Nicco Montano is one of the worst champions in combat sports history.

I thought that Nicco had a raw deal being pressurized to come back early from injury, the UFC didn't give her the leeway given to other champs. But ok she signed to fight Val when she should have just refused to come back until she was ready. They might still have taken her belt but it would have been a bad look for them, deposing a new champ after a few months. As it was she didn't go through with the fight which gave the UFC the justification to take her belt.

What has happened since is pretty sad and I can't see this story having a happy ending.

View attachment 871055
Being honest in MMA or Boxing I for the life of me cannot think of a weaker champion. If anyone can find someone worse than her please don’t hesitate to share.
lol wow, I didn't know she had that many cancellations. It that real? Please tell me this is photoshop haha

Self-destruction. She could have fought Felicia Spencer at 145, and she still would have missed weight.

Look at everything she's done and said since winning the belt. Nobody is that unlucky. She gave it away.

You are being defensive. Is it really a weird and personal hatred? I think the criticism is mostly on point.

Montana has pulled out of nine different scheduled bouts in the UFC alone, and has only fought twice in the UFC. She shows up to scheduled bouts less than 20% of the time. That's shocking.
Montana came in eight pounds overweight for a fight and then issued an inspirational press release about how people need to learn from her how to handle adversity. That's shocking.

The things she is being criticized for ruined her career. Had she never been champ, no one would remember her name or have much to say. But what's really weird is how a so-called champion can be so thoroughly unprofessional and so mentally weak.

If I could give a like I would {<redford}

Incoming Bisping and Conor haters to declare otherwise lol.

I don’t disagree btw she was absolutely awful.

You are being defensive. Is it really a weird and personal hatred? I think the criticism is mostly on point.

Montana has pulled out of nine different scheduled bouts in the UFC alone, and has only fought twice in the UFC. She shows up to scheduled bouts less than 20% of the time. That's shocking.
Montana came in eight pounds overweight for a fight and then issued an inspirational press release about how people need to learn from her how to handle adversity. That's shocking.

The things she is being criticized for ruined her career. Had she never been champ, no one would remember her name or have much to say. But what's really weird is how a so-called champion can be so thoroughly unprofessional and so mentally weak.

Defensive? I’m just enjoying the hysteria! You typed an awful lot of words about someone with 2 UFC fights

Was 3-2 going into her UFC title fight. You cant make this shit up.
there were people on here, mainly WMMA suckers, who insisted she was a great fighter because she won the belt on TUF, and the girls she beat were ranked at the time.

when you tried to explain to them that the rankings for a new weight class thats littered with bums doesn't mean jack shit, they just didn't understand. then you tell them the girl is 3-2 and fighting for an actual UFC title - they didn't understand that either.

worst champ in ufc history by far, talent wise and probably career wise too

Defensive? I’m just enjoying the hysteria! You typed an awful lot of words about someone with 2 UFC fights

Yeah, defensive. And not only in this thread, but consistently in every thread about Nicco. Your defensiveness shows in the way you try to turn the tables on Montana's critics as if they are overreacting, but you haven't addressed their criticisms at all. Nor have you shown they are overreacting.

Like what you say here, as if it's odd that I've written a paragraph about a former UFC champ. Nothing strange about people who frequent an MMA forum wanting to discuss the career of any fighter, let alone a former UFC champ who has behaved extraordinarily poorly.

Yeah, defensive. And not only in this thread, but consistently in every thread about Nicco. Your defensiveness shows in the way you try to turn the tables on Montana's critics as if they are overreacting, but you haven't addressed their criticisms at all. Nor have you shown they are overreacting.

Like what you say here, as if it's odd that I've written a paragraph about a former UFC champ. Nothing strange about people who frequent an MMA forum wanting to discuss the career of any fighter, let alone a former UFC champ who has behaved extraordinarily poorly.

I'm just fascinated and entertained by the hater mentality. And have too much free time. But your analysis is entertaining, too.

I love him, but Rob has a bunch of cancellations lmao poor guy.

I'm just fascinated and entertained by the hater mentality. And have too much free time. But your analysis is entertaining, too.

No, you aren't. You get defensive when Montana is being criticized, but the criticisms of her are legitimate, and not odd or an overreaction.

Since you can't respond straightforwardly, you use petty rhetorical tactics, like treating legitimate criticism as hate, and attempting to put yourself above the conversation as an entertained, fascinated observer.

No, you aren't. You get defensive when Montana is being criticized, but the criticisms of her are legitimate, and not odd or an overreaction.

Since you can't respond straightforwardly, you use petty rhetorical tactics, like treating legitimate criticism as hate, and attempting to put yourself above the conversation as an entertained, fascinated observer.

It's because I live in South Dakota and have a soft-spot for Native American women. There, are you happy now?

I'll have to start calling you butter, 'cause you're on a roll :p

how. 1 round he was good for. lots of hws are dangerous in round one

I think he may have been the most dangerous (Ngannou tier)

People always forget his fight with JDS. His Cardio wasn't as bad as it was made out to be due to the Lesnar fight.

He got fucking clobbered by JDS but kept moving forward, showed a lot of heart.

I still think he's the heaviest handed fighter there has been and he actually had a very good wrestling game.

there were people on here, mainly WMMA suckers, who insisted she was a great fighter because she won the belt on TUF, and the girls she beat were ranked at the time.

when you tried to explain to them that the rankings for a new weight class thats littered with bums doesn't mean jack shit, they just didn't understand. then you tell them the girl is 3-2 and fighting for an actual UFC title - they didn't understand that either.

worst champ in ufc history by far, talent wise and probably career wise too

These same people were saying Valentina didn't deserve a title shot as if it wasn't obvious to anyone with a brain that Val was going to wipe the floor with everyone.

Was it though?<BC1>
Yes :)
9hwH1ii.gif
18AVOnd.gif

Back