Nicco Montano is one of the worst champions in combat sports history.

I'll never tire of the butthurt, catty Valentina fans and their really weird and personal hatred of Nicco.

giphy.gif

Butthurt? Nicco got cut and Valentina is champion, and an immeasurably superior fighter.

Doesn't she have some video about weight cutting? Lol.

You are being defensive. Is it really a weird and personal hatred? I think the criticism is mostly on point.

Montana has pulled out of nine different scheduled bouts in the UFC alone, and has only fought twice in the UFC. She shows up to scheduled bouts less than 20% of the time. That's shocking.
Montana came in eight pounds overweight for a fight and then issued an inspirational press release about how people need to learn from her how to handle adversity. That's shocking.

The things she is being criticized for ruined her career. Had she never been champ, no one would remember her name or have much to say. But what's really weird is how a so-called champion can be so thoroughly unprofessional and so mentally weak.
So, you just counted the number of cancelled bouts Nicco has had in the UFC without looking at the reason. She hasn't pulled out of 9 bouts. Six at the most.

Clearly not her fault:
#1 - Sijara Eubanks was hospitalized from a bad weight cut and Montano fought Modafferi on the same card.
#3 - Sara McMann withdrew with an injury
#5 - fight with Julia Avila was rescheduled from August 8 to September 5. (not sure why but it was pushed back a month, but who cares)

Arguably not her fault:
#4 - Montano injury
#6 - Montano tests positive for covid
#8 - Montano not medically cleared with lingering neurological side effects from a car accident

Arguably her fault:
#2 - failed weight cut against Valentina Shevchenko
#7 - Montano unable to get a passport to fight Julia Avila in Abu Dhabi. (To be fair, she withdrew at least 3 weeks prior which allowed Avila to reschedule)
#9 - failed weight cut against Wu Yunan

So that's only 2 failed weight cuts. Charles Oliveira, by contrast, has missed weight 4 times in the UFC. Nobody cares, though, because Charles fights a lot, and all of those misses were at FW, and Charles hasn't had any problems since moving up. I don't know exactly why Montano couldn't cut the weight this time, but I know she's had some really bad luck with missed fights.

So, you just counted the number of cancelled bouts Nicco has had in the UFC without looking at the reason. She hasn't pulled out of 9 bouts. Six at the most.
Fair point. You've convinced me that three of those nine pullouts weren't her fault. She still had six that were. Utterly astonishing, given her very short tenure in the UFC. She's fought twice in the UFC and pulled out of fights six times where it was her fault. Damn. She's the P4P GOAT at not showing up, and it isn't close.

Was only the champ because Val wasn't on TUF

Everyone knew it was her belt

Back