Nick Diaz: I'm still going to smoke weed

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
When speaking to Dan Skye of High Times in a recent interview, the Stockton product says the suspension hasn't quelled his appetite for marijuana.

"If I'm at home and I'm training - €”doing my same things every day - €”then I'm definitely going to want to use cannabis," Diaz said. "It's gonna help. I'm trying to stay focused on what I'm doing. I don't want a whole lot of things going on—people to call back, or text messages or whatever. I chill out, relax a little bit, and then I don't have those issues. If I'm going to train all day, when I get done, I'm gonna want to smoke. If I have to go and train all day, before I go, I'm gonna want to smoke. If I wake up in the morning and feel beat to shit, and it's going to take me forever to wake up, I smoke some weed and I wake right up. Then I have breakfast and I go do a workout."

With his sentence now reduced to 18 months, Diaz could return to the Octagon as early as July, 2016. The 32-year-old teased at doing "something big" for his comeback.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...-willing-to-give-up-marijuana-suspension-nsac

I wish it was wasn't tested for. It could help a lot of guys out. It's a truly amazing plant.

He says he's going to want to use cannabis, not saying that he will... although he probably will.

Keep on keeping on nick just dont bitch, complain and wonder why youre driving a honda fucking civic

I wish it was wasn't tested for. It could help a lot of guys out. It's a truly amazing plant.

Agreed. I don't even smoke, but my GF does, and it's literally a godsend for her.

Great, he should get banned them the next time his test comes. He's stubborn like a kid.

That's fine and all, it's his decision, his life. But plenty of jobs forbid certain behavior, so you have nobody else to blame but yourself if it affects your career.

Nick Diaz is easily the most unintentionally funny person on the planet

Nick Diaz is legally prescribed to smoke marijuana so it should be legally recognized by NSAC.

Very surprising coming from Diaz. You would think he would have learned his lesson by now. I now truly think Diaz just doesn't care about the weed being a banned substance.

It's a peaceful activity done by consenting adults. It is not at all a PED, so what's the problem?

Let the man smoke his weed, enjoy his life.

While I believe it should be legal, he is an idiot because the next failure could perminatly end his career.

Nick Diaz is legally prescribed to smoke marijuana so it should be legally recognized by NSAC.
Not in Nevada. They go elbows deep with no lube there for drugs. Hookers are no problem though.

Suck sucky fucky fucky

If Nick gets a fight scheduled to happen in Vegas, I bet they'll immediately do a random drug test on him. Or maybe even before that, they'll send somebody over to do a random drug test before he's even scheduled to fight somebody.

I think NSAC really has it out for Nick, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sent somebody over to drug test him right away just to try to catch him for weed again and then suspend/ban him forever.

Seriously, would any of you guys be surprised if they sent somebody over literally right away to drug test Nick just so they could (hopefully in their minds) bust him for weed and kick him out of the sport or something? Pat Lundvall clearly doesn't like Nick and she made that pretty clear with the way she spoke to him and handing out the 5-year ban.

Let's hope things work out just fine and we can see Nick back in action again. I don't want his career to be ruined because the NAC has a personal vendetta against him, pretty much. He's still my favourite fighter and it really fucking sucks that he can't be active because these stupid commissions test for weed and act like it's such a performance enhancer. Complete bullshit.

Massive, non-stop ingestion of pot assisted him in coming up with the theory that he is paid way too little, but also paid way too much, all in the same sentence.

If Nick gets a fight scheduled to happen in Vegas, I bet they'll immediately do a random drug test on him. Or maybe even before that, they'll send somebody over to do a random drug test before he's even scheduled to fight somebody.

I think NSAC really has it out for Nick, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sent somebody over to drug test him right away just to try to catch him for weed again and then suspend/ban him forever.

Seriously, would any of you guys be surprised if they sent somebody over literally right away to drug test Nick just so they could (hopefully in their minds) bust him for weed and kick him out of the sport or something? Pat Lundvall clearly doesn't like Nick and she made that pretty clear with the way she spoke to him and handing out the 5-year ban.

Let's hope things work out just fine and we can see Nick back in action again. I don't want his career to be ruined because the NAC has a personal vendetta against him, pretty much. He's still my favourite fighter and it really fucking sucks that he can't be active because these stupid commissions test for weed and act like it's such a performance enhancer. Complete bullshit.

I don't think they test for weed out of competition, kinda like the Jon Jones coke thing. Just needs to pass pre fight medicals and pre and post fight tests. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not up to date on the new testing procedures

Can't he fight in states (Cali) where it's legal and avoid the NSAC bullshit alltogether ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back