News Nicco Montano has been cut from the UFC

There is no excuse for a man missing weight. Women can have biological issues occur that can screw up their weight cuts, plus cutting weight is just way tougher for women in general.
Well then it is a level playing field for the women.

tumblr_lrky4sgu371qkv4zy.gif

I don't think anyone but Nicco is shocked
about this :rolleyes:

I'm not a guy to applaud anyone losing their job, but this is beyond deserving.

Hope Nicco figures it out and best wishes

Was all of these fights cancelled because of her weight cut issues?
No. The Karol Rosa fight earlier this year was cancelled because Nicco was having neurological issues from a car accident she was in. She had multiple fights cancelled last year because of COVID and/or injuries.

Montano went on to compete only once more (after her TUF run in 2017) for the UFC in a 2019 decision loss to Julianna Pena at bantamweight.

Eight of Montano’s 10 scheduled matchups with the promotion were canceled or postponed. Six of those changes were due to a withdrawal on her side, with three attributed to weight cutting.

Montano has missed weight both at flyweight and bantamweight. She also tested positive for ostarine and was suspended six months by USADA retroactive to October 2018. Her other UFC withdrawals were due to a positive COVID-19 test by one of her coaches and an injury suffered during training camp for a fight against Macy Chiasson.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...champ-nicco-montano-after-7-pound-weight-miss

While it's understandable that the UFC are pissed at Nicco's latest misfortune I do wonder if they may come to regret this cut.

Firstly they were so eager to install Valentina as champ that they pressurised Nicco into coming back early from injury, she wasn't given the latitude allowed other champs, Rose for example. Then there was the tone deaf incident where they tried to get Nicco to wear a war bonnet and paint for publicity shots, pretty dumb.

Folk do the usual thing and look at the pull out record without going further than the headlines. McCann pulled out of their fight not Nicco, another fight was cancelled because her coach John Wood tested positive for Covid, a subsequent fight saw Nicco pulled for Covid. Then the Rosa fight was cancelled because Nicco failed a pre-fight screening by the Commission's neurologist. Plenty of grey area in that little lot.

Now Nicco is a girl from the reservation, as such she could easily become something of a cause celebre for the usual voices, that's why I think the UFC were a bit too hasty in their reaction, this could come back to bite them.

You have to give UFC some credit for that, TUF schdule is really tough on contestant's bodies, receipe for disaster....

Fights less than Connor. Nothing to see here folks. Move along

There is no excuse for a man missing weight. Women can have biological issues occur that can screw up their weight cuts, plus cutting weight is just way tougher for women in general.
Yeah but 7 times is a bit rich don't you think?

cabt even imagine what her camp was thinking this entire time

Sherdog have some fucking mouth breathing sheep fishing for likes. She missed weight once of those 9 last cancellations.
"Hhehehe she is fat and unprofessional and...."

Read up on it a bit more. Of course some of it could be excuses, but to blame her or her team for covid, a fucking car accident with subsequent neurological damage and other in camp injuries is ridiculous. Obviously a fighter needs to fight, but as far as we are aware she has had an 18k case of bad luck and misfortune.

This doesn't mean that she has the best attitude or whatever other words some of you assholes will try to put into my mouth, just that this is more nuanced than you make it out to be.

End rant.<Fedor23>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back