Nick Diaz "Nate beat the f*ck out of Conor", thinks he won

Nate was swinging for the fences and landed little in significant strikes. Anyway according to Nick he's never lost a fight in his life

I think he won too, it was a close fight though which is why it was a MAJORITY decision.
That's not what a majority decision is that's a split decision. No judge scored it for diaz no one thought he won one judge said he did enough to tie mcgregor

Sherdog, Bloody Elbow, MMA Fighting, and Bleacher Report (which were the only sites I checked) all scored the fight for McGregor.

Anyone one of his not fans saying that he wasn't in troubled or hurt, should never post again
He was definitely in trouble, but he wasn't hurt. He gassed again. 170 is not a good weight class for McGregor. He needs to carry fat and it's a net loss for his body type.

"Significant strikes" is such a stupid, bias stat. It's up to a guy to determine what's "significant." Diaz is a volume puncher and McGregor is a counterpuncher. A significant strike from McGregor is much different than one from Diaz.

Conor's face will never be the same again. Just go up to him in person and you'll see. I hope that Conor's family and friends care for him and intervene to keep him out of a 3rd fight with Nate
:eek:

The Diaz brothers have never lost a fight. Nothing new here.

Conor clearly won the fight

Rounds 1,2,4 and arguably even the 5th,he got the better of the standup and the clinch was equal with them both getting a takedown

Clearly? A unanimous decision is clearly. A split decision usually means a close fight. I would hardly say a majority draw signifies "Clearly." I hope both Conor haters and nut huggers can at least acknowledge that.

You're clearly not a GOAT contender if people are arguing about whether you won or lost to Nate Diaz.... in the middle of your prime years.... and after already getting tapped out by him once.

No GOAT contenders should have problems with Nate Diaz when they're 28 years old.

Conor knocked out Aldo. He's also the LW champ. And he beat Diaz, the only people arguing about it are the delusional McGregor haters.

I think the consensus is that Conor won rounds 1 and 4

Nate won 3 and 5

There are 2 outstanding points though
1. Was Nate's flurry from about 1:30 left in round 2 enough to steal the round? Conor had controlled and outstruck him up until then. And even during that flurry Conor was able to weave and clinch. The guy was exhausted at the end of the round and ppl assume he was just owned for some reason. And many seemed influenced by Rogan's crazy emoting during that stretch, along with Goldie going "1, 1?". Remember, Goldie knows nothing.

And biggest fact to remember is Conor scored 2 knockdowns at the beginning of the round--a minute long flurry doesn't negate that.

2. Round 3 was the most decisive round for Nate. Conor was running around like a chicken and Nate was putting huge pressure on him. The flurry at the end was the closest point the fight could have been stopped, but Conor again did well to defend and limit the damage, even popped off a few shots against the cage.

Nate won round 3, but because he never scored a knockdown nor did huge damage I don't score it as a 10-8.

After rewatching I had McGregor winning but original had Diaz 3/4/5

My point is it was a very close fight.

I didn't think it was even close scoring wise. Good and hard figth for both guys but clear win for Conor.

Back