Nick Diaz misses media, pulled from fight - Ronda on the other hand?

Diaz, I think, said he'd attend the PC and didn't show up, Ronda hasn't agreed to attend. As a result the PC was hyped that Diaz would be there.

Your comparing apples and oranges
That's some weak sauce there man.

He pulled the guy completely from the fight when he was the challenger and the B-Side promotion wise. Do you think Georges gets pull and stripped for not showing up to one presser?

This didn't even hit me straight away, but a friend of mine flipped out over this the other day.

Nick Diaz was the Strikeforce champion, was on a ridiculously long win streak and other than a premature doctor's stoppage against Noons (which he avenged) he was unbeaten for 5 and a half years.

The guy misses a press conference and Dana White pulls him from his title bout with Georges St. Pierre. To then rub salt in the wounds, they make him fight on the SAME CARD as Georges St. Pierre and Carlos Condit. Georges gets injured and pulls out of the bout, Nick defeats Penn and is again promoted to having a title shot. Georges gets injured again, and that is what leads to Diaz/Condit and Nick losing a closely contested decision and losing his ability to fight Georges again.

I'm not sure if any version of Nick would have beaten any version of Georges, but Nick sure didn't get this fight when he was on a roll did he? Nick was unceremoniously gifted a title shot against St. Pierre after spending an entire year off - wasn't exactly him rolling off of his Strikeforce momentum was it?

Ronda Rousey on the other hand is promoted to kingdom come. She's the face of WMMA and is pushed completely down our throats every day from the date of her UFC signing. WMMA altogether was green, but some of her opponents were simply bystanders. Whether it be severely undersized Carmouche, or one dimensional grapplers like McMann, or perhaps fighters that are pretty bad at everything like Correia and Davis. Barring a few talented ladies, Ronda was running through fighters who just were not good enough.

Then the wake-up call comes! She's starting to be spread too thin, too many projects at once and what was deemed as a bit of a "gimme fight" against a one dimensional boxer in Holm, ends up being a bout that costs her her consciousness.

After a year of making excuses, and dodging the Holm rematch, she's back now lol. The minute Miesha Tate won with her Hail Mary choke over Holly, she texts Dana saying "Guess I'm coming back to work" - in other words, here is a fighter I've beaten twice, now I'm confident in winning again.

So eventually she's back, and after all the sobbing and over the top suicide talk etc. she has built up the courage to fight Amanda Nunes - but oh wait, she is outright refusing to talk to MMA media. Why is Conan and Ellen okay? Perhaps because she gets paid for those interviews.

So I say all of that to say this, Nick Diaz got fucking screwed at the time and good old uncle Bald Bozo Fuck makes another exception for those that line his pockets.

Good job, glad Michael Landsberg handed you your ass on Canadian TV.
Dana pulled Conor from UFC 200 for missing a press

Last time Nick won an olympic judo medal ?
Last time he was the UFC WMMA champion ?
You have to be kind to a woman, kinder than to a guy, thats why

You are aware of the fact that they sign a contract for every fight, right?
Ronda negotiated this before she signed the contract to fight Nunes. Colin and Diaz obviously didn't and they pulled the stunt right before the presser.

It's pretty simple actually and it's unbelievable that nobody is even thinking about that.
Don't just make excuses because you're a fan, you're better than that.

I know that they do individual contracts for every fight, that still doesn't excuse it being a ridiculous request, and Dana being totally hypocritical. Oh, don't worry Ronda you do whatever you want!

Conor refused one presser, not several, not all, yes it was a little last minute, but you know it was still bullshit.

Last time Nick won an olympic judo medal ?
Last time he was the UFC WMMA champion ?
You have to be kind to a woman, kinder than to a guy, thats why
Sara McMann is an Olympic Silver medalist, Henry Cejudo is a Gold medalist. What on earth is the point?

I'll even give you that, but that was as much of a ploy as anything.

You know Diaz vs McGregor II does mega-numbers. Why hit your glass ceiling with UFC 200 and put it on there, you're already going to do great numbers without those fellas because of the importance of UFC 200 and the fact that they had Brock on the way and Jones/Cormier also.

I suspected foul play from the start on that one.
female fighters in general have some privileges... like not getting cut after horrible losing streaks

Don't just make excuses because you're a fan, you're better than that.

I know that they do individual contracts for every fight, that still doesn't excuse it being a ridiculous request, and Dana being totally hypocritical. Oh, don't worry Ronda you do whatever you want!

Conor refused one presser, not several, not all, yes it was a little last minute, but you know it was still bullshit.

I'm not making any excuses because I'm a fan. Stop looking at my avatar for a second.

My point is that this was negotiated into her contract and she got it done. Colin and Diaz didn't have these terms. McGregor however would undoubtedly get this "special treatment" too, if he asked for it and negotiated it in his contract. He's currently a bigger draw than Ronda, if he negotiated this before he signed a contract to fight somebody he'd be able to skip media too and not risk being pulled.
And lets be serious here for a bit and skip the "Dana is in love with Ronda that's why she gets this special treatment". Not saying that you specifically are using that argument but it's really as simple as; she negotiated this before she signed the contract and the UFC agreed - most likely because of her star power and how important they think she is for the brand. Colin is in the exact same position with the exception that he's got even more leverage than her. If he wanted to do it this way, he'd be able to do it this way - if it's in the contract.

Sure, I would have liked to see her do some media but I'm not gonna bitch about it. This approach is obviously working because people can't stop talking about it.

Sara McMann is an Olympic Silver medalist, Henry Cejudo is a Gold medalist. What on earth is the point?
The point is that those medals make them famous to very much more people thant the hard core fans.
Taking Nick off the card is not a big deal for he PPV numbers
Take RR off the card.. this is whole different story then

This didn't even hit me straight away, but a friend of mine flipped out over this the other day.

Nick Diaz was the Strikeforce champion, was on a ridiculously long win streak and other than a premature doctor's stoppage against Noons (which he avenged) he was unbeaten for 5 and a half years.

The guy misses a press conference and Dana White pulls him from his title bout with Georges St. Pierre. To then rub salt in the wounds, they make him fight on the SAME CARD as Georges St. Pierre and Carlos Condit. Georges gets injured and pulls out of the bout, Nick defeats Penn and is again promoted to having a title shot. Georges gets injured again, and that is what leads to Diaz/Condit and Nick losing a closely contested decision and losing his ability to fight Georges again.

I'm not sure if any version of Nick would have beaten any version of Georges, but Nick sure didn't get this fight when he was on a roll did he? Nick was unceremoniously gifted a title shot against St. Pierre after spending an entire year off - wasn't exactly him rolling off of his Strikeforce momentum was it?

Ronda Rousey on the other hand is promoted to kingdom come. She's the face of WMMA and is pushed completely down our throats every day from the date of her UFC signing. WMMA altogether was green, but some of her opponents were simply bystanders. Whether it be severely undersized Carmouche, or one dimensional grapplers like McMann, or perhaps fighters that are pretty bad at everything like Correia and Davis. Barring a few talented ladies, Ronda was running through fighters who just were not good enough.

Then the wake-up call comes! She's starting to be spread too thin, too many projects at once and what was deemed as a bit of a "gimme fight" against a one dimensional boxer in Holm, ends up being a bout that costs her her consciousness.

After a year of making excuses, and dodging the Holm rematch, she's back now lol. The minute Miesha Tate won with her Hail Mary choke over Holly, she texts Dana saying "Guess I'm coming back to work" - in other words, here is a fighter I've beaten twice, now I'm confident in winning again.

So eventually she's back, and after all the sobbing and over the top suicide talk etc. she has built up the courage to fight Amanda Nunes - but oh wait, she is outright refusing to talk to MMA media. Why is Conan and Ellen okay? Perhaps because she gets paid for those interviews.

So I say all of that to say this, Nick Diaz got fucking screwed at the time and good old uncle Bald Bozo Fuck makes another exception for those that line his pockets.

Good job, glad Michael Landsberg handed you your ass on Canadian TV.
Off topic of the fairness of it all, but relating to something else you said

I'm not sure if any version of Nick would have beaten any version of Georges,

I personally think the Nick Diaz that was coming out of Strikeforce to fight Georges could have won.
The Diaz that fought pissed off against BJ could have taken GSP in my opinion. He was extremely motivated, pissed off, and ready to be the best in the world. By the time the Condit and finally the GSP fight came along, he seemed to have lost that spark, and the interest level to go for it. I think he would have beat damn near any WW the night he beat BJ

Just my opinion of course

Interesting theories ts.

I wonder if we can find even one other case where the UFC didn't treat fighters fairly and consistently.

Off topic of the fairness of it all, but relating to something else you said

I'm not sure if any version of Nick would have beaten any version of Georges,

I personally think the Nick Diaz that was coming out of Strikeforce to fight Georges could have won.
The Diaz that fought pissed off against BJ could have taken GSP in my opinion. He was extremely motivated, pissed off, and ready to be the best in the world. By the time the Condit and finally the GSP fight came along, he seemed to have lost that spark, and the interest level to go for it. I think he would have beat damn near any WW the night he beat BJ

Just my opinion of course
I'm glad you have an open mind, as I am probably the most pro-Diaz guy you can find on here.

I personally think people look past Nick Diaz like he was some bum, an overrated fighter that supposedly fought "smaller guys his whole career". I watched the first 10 fights of his career the other day and I'm chronicling his career in several separate posts I can tag you in them as I post them if you're interested in a read. Going back to the comment about his first 10 fights, not once did he fight a guy considerably smaller than him, it's just a bit of a myth.

I'm with you, I think Nick could have beaten Georges, or at least took some rounds off of him. Nick at his peak was one of the best fighters to watch and was uber talented and skilled.

His personality fits with some people, others it turns off. But fuck those who are turned off.

The point is that those medals make them famous to very much more people thant the hard core fans.
Taking Nick off the card is not a big deal for he PPV numbers
Take RR off the card.. this is whole different story then
Oh yeah, because everyone and their mother watches Olympic Judo.

Come back to me when you see sense.

I'm not making any excuses because I'm a fan. Stop looking at my avatar for a second.

My point is that this was negotiated into her contract and she got it done. Colin and Diaz didn't have these terms. McGregor however would undoubtedly get this "special treatment" too, if he asked for it and negotiated it in his contract. He's currently a bigger draw than Ronda, if he negotiated this before he signed a contract to fight somebody he'd be able to skip media too and not risk being pulled.
And lets be serious here for a bit and skip the "Dana is in love with Ronda that's why she gets this special treatment". Not saying that you specifically are using that argument but it's really as simple as; she negotiated this before she signed the contract and the UFC agreed - most likely because of her star power and how important they think she is for the brand. Colin is in the exact same position with the exception that he's got even more leverage than her. If he wanted to do it this way, he'd be able to do it this way - if it's in the contract.

Sure, I would have liked to see her do some media but I'm not gonna bitch about it. This approach is obviously working because people can't stop talking about it.
I don't have to even look at your avatar, your reputation of being a Ronda-apologist precedes you.

I have no problem with the possibility that she negotiated it into the contract, that is not my issue. A very quick question, how do you even know this was agreed/negotiated? Has this been announced?

I think it's ridiculous on her part to firstly even try to negotiate this. It'll have a negative affect promotion wise and probably financially on the PPV. It's also just a big middle finger to the media who supported and celebrated her for so long and so fervently, does she forget this? She acts like the media hates her now, when really her own "take her ball and sulk" attitude is what got her negative press.

For you to think that anyone else would get this treatment, going off of the history of the UFC, in my opinion speaks to you being in denial. You think Conor could or would promote an event with zero conversation with MMA media? First of all do you think he'd ever be so negative to try and do this in the first place? Second of all do you really think Dana White would sit in a room and accept that he is doing zero interactions with MMA media? Conor sells fights with his talk, and you're going to subtract the talk from the equation? Because that'll really sell well, right?

Ronda is getting this because she's a woman, mainly. She's getting it because she was the golden girl of MMA, who never rocked the boat with management, never demanded equity, changing of promotional posters etc. like Conor did. She also greatly differs to Nick, who always has had a bad-boy image and showed a rebellious side. She loses in terrible fashion and the tries to pull on our heart-strings with talk of suicide. Horrible, seeming as she's had suicide in her immediate family, so why take it to that place just for some sympathy - you lost one fight, get over yourself!

The UFC are now on a guilt trip and therefore she's being sheltered. The UFC brass fear her losing again because if she does, she's probably done with the sport. With that being said if they can do anything to make her preparation easier or help her be comfortable and confident they will give her that luxury - in hope that it increases the chance of victory.

Pure cowardice and arrogance from her, acting like a 10 year old girl - and absolute bare-faced hypocrisy from the UFC. She's known to run when the tough gets going, her Judo coaches said the same thing, she's simply a terrible loser and there is no place for someone who cannot accept a loss and try to come back stronger.

She brought all this criticism on herself. This is the same girl who called out Holly's character, refused to shake Miesha's hand, coined the term "do nothing bitch", called out the best boxer of our time like she's some sort of feminist movement extraordinaire and the woman who stood over an opponent and said "don't cry".

Yeah, she was really humble in her time of dominance, you reap what you sow.

cant take trump or the ufc too literally - if they are harping on something like 'missing a press conference', maybe they dont really care - maybe they are just mad at that person or want to fight to win compliance and are using whatever angle they can find to attack the fighter who is acting out of line - they're negotiating with these fighters all the time - maybe ronda accepted a pay cut to not do media, maybe she gave someone a bj, we will have no idea

That's some weak sauce there man.

He pulled the guy completely from the fight when he was the challenger and the B-Side promotion wise. Do you think Georges gets pull and stripped for not showing up to one presser?
No because GSP would never not show up. Plus Dana had to set a precedent, don't show up don't get paid.

I'm glad you have an open mind, as I am probably the most pro-Diaz guy you can find on here.

I personally think people look past Nick Diaz like he was some bum, an overrated fighter that supposedly fought "smaller guys his whole career". I watched the first 10 fights of his career the other day and I'm chronicling his career in several separate posts I can tag you in them as I post them if you're interested in a read. Going back to the comment about his first 10 fights, not once did he fight a guy considerably smaller than him, it's just a bit of a myth.

I'm with you, I think Nick could have beaten Georges, or at least took some rounds off of him. Nick at his peak was one of the best fighters to watch and was uber talented and skilled.

His personality fits with some people, others it turns off. But fuck those who are turned off.
Yeah man tag me on those posts, I know his career backwards as well, watched all of his fights a number of times.

One of my favorites, which also happened to be one of his most pointless fights, is the Scott Smith fight. Poor old Scott could not hit a thing that night, while Nick was landing the most strikes ever in Strikeforce history at the time, it was so much fun to watch.

Definitely tag me in man, I'd love to talk about some of his older fights, or his whole career even

I hate Ronda but i am glad she isn't doing the media interviews.

She is a mentally weak bully who ALSO is ugly, she cant cope with the interviews and if the ufc forced her to do it, it would ultimately lead to the death of ronda drowsey, so i'm glad they are letting it slide and not forcing her to do all this media shit

Back