Nick Diaz says GSP is going to give him an "A$$ Whoopin"

People that hate on anybody for fighting for money are insanely stupid, as that's pretty much why all of them do it, whether they'll admit it or not.

So true. Who hates on an accountant working for a paycheck rather than to be the best or because of passion?

Also, I'm not a Diaz fan, but I don't think this admission is him giving up in despair. Admitting GSP is a greater fighter might even give him the psychological advantage of having nothing to lose in this fight.

I agree. I think he's going to get beat up standing, leaned on, taken down and beaten on. I expect it to look like a more violent version of Bendo/Nate without the leg punches.

I can definitely see George using them to take apart Nick's boxing stance - destroy Nick's lead leg. If Nick is smart he'll work on a counter-hook or jab. GSP leaning into a Nick jab would be a broken orbital.

This isn't the first time he's dropped that line before in an interview/post fight presser.

He's frequently mentioned that he's "ready to take his ass whooping" and things of that nature.

Imo what he means by that is that he's ready to get the ever-loving sh!t kicked out of him in a fight, he's ready to BE BEATEN but is annoyed when he gets slept on/ran away from and "loses" the fight.

Kind of like how Nate Diaz was gracious in defeat to Ben Henderson. Ben, even though he won a decision, laid a BEATDOWN on Nate, he actually BEAT Nate and didn't "decision" him like we'd seen Nate get done to him at WW. Nate was fairly gracious in defeat and congratulated Ben a few times right? Didn't complain about the judges or outcome of the fight once.

So I think that's what Nick means. If he loses, he'd rather legitimately lose the fight/get the crap kicked out of him instead of getting slept on.

On the other hand it could mean that Nick acknowledges that he's a "bad guy" in the MMA world and he's accepting his role as that guy, and that he's ready to take what "everyone" wants to see him get, a beatdown. He's ready to be that guy because he has no choice.

Then again I could be completely off but idk.

This. I always thought thats whst he meant, i never questioned it.

nick has a good chance to throw georges off his game and get him to do some things out of anger. I want to see how gsp fights when his gameplan goes sour. Nick will be well versed working from his back.

nick has a good chance to throw georges off his game and get him to do some things out of anger. I want to see how gsp fights when his gameplan goes sour. Nick will be well versed working from his back.

GSP fights smart, period. Other than being poked in both eyes I don't see him losing this fight.

Diaz is probably going to get jabbed into irrelevance much to my dislike. I wish the Diaz bros would learn something about wrestling in MMA and actually train for it. As well as being ready for the quick in and out jabbers who dance around the cage like its a RiverDance show.

This said they need to get the hype machine rolling, Nick Diaz needs to open his mouth and insult George some more.

I started at 37m and got sucked into 5 minutes of Diaz sounding like a fucking moron. Still love his fight style though.

For whatever reason, that interview wasn't as painful to watch as some of his others. He actually seemed pretty relaxed and comfortable. Relatively speaking.

I like both Nick & GSP so I'm neutral, bu I have heard Nick make similar comments to these. I'm not going to comb through here to see if it's been posted, but remember when Nick fought Karo? At the time Nick talked about how it was a terrible match-up for him and how he would likely lose. He even said this in the old black & white pre-hype vids that aired directly before each fight.

diaz loses by submission. i say armbar after he gasses in the 3rd.

Diaz gas??!!!!??? This Diaz out-runs his little brother by minutes in 10k runs, MINUTES, dude couldn't gas out if you gave him a blood transfusion with Carwin.

Hes just saying that so people will stop asking him questions. If you say yeah he'll beat my ass who's gonna keep asking you about the fight? Diaz wants to be left alone.

that explaination actually makes the most sense to me..

I really hope Diaz is coming to fight and not expect to lose.. hope he brings it all to GSP and is more diverse in his gameplan than say vs Condit..

I seriously don't get MMA fans? After Diaz KO'd Daley and beat down Penn the excitement for GSP/Diaz was at a fever pitch, now they act like the fight is a waste of time.. So what Diaz went from one of the most exciting fighters in MMA to not worthy of the fight... You guys are bitchy crybabies..

This vid was from ages ago, and Diaz seemed down on himself when answering the question, as if being resentful as being put forward as the 'bad guy'.

I think Nick will come out and be confident fighting GSP

Diaz gas??!!!!??? This Diaz out-runs his little brother by minutes in 10k runs, MINUTES, dude couldn't gas out if you gave him a blood transfusion with Carwin.

Running is different from grappling, anybody can gas

I seriously don't get MMA fans? After Diaz KO'd Daley and beat down Penn the excitement for GSP/Diaz was at a fever pitch, now they act like the fight is a waste of time.. So what Diaz went from one of the most exciting fighters in MMA to not worthy of the fight... You guys are bitchy crybabies..

Surely even you notice the vast gulf in competition between Penn/Daley and Gsp

Exactly

Back