Nick Diaz misses media, pulled from fight - Ronda on the other hand?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This didn't even hit me straight away, but a friend of mine flipped out over this the other day.

Nick Diaz was the Strikeforce champion, was on a ridiculously long win streak and other than a premature doctor's stoppage against Noons (which he avenged) he was unbeaten for 5 and a half years.

The guy misses a press conference and Dana White pulls him from his title bout with Georges St. Pierre. To then rub salt in the wounds, they make him fight on the SAME CARD as Georges St. Pierre and Carlos Condit. Georges gets injured and pulls out of the bout, Nick defeats Penn and is again promoted to having a title shot. Georges gets injured again, and that is what leads to Diaz/Condit and Nick losing a closely contested decision and losing his ability to fight Georges again.

I'm not sure if any version of Nick would have beaten any version of Georges, but Nick sure didn't get this fight when he was on a roll did he? Nick was unceremoniously gifted a title shot against St. Pierre after spending an entire year off - wasn't exactly him rolling off of his Strikeforce momentum was it?

Ronda Rousey on the other hand is promoted to kingdom come. She's the face of WMMA and is pushed completely down our throats every day from the date of her UFC signing. WMMA altogether was green, but some of her opponents were simply bystanders. Whether it be severely undersized Carmouche, or one dimensional grapplers like McMann, or perhaps fighters that are pretty bad at everything like Correia and Davis. Barring a few talented ladies, Ronda was running through fighters who just were not good enough.

Then the wake-up call comes! She's starting to be spread too thin, too many projects at once and what was deemed as a bit of a "gimme fight" against a one dimensional boxer in Holm, ends up being a bout that costs her her consciousness.

After a year of making excuses, and dodging the Holm rematch, she's back now lol. The minute Miesha Tate won with her Hail Mary choke over Holly, she texts Dana saying "Guess I'm coming back to work" - in other words, here is a fighter I've beaten twice, now I'm confident in winning again.

So eventually she's back, and after all the sobbing and over the top suicide talk etc. she has built up the courage to fight Amanda Nunes - but oh wait, she is outright refusing to talk to MMA media. Why is Conan and Ellen okay? Perhaps because she gets paid for those interviews.

So I say all of that to say this, Nick Diaz got fucking screwed at the time and good old uncle Bald Bozo Fuck makes another exception for those that line his pockets.

Good job, glad Michael Landsberg handed you your ass on Canadian TV.

Don't forget Conor being pulled from UFC-200 for shirking media obligations.

Cgrcrr7XEAAl8Li.jpg:large

Don't forget Conor being pulled from UFC-200 for shirking media obligations.
I'll even give you that, but that was as much of a ploy as anything.

You know Diaz vs McGregor II does mega-numbers. Why hit your glass ceiling with UFC 200 and put it on there, you're already going to do great numbers without those fellas because of the importance of UFC 200 and the fact that they had Brock on the way and Jones/Cormier also.

I suspected foul play from the start on that one.

I think it was in Ronda's negotiated contract. Nick and Conor didnt do what they signed up to do

Dana is a hypocrite and the devil himself.

I think it was in Ronda's negotiated contract. Nick and Conor didnt do what they signed up to do

“It’s not right. It sets a bad precedent. These guys came in from all over the world and they are here and that’s the way it’s been for 16 years – people have been doing their PR”.

Screw them both, if I could only pick one to watch KOd it would still be Ronda though

The favoritism that she gets is unreal. Like pointed out above, even Conor McGregor couldn't get away with doing no media. Not hard to tell who the UFC wants to win this one. Hope Nunes violently puts and end to this one.

This move by the UFC tells me that they know Ronda is vulnerable and they're trying to hide something. After all she did break down after a staredown and had to be consoled. She seems like a mental wreck at this point.

How old are you TS? 12?

I hate to break this to you, but life isn't fair.

Some people are worth more than others, and they get treated in kind.

These incessant whine threads about how the big draws get special treatment are probably the worst thing going on this forum.

How old are you TS? 12?

I hate to break this to you, but life isn't fair.

Some people are worth more than others, and they get treated in kind.

These incessant whine threads about how the big draws get special treatment are probably the worst thing going on this forum.

Stop whining.

<{yearp}>

The favoritism that she gets is unreal. Like pointed out above, even Conor McGregor couldn't get away with doing no media. Not hard to tell who the UFC wants to win this one. Hope Nunes violently puts and end to this one.

This move by the UFC tells me that they know Ronda is vulnerable and they're trying to hide something. After all she did break down after a staredown and had to be consoled. She seems like a mental wreck at this point.

Don't be fucking stupid. McGregor didn't get pulled from UFC 200 because he didn't want to do a press conference. It was push back by the UFC against all of the demands that he was making for increased money and independence. Unlike McGregor, Rousey always toes the company line, so she gets a longer leash.

When UFC 200 ended up turning into a clusterfuck because Jones melted down for the umpteenth time, Conor came out on top.

If Rousey's last fight is next week, there's no way in hell that they'll ever try to pull that shit with him again. He'll be the only guaranteed draw that they have.

This didn't even hit me straight away, but a friend of mine flipped out over this the other day.

Nick Diaz was the Strikeforce champion, was on a ridiculously long win streak and other than a premature doctor's stoppage against Noons (which he avenged) he was unbeaten for 5 and a half years.

The guy misses a press conference and Dana White pulls him from his title bout with Georges St. Pierre. To then rub salt in the wounds, they make him fight on the SAME CARD as Georges St. Pierre and Carlos Condit. Georges gets injured and pulls out of the bout, Nick defeats Penn and is again promoted to having a title shot. Georges gets injured again, and that is what leads to Diaz/Condit and Nick losing a closely contested decision and losing his ability to fight Georges again.

I'm not sure if any version of Nick would have beaten any version of Georges, but Nick sure didn't get this fight when he was on a roll did he? Nick was unceremoniously gifted a title shot against St. Pierre after spending an entire year off - wasn't exactly him rolling off of his Strikeforce momentum was it?

Ronda Rousey on the other hand is promoted to kingdom come. She's the face of WMMA and is pushed completely down our throats every day from the date of her UFC signing. WMMA altogether was green, but some of her opponents were simply bystanders. Whether it be severely undersized Carmouche, or one dimensional grapplers like McMann, or perhaps fighters that are pretty bad at everything like Correia and Davis. Barring a few talented ladies, Ronda was running through fighters who just were not good enough.

Then the wake-up call comes! She's starting to be spread too thin, too many projects at once and what was deemed as a bit of a "gimme fight" against a one dimensional boxer in Holm, ends up being a bout that costs her her consciousness.

After a year of making excuses, and dodging the Holm rematch, she's back now lol. The minute Miesha Tate won with her Hail Mary choke over Holly, she texts Dana saying "Guess I'm coming back to work" - in other words, here is a fighter I've beaten twice, now I'm confident in winning again.

So eventually she's back, and after all the sobbing and over the top suicide talk etc. she has built up the courage to fight Amanda Nunes - but oh wait, she is outright refusing to talk to MMA media. Why is Conan and Ellen okay? Perhaps because she gets paid for those interviews.

So I say all of that to say this, Nick Diaz got fucking screwed at the time and good old uncle Bald Bozo Fuck makes another exception for those that line his pockets.

Good job, glad Michael Landsberg handed you your ass on Canadian TV.

You ruined your own thread.

Conor didn't get the Honda treatment - he got the Nick Diaz treatment and was pulled.

When you're a star due to Baldy's efforts, he lets you do whatever you want. When you're a star despite Baldy's efforts, he creates obstacles on every step. As simple as that.

Back