NHL final four - Who's going to win the cup?

Who takes it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edmonton is a hot mess.

Colorado is looking TST these days though.
If Oilers end up signing E. Kane ohh dear.

If Sakic somehow manages to add (healthy) Price to the roster as some rumours suggest, they gotta be favourite to win the cup.

If Oilers end up signing E. Kane ohh dear.

If Sakic somehow manages to add (healthy) Price to the roster as some rumours suggest, they gotta be favourite to win the cup.

I haven't checked Cap Friendly, but from the outside, it doesn't feel like the Avs have the space to add the most expensive goalie in the league. Especially when it seemed like Sakic nickel and dimed Landeskog

I haven't checked Cap Friendly, but from the outside, it doesn't feel like the Avs have the space to add the most expensive goalie in the league. Especially when it seemed like Sakic nickel and dimed Landeskog
True. But AV's need to do something on the goalie market, if i am not mistaken both goalies are UFA next summer.

True. But AV's need to do something on the goalie market, if i am not mistaken both goalies are UFA next summer.
Not really. Francouz is the heir apparent and has been for awhile. They only signed Kuemper because Francouz needed surgery recovery. Francouz is the reason they let Grubauer go to Seattle lol.

Avs fans on the hockeyforums are happy Greenway pasted Kuemper in the head the other night because now Francouz gets the net.

Nate Mackinnon's contract is up after next year and he is going to command 11 million +. They ain't adding a guy like Price unless Montreal retains 50%. Kadri's contract is up, Burakowski's contract is up. Newhook isn't ready.

Not really. Francouz is the heir apparent and has been for awhile. They only signed Kuemper because Francouz needed surgery recovery. Francouz is the reason they let Grubauer go to Seattle lol.

Avs fans on the hockeyforums are happy Greenway pasted Kuemper in the head the other night because now Francouz gets the net.

Nate Mackinnon's contract is up after next year and he is going to command 11 million +. They ain't adding a guy like Price unless Montreal retains 50%. Kadri's contract is up, Burakowski's contract is up. Newhook isn't ready.
Ok, not familiar ehough with AV goalie situation. Was under assumption they are not doing well ehough and with both being UFA this or next summer, AV let them go. Then add Price on cheap contract somehow if they have a chance, something along lines Price is healthy ehough to play and he wants to chase the cup + Habs are not stopping him. After that Sakic and co find a way to get under the cap.

Ok, not familiar ehough with AV goalie situation. Was under assumption they are not doing well ehough and with both being UFA this or next summer, AV let them go. Then add Price on cheap contract somehow if they have a chance, something along lines Price is healthy ehough to play and he wants to chase the cup + Habs are not stopping him. After that Sakic and co find a way to get under the cap.
They "could" find a way to get Price under the cap for this year, but even at half retained, his contract is too much for 5 more years.

Add in with the exception of last year, which was really a fluke year since the Habs wouldn't have even made the playoffs in a normal year, Price really hasn't shown to be a playoff goalie.

They "could" find a way to get Price under the cap for this year, but even at half retained, his contract is too much for 5 more years.

Add in with the exception of last year, which was really a fluke year since the Habs wouldn't have even made the playoffs in a normal year, Price really hasn't shown to be a playoff goalie.
Yeah suppose its very unlikely.

Speaking of goalies, Oilers are apparently making a hard push to get one. Cant wait to see how they fuck it up :)

Chara is really showing up this year in the fighting department. Considering he's 44 years old and taking on the young HW's of the league and doing quite well.

Yeah suppose its very unlikely.

Speaking of goalies, Oilers are apparently making a hard push to get one. Cant wait to see how they fuck it up :)
My guess? They'll give up too much for a mediocre goalie. Probably Korppisalo.

My guess? They'll give up too much for a mediocre goalie. Probably Korppisalo.
They spoke about this on the 32 thoughts podcast and Korpisalo was among 4 goalies that Oilers might go for you. Think Halak, Fleury and Varlamov were other ones.

They spoke about this on the 32 thoughts podcast and Korpisalo was among 4 goalies that Oilers might go for you. Think Halak, Fleury and Varlamov were other ones.
Honestly, only Fleury and Varly are upgrades, and I don't know if I trust either of them in the playoffs the way the Oilers don't play defense.

Honestly, only Fleury and Varly are upgrades, and I don't know if I trust either of them in the playoffs the way the Oilers don't play defense.
Yeah they should get rid of Holland

FJmYneVVcAIn8t8

I can't imagine another team in any sport going winless since December first and making no changes. Other than being in the running to sign a perpetual fuck up.

Holland must have done a bunch of coke with Oiler higher ups in the 80s.

Oilers doing Oilers things.

How long before McDavid and Drai pull an Eichel?
Allegedly, probably just rumors, McDavid and his agent met with the higher ups and said they'd give them a few years of this current contract to build a proper team. They haven't done it, so I wouldn't be surprised if either of them wanted out.

Last edited:
Allegedly, probably just rumors, McDavid and his agent met with the higher ups and said they'd give them a few years of this current contract to build a proper team. They haven't done it, so I wouldn't be surprised if either of them wanted out.
McDavid to Ducks and Drai to Devils @Deffid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back