Nick Diaz says GSP is going to give him an "A$$ Whoopin"

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I have to agree with Diaz.

Between 37:00 and 38:00 Diaz says:

"The only reason I'm getting this fight is because people want to see me take an ass whooping, right about now, so alright I'm ready. I already worked for it, I'll take my ass whooping, I'll take my money, and I'll go home."

Best fight analysis I've ever heard, from anyone...

Does anyone else remember this? Strange comment. Diaz doesn't seem too confident.
Usually you get quite a bit of tough talk out of Diaz but this seems like a pretty realistic comment.

Thoughts?

Edit:

He says it again here:
from 3:10 to 3:25

Thanks to Tonycpa.

Last edited:
I think he was frustrated that so many people loves Georges, but so many people hate him.

I didn't bother watching it, but did he actually admit that? Well at least the dude's honest. Personally, I have to agree with him. I don't see him getting finished by Georges, but I do see him losing via 5 round decision.

Not a Diaz fan but he's never been good at expressing himself I'm sure he isn't going in thinking he'll get his ass kicked. I am...but Nick probably isn't

lol but Rampage gets hated on for taking fights just for the money, but Diaz basically says he has no chance of winning the fight and is just fighting for the money and people make excuses for why he deserves a title fight being 1-1 in the UFC (since his return) after serving a year long suspension.

Not a Diaz fan but he's never been good at expressing himself I'm sure he isn't going in thinking he'll get his ass kicked. I am...but Nick probably isn't

He seemed pretty confident that GSP was going to beat him. Maybe that's why he didn't show up to the press conference the first time...maybe that's why he's talkin all the smack, to try and get some of that nervous energy out.

Scared, homie?

I didn't bother watching it, but did he actually admit that? Well at least the dude's honest. Personally, I have to agree with him. I don't see him getting finished by Georges, but I do see him losing via 5 round decision.

I agree. I think he's going to get beat up standing, leaned on, taken down and beaten on. I expect it to look like a more violent version of Bendo/Nate without the leg punches.

I agree. I think he's going to get beat up standing, leaned on, taken down and beaten on. I expect it to look like a more violent version of Bendo/Nate without the leg punches.

Exactly, maybe even more of a beat down because of GSP's athleticism.

He seemed pretty confident that GSP was going to beat him. Maybe that's why he didn't show up to the press conference the first time...maybe that's why he's talkin all the smack, to try and get some of that nervous energy out.

Scared, homie?

I agree he gets smacked and he ducked the first fight I'm a GSP fan... I'm Canadian for fucks sake. But there is no way that is how he wanted that interpreted when have you ever heard a pro fighter say they think they're gonna lose?

lol but Rampage gets hated on for taking fights just for the money, but Diaz basically says he has no chance of winning the fight and is just fighting for the money and people make excuses for why he deserves a title fight being 1-1 in the UFC (since his return) after serving a year long suspension.

People that hate on anybody for fighting for money are insanely stupid, as that's pretty much why all of them do it, whether they'll admit it or not. And you shouldn't be surprised that people would give Rampage a hard time for it, he has the absolute worst crop of haters.

He didn't say GSP will give him an ass whooping, he was implying if GSP happened to beat him, then he is willing to take an ass whooping.

This isn't the first time he's dropped that line before in an interview/post fight presser.

He's frequently mentioned that he's "ready to take his ass whooping" and things of that nature.

Imo what he means by that is that he's ready to get the ever-loving sh!t kicked out of him in a fight, he's ready to BE BEATEN but is annoyed when he gets slept on/ran away from and "loses" the fight.

Kind of like how Nate Diaz was gracious in defeat to Ben Henderson. Ben, even though he won a decision, laid a BEATDOWN on Nate, he actually BEAT Nate and didn't "decision" him like we'd seen Nate get done to him at WW. Nate was fairly gracious in defeat and congratulated Ben a few times right? Didn't complain about the judges or outcome of the fight once.

So I think that's what Nick means. If he loses, he'd rather legitimately lose the fight/get the crap kicked out of him instead of getting slept on.

On the other hand it could mean that Nick acknowledges that he's a "bad guy" in the MMA world and he's accepting his role as that guy, and that he's ready to take what "everyone" wants to see him get, a beatdown. He's ready to be that guy because he has no choice.

Then again I could be completely off but idk.

I agree he gets smacked and he ducked the first fight I'm a GSP fan... I'm Canadian for fucks sake. But there is no way that is how he wanted that interpreted when have you ever heard a pro fighter say they think they're gonna lose?

I think you're looking way too far into it. It's really not that hard to imagine Diaz feeling that way.

Diaz probably has stopped smoking high grade marijuana and the lack there of has plunged into a depressed state.

Nick's always been realistic. I remember him before the Karo fight saying that he thought Karo was a bad matchup for him.

But he's confident, too. I promise you he believes he can beat GSP. So do I really.

huge diaz fan here but he is fucking screwed.

Back