Nick Diaz is done fighting for real

Nick's been done for a while

Plod forward, slap, taunt, lose, retire

Normal
The cost-benefit of him fighting has been skewed so heavily to cost in comparison to his weed business and local celebrity gig that it doesn't make any sense for him to fight anymore.

Good for him for sticking to his principles.

Hope it's not true but it looks like he'll only fight again if the money offered is an absurd amount. Not sure who he would fight though, maybe Woodley or Till?
Diaz wouldn't want Woodley, horrible match-up and the UFC won't want to spend a bunch of $$$ for Diaz to return and have a one sided fight. They want someone who would likely only stand and bang and no wrestling pedigree. Maybe a rematch with Condit or Lawler if Diaz can still make 170. He looks pretty big in photos. He might end up at 185 or a catch-weight bout.

Diaz wouldn't want Woodley, horrible match-up and the UFC won't want to spend a bunch of $$$ for Diaz to return and have a one sided fight. They want someone who would likely only stand and bang and no wrestling pedigree. Maybe a rematch with Condit or Lawler if Diaz can still make 170. He looks pretty big in photos. He might end up at 185 or a catch-weight bout.

True, it might be hard for to him to make 170 like before but I'd be down to watch him rematch Condit or Lawler. That would be awesome and I'm a fan of all 3

He didnt even write that. just fishing for a good offer.

I think you're right.

He is tagging UFC and Bellator, it almost seems like he is trying to pull some reverse psychology or something.

True, it might be hard for to him to make 170 like before but I'd be down to watch him rematch Condit or Lawler. That would be awesome and I'm a fan of all 3
Diaz Lawler 2 is the single worst time a rematch didn't happen that should have. Smack during Lawlers revival streak they could have done it. was waiting for it to be announced for 3 years.

Diaz Lawler 2 is the single worst time a rematch didn't happen that should have. Smack during Lawlers revival streak they could have done it. was waiting for it to be announced for 3 years.

I think its too late now. although it would have been a great return bout for him as well.

Wish the fans could of gotten that.

Which is practically what I would be doing at this point in taking a fight with some of these guys that are not on my level
Says the guy who hasnt won a fucking fight since forever.

I like Nick.. but he is delusional as fuck.

Kind of a drag , but if he doesn't have fighting in his heart anymore than he's making the right choice.

I would pay a lot to see him rematch Lawler

nick diaz hasn't won a fight in nine years. he's right, none of those guys are at his level, they're way above it

DON'T BE SCARED HOMIE

This is exactly why you should not be paying fighters significantly more than a living wage.

Soon as they make real $$$, they fight once a year or less, they pull out of fights, they get fat and have trouble making weight, etc.

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are exceptions not the rule.
Get the hell out here with this nonsense.

The cost-benefit of him fighting has been skewed so heavily to cost in comparison to his weed business and local celebrity gig that it doesn't make any sense for him to fight anymore.
appreciated. probably true. but then as a "real one" he should not be fucking talking about motherfuckers "on his level". If he wants to make a quick buck go to Bellator, fight Daley. He seems to be relevant again and the two have history.

i see a lot of nick hate in this thread but let's not forget the impact he's had on ufc. he was quite the polarizing figure and bought a lot of entertainment to his matches. personally i miss him fighting quite a bit
<209Bitch>

Nick Diaz was, and probably still is my favorite MMA fighter.

That said, I totally understand why people shit on him, mock him and altogether grow tired of him. There's only so long you can stay out of the cage before fans of yours just give up. I'm not a fan of Nick Diaz minus his fighting, his fighting is what made me fall in love with his character in general. Just a sad way to go out in terms of legacy, but I genuinely hope he has shitloads of his Condit, Silva and St. Pierre cheques left.

A cult hero, I'll never forget the good times.
Yup! A cult hero is a good definition for Nick. Almost every Diaz fight is a fun watch. They’re both characters that made the sport so much more interesting. These days Nick is an instagram model and maybe we’ll get to see Nathan fight Conor to complete the trilogy. Nobody should hold his/her breath though.

Im guessing Nick is done fighting for real.

He just posted this on his instagram.

• nickdiaz209
    I’m no role model, I’m 35 years old, but I definitely wouldn’t advise anybody to take a fight for less than their worth or fight for free. Which is practically what I would be doing at this point in taking a fight with some of these guys that are not on my level. Nor would I be within my moral ethics to even do that aside from you not painting me as a role model. If there was an offer I couldn’t refuse, things would be different. Until they are -
    I’d like to continue to think I’ve been fighting to make the world a better place, but until I can continue to do that:
    “I don’t want to hurt nobody, I just want to party.” Cc: @ufc@nick_diaz_academy @natediaz209@riokid @thefloridaboy @bellatormma@tmz_tv @mmajunkiedotcom@mariolopez @arielhelwani @foursigmatic

duh he retired. nick is mad about his contract but if he not retired 6 years ago he been able to signed something newer already.

Back