going to leave more openings for GSP. GSP is a great striker and a great wrestler, but more importantly he is the best in MMA at transitioning between striking and grappling. Aggression is only going to play into his game

lol but Rampage gets hated on for taking fights just for the money, but Diaz basically says he has no chance of winning the fight and is just fighting for the money and people make excuses for why he deserves a title fight being 1-1 in the UFC (since his return) after serving a year long suspension.

Because Diaz will actually fight hard from every position. He'll keep coming no matter what.

Rampage will stand around circling, hesitant to engage. If he gets taken down, he'll get back up, but he'll lose the round because he'll just circle around doing nothing.

Do you see the difference?

Everyone wanted Ellenberger more than Johny. He was on a longer win streak. Lost one fight and no one on Sherdog mentions he was way ahead of Johny for next in line at getting a shot.

Johny and Jake aren't even the co main event at UFC 158. They don't draw. Plain and simple.

Exactly like I said prisoners of the moment fans... GSP/Diaz has been talked about for like 3 years and it is 100% still a huge fight... All Diaz did was lose a very controversial fight with Condit. I scored it 3-2 for Diaz... GSP will add Diaz to his resume but it should be an exciting fight...

That much was never more clear than when UFC president Dana White officially made St-Pierre vs. Diaz the main event of UFC 158, a grudge match years in the making.

It doesn't matter that Diaz is coming off of a loss.

GSP just wants to hurt him.

As White has told fans and press repeatedly through the last year, GSP asked for this fight, incensed beyond measure at Diaz's words and actions in the weeks before their original dance date at UFC 137. Now, he's determined to beat him as badly as humanly possible.

Source:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-with-nick-diaz-cost-him-his-title-at-ufc-158

I seriously don't get MMA fans? After Diaz KO'd Daley and beat down Penn the excitement for GSP/Diaz was at a fever pitch, now they act like the fight is a waste of time.. So what Diaz went from one of the most exciting fighters in MMA to not worthy of the fight... You guys are bitchy crybabies..

Yeah it is crazy. All anyone cares about is your last fight. Fightfinder say it is a W? Future champ guaranteed. Doesn't matter if it is against Palhares when Silva is the champ. Fightfinder say it is a L? Waste of time, doesn't deserve anyone in the top 10, exposed. Doesn't matter if it is against Condit and was controversial at that. Styles mean nothing. Competition means nothing. All that matters is the W/L on fightfinder.

I agree he gets smacked and he ducked the first fight I'm a GSP fan... I'm Canadian for fucks sake. But there is no way that is how he wanted that interpreted when have you ever heard a pro fighter say they think they're gonna lose?

Mmm...he said it in both videos........................:eek:

Mmm...he said it in both videos........................:eek:

UFCNickDiaz.gif

It's the only way GSP has ever lost and the only way he's ever been threatened. GSP is way too smart and skilled to be outgameplanned and way too profession to be worn down or drawn out of his gameplan. Diaz is notoriously bad at adapting, constantly fighting the same way almost everytime out. He's not going to be able to work his striking game because GSP is going to be either too far out or too close and the game goes for his sub game. GSP is going to cruise to victory

I agree with your premise. But Koschecks had a powerful right hand too and didn't do jack. Hendricks vs GSP is going to end with a 5 round LnP or GSP rabbit jabbing. He has nothing for him.

Diaz at the very least has his always come forward game plan and decent BJJ. I still think Diaz will lose but he will give GSP a more interesting fight than Hendricks.

I love big country's face and Dana's face while Nick's talking. I laughed my butt off just watching those two.

I agree with your premise. But Koschecks had a powerful right hand too and didn't do jack. Hendricks vs GSP is going to end with a 5 round LnP or GSP rabbit jabbing. He has nothing for him.

Diaz at the very least has his always come forward game plan and decent BJJ. I still think Diaz will lose but he will give GSP a more interesting fight than Hendricks.

Koscheck's power is vastly overrated. His KO punch has only beaten guys with bad striking and questionable chins (Trigg, Yoshida). Even if Kos had power like Hendricks it wouldn't matter because GSP crushed his face in the opening exchange. You can't hit what you can't see.

Diaz comes forward in a straight line, doesn't account for angles and keeps his head open, GSP will have a field day with him. At least Hendricks gives him something to worry about.

It doesn't matter who GSP fights between the two of them, it's going to be dominating win by GSP, but Hendricks is still the far more dangerous

Back