Nick Diaz is done fighting for real

iBerimbolo

Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt / sherdog Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Im guessing Nick is done fighting for real.

He just posted this on his instagram.

• nickdiaz209
    I’m no role model, I’m 35 years old, but I definitely wouldn’t advise anybody to take a fight for less than their worth or fight for free. Which is practically what I would be doing at this point in taking a fight with some of these guys that are not on my level. Nor would I be within my moral ethics to even do that aside from you not painting me as a role model. If there was an offer I couldn’t refuse, things would be different. Until they are -
    I’d like to continue to think I’ve been fighting to make the world a better place, but until I can continue to do that:
    “I don’t want to hurt nobody, I just want to party.” Cc: @ufc@nick_diaz_academy @natediaz209@riokid @thefloridaboy @bellatormma@tmz_tv @mmajunkiedotcom@mariolopez @arielhelwani @foursigmatic

Nick's been done for a while

Plod forward, slap, taunt, lose, retire

Normal

Hope it's not true but it looks like he'll only fight again if the money offered is an absurd amount. Not sure who he would fight though, maybe Woodley or Till?

This is exactly why you should not be paying fighters significantly more than a living wage.

Soon as they make real $$$, they fight once a year or less, they pull out of fights, they get fat and have trouble making weight, etc.

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are exceptions not the rule.

tenor.gif

Do people believe otherwise?

Sane, intelligent people?

I like how he says "guys who are not on my level" when he hasn't won a fight himself in nearly ten years.

Unless he or McGregor call each other out sometime in the future after Conor's trilogy with his little brother is a wrap, then I don't see him ever fighting again. Which I honestly wouldn't mind at this point, since he clearly has no passion in it any longer.

haha "on my level". and what would that level be? guy is a hard fight for anyone but let's not be delusional.

What was that talk about him fighting Masvidal, fake ru
This is exactly why you should not be paying fighters significantly more than a living wage.

Soon as they make real $$$, they fight once a year or less, they pull out of fights, they get fat and have trouble making weight, etc.

He literally came from nothing too, once he got a house, some sponsorship and money in the bank, he probably lost the desire to fight.

He has said he doesn't even like fighting.

hope he doesnt spend all of nates money...

Maybe the key is to pay them so much that money loses its value, and they start to value their legacy more than their net worth.

I feel like UFC should have fighters fighting more. This would allow them to earn more, even if they do not get a huge amount in a single fight.

When you're reduced to fighting 2 times max in a year, you kind of want to get paid. I'm not sure if it's just down to the fighters not wanting to fight, or the UFC not being able to book them, considering that there are only a limited amount of events.

It would be pretty great if fighters could switch between promotions, to fight wherever they please, but the system is what it is.

Last edited:
It's 2019. He hasn't been in serious competition since 2013. He had his first pro-fight 18 years ago, and he's been partying like a madman for the past half decade.

If he did come back, it would probably be ugly.

This is for the best.

who's he holding out for? he fought GSP & Silva, he turned down a Lawler rematch, Conor won't fight him
he mentioned interest in Khabib at ww but there's about zero chance of that
Adesanya?

Back