• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked NHL 22 - To the Deadline and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably calling it a career anyways. Chicago might be in a tough spot moving him since he only agreed to the trade there if they promised he wouldn't get moved without his consent.

But if he moves, he should have a legit chance of winning... No one should be giving up a 1st and a 4th unless they were a absolute shoo in. Avs apparently tapped out. I don;t think the team improves much beyond Kuemper and Francouz though. I don't think either of them will strap a team on their back but that should should go far in spite of.

Or Bednar can get outcoached by de Boer again so who the f knows

I got banned from hfboards so i decided to join this place. go leafs go
Hfboards is a pile of shit. Its moderated in such a scattershot fashion that you have no idea what might cause warnings from section to section and depending on the mood of the HFboards mods that day.

I got a fucking 3 month ban for getting in an argument defending attitude era wrestling in the wrestling section because some guy was convinced it was "racist" and that the attitude era guys should all be cancelled lol.

This is the post I made
Troll-Stomper-Untitled.jpg

The guy then reported me for denigrating a Sikh Turban as a "mere Hat" and I got 4 warnings in 1 and a 3 month ban for "Ethnic/racial/Gender slurs". He even sent a PM saying "MWAHAHA enjoy your ban. Half of the Mods here are Sikh"

Then, months later, I got a warning for arguing with a guy who claimed we are all assholes for not wanting to help Evander Kane with his Gambling addiction. Apparently calling Evander Kane a piece of garbage for his dozens of infractions isn't progressive because he has an "addiction"

Then i got a warning for complaining in my private profile where only people on my friends list can see about getting banned for defending Attitude era wrestling. Apparently speaking of reasons you got infractions there is considered "Disclosing private information" even if it is about yourself.

Then i got a warning for saying "Why should Joe Rogan care what a crazy internet mob thinks" in the Joe Rogan Spotify thread. Apparently, saying "crazy internet mob" is flaming.

Yeah, if you get on the bad side of a mod, they will just watch every post you make and look to tag you on HFboards.

Despite that board being owned by the same owners as Sherdog, its moderated very differently with near no oversight or self policing.

Ovechkin just passed Jagr for 3rd all time in Goals has a legitimate shot to Pass Gretzky if he plays into his 40s next up Gordie Howe .

Ovechkin just passed Jagr for 3rd all time in Goals has a legitimate shot to Pass Gretzky if he plays into his 40s next up Gordie Howe .

He likely will. Ovechkin and mario are better pure goal scorers, marios career was shorter sadly. Ovechkin should smash that record though. The fact he is doing it in an era where defense and goaltending is better is insane. If we could transpose him, mcdavid, crosby, toews etc into then70s/80s/early 90s.... they'd have to be given the kariya treatment to stop them from looking like they play with kids.

He likely will. Ovechkin and mario are better pure goal scorers, marios career was shorter sadly. Ovechkin should smash that record though. The fact he is doing it in an era where defense and goaltending is better is insane. If we could transpose him, mcdavid, crosby, toews etc into then70s/80s/early 90s.... they'd have to be given the kariya treatment to stop them from looking like they play with kids.

Also I think back in the 70s and 80s they were alot mote generous with how they doled out assists.

Also I think back in the 70s and 80s they were alot mote generous with how they doled out assists.
Not really. In fact that they missed a bunch regularly.

The game was just dumb wide open because it was odd man rush after odd man rush every shift and goalies had small pads and played mostly stand up.

It was way easier to snipe from 30 feet out back then and even perimeter shots were dangerous regularly. Which is why defensemen usually had to play the man harder than even in the mid to late 90s. Nick lidstrom for example, had a style that absolutely sucked in the early 90s. In the 70s and 80s to early 90s with those small pads and most goalies playing standup and reflexes, lidstrom's style was bad defensively. As pads got bigger and goalies started basing their style on economically covering more of the net, angling and a softer defensive style became more predominant.

Edit, Just for example

Lidstrom did nothing wrong here. The goalie SHOULD have covered that in the late 90's, early 2000's era. But he didn't attack the puck carrier. In the 80's, that's a goal like every time and Lidstrom would get yelled at by the coach because goalies just could not cover as much of the net and defensemen were expected to attack to force the issue. And the correct move was to aggressively attack the puck carrier, ala Rod Langway/Scott Stevens/Ray Bourque style to transition the puck. Its just a different game now and a soft bend don't break defenseman style is more feasible. And has been since the Florida Panthers went to the finals beating Lemieux's Penguins with a starless squad playing the trap in 96. like EVERY team started playing defensively immediately after they saw a crap Panthers team do so well with it.....and 100 point players just started disappearing

Last edited:

You mean 99 yelling out "I got the secondary" to the reefs... while sitting on the bench?

Not really. In fact that they missed a bunch regularly.

The game was just dumb wide open because it was odd man rush after odd man rush every shift and goalies had small pads and played mostly stand up.

It was way easier to snipe from 30 feet out back then and even perimeter shots were dangerous regularly. Which is why defensemen usually had to play the man harder than even in the mid to late 90s. Nick lidstrom for example, had a style that absolutely sucked in the early 90s. In the 70s and 80s to early 90s with those small pads and most goalies playing standup and reflexes, lidstrom's style was bad defensively. As pads got bigger and goalies started basing their style on economically covering more of the net, angling and a softer defensive style became more predominant.

Edit, Just for example

Lidstrom did nothing wrong here. The goalie SHOULD have covered that in the late 90's, early 2000's era. But he didn't attack the puck carrier. In the 80's, that's a goal like every time and Lidstrom would get yelled at by the coach because goalies just could not cover as much of the net and defensemen were expected to attack to force the issue. And the correct move was to aggressively attack the puck carrier, ala Rod Langway/Scott Stevens/Ray Bourque style to transition the puck. Its just a different game now and a soft bend don't break defenseman style is more feasible. And has been since the Florida Panthers went to the finals beating Lemieux's Penguins with a starless squad playing the trap in 96. like EVERY team started playing defensively immediately after they saw a crap Panthers team do so well with it.....and 100 point players just started disappearing

All of these a facts.

I have no idea how they keep doing it, but I'm not complaining.
Crosby is one of the greatest of all time. His skating, possession and elusive edgework down low is probably the greatest of that style in History. He doesn't get lumped in with the speedsters as a "great skater" like Orr, McDavid, Bure types. Its a different animal altogether.

Bobby Orr used to be the bar. Nobody could pass in skating. Sure some were slightly faster, but until McDavid, the closest we saw was Bure.

Coffey had a smoother glide north south skate than Orr. Laterally or in a phone booth he could not touch Orr.

Bobby wasn't just fast going north-south, he could literally jump 10 feet east-west in the blink of an eye at high speed.
That is the biggest difference between him and the Coffey's and Fedorov's imo.

The only player that really stands out in my mind that had that same kind of east-west change over was Bure but his backward skating was inferior and his top speed lower. And Orr had probably the smallest turning radius I have ever seen, able to change gears and accelerate through openings with astonishing ease.

McDavid is close to Orr, perhaps better I agree. I'd have to see a prime Orr on Modern skates to decide. My god would that be something.
Skates NOW are way better than they were even in 2000. 2000 skates were like the Olympics all star team skates compared to the 70's AHL in terms of skates. The difference in skates now compared to then is equal to the differences in old leather goalie pads that soak up water compared to modern lightweight pads.

McDavid is unmatched for explosiveness, precision, and economy of motion, but when it comes to edges and sudden changes of direction, nobody tops Sid.
Sid has heaps of those highlights where he dominates down low (he's so good at it). "Superstar Grinder", and yeah he demonstrates much better Mohawks consistently. It's a puck protection style facilitated by powerful skating.

I don't think he will be able to keep it up much longer, but its been a hell of a ride. Historically, forwards tend to fall off a cliff at a certain age. A few elite players remain elite past that age and modern surgeries and training helps, but then have a steep fall right around age 36.

I can count on 1 hand how many forwards stayed elite past the age of 36 in the last 3 decades, and it wasn't for long and then one year it was like they drove off a cliff or just became an average 2nd/3rd liner for a few years.

But man, he puts the work in. Crosby lives here in Halifax and puts on a Summer camp every year here. Its invite only, usually for Halifax or Nova Scotia born folks and run by Crosby, Marchand and Mackinnon. Those guys go full tilt hardcore practicing like its game 7 of the playoffs just trying to get better at everything in the middle of summer before their teams camps. Their latest young invitee was a little known 4th round pick named Drake Batherson. Batherson is soaking up their training like a sponge and is currently sitting at over a point per game pace in Ottawa this year lol.

This camp is so hardcore that Taylor Hall, who was invited one year, complained like a bitch about it and left after a few days. "Why are they trying so hard?? its just summer practice jeez"

A 1st, a 4th, and a prospect for Ben Chiarot... crazy.

A 1st, a 4th, and a prospect for Ben Chiarot... crazy.
Hmm, guessing that takes them out of the market for Giroux. Looks like he might be Avalanche bound.

Didn't see that the Habs are retaining 50%. Interesting.

Last edited:
And Hertl resigns long term for the sharks. Which is pleasing.

Hertl, Meier, Eklund is still a nice trio, Couture can still be 2nd line C effectively. Karlsson still has gas in the tank and has played very well this year when healthy. The rest of our D outside Karlsson/Ferraro needs a makeover.

Realistically, they need to buy out vlasic and trade Burns with 2 million retention(lots of team would perk up if Burns only made 6 million) and the situation isn't that bad.

Hmm, guessing that takes them out of the market for Giroux. Looks like he might be Avalanche bound.
Giroux to Panthers is the latest rumour. 3.7m cap space and Giroux makes, 8.25m.
Would Flyers be okay with retaining 50% of the salary?

Crosby is one of the greatest of all time. His skating, possession and elusive edgework down low is probably the greatest of that style in History. He doesn't get lumped in with the speedsters as a "great skater" like Orr, McDavid, Bure types. Its a different animal altogether.

Bobby Orr used to be the bar. Nobody could pass in skating. Sure some were slightly faster, but until McDavid, the closest we saw was Bure.

Coffey had a smoother glide north south skate than Orr. Laterally or in a phone booth he could not touch Orr.

Bobby wasn't just fast going north-south, he could literally jump 10 feet east-west in the blink of an eye at high speed.

The only player that really stands out in my mind that had that same kind of east-west change over was Bure but his backward skating was inferior and his top speed lower. And Orr had probably the smallest turning radius I have ever seen, able to change gears and accelerate through openings with astonishing ease.

McDavid is close to Orr, perhaps better I agree. I'd have to see a prime Orr on Modern skates to decide. My god would that be something.
Skates NOW are way better than they were even in 2000. 2000 skates were like the Olympics all star team skates compared to the 70's AHL in terms of skates. The difference in skates now compared to then is equal to the differences in old leather goalie pads that soak up water compared to modern lightweight pads.

McDavid is unmatched for explosiveness, precision, and economy of motion, but when it comes to edges and sudden changes of direction, nobody tops Sid.
Sid has heaps of those highlights where he dominates down low (he's so good at it). "Superstar Grinder", and yeah he demonstrates much better Mohawks consistently. It's a puck protection style facilitated by powerful skating.

I don't think he will be able to keep it up much longer, but its been a hell of a ride. Historically, forwards tend to fall off a cliff at a certain age. A few elite players remain elite past that age and modern surgeries and training helps, but then have a steep fall right around age 36.

I can count on 1 hand how many forwards stayed elite past the age of 36 in the last 3 decades, and it wasn't for long and then one year it was like they drove off a cliff or just became an average 2nd/3rd liner for a few years.

But man, he puts the work in. Crosby lives here in Halifax and puts on a Summer camp every year here. Its invite only, usually for Halifax or Nova Scotia born folks and run by Crosby, Marchand and Mackinnon. Those guys go full tilt hardcore practicing like its game 7 of the playoffs just trying to get better at everything in the middle of summer before their teams camps. Their latest young invitee was a little known 4th round pick named Drake Batherson. Batherson is soaking up their training like a sponge and is currently sitting at over a point per game pace in Ottawa this year lol.

This camp is so hardcore that Taylor Hall, who was invited one year, complained like a bitch about it and left after a few days. "Why are they trying so hard?? its just summer practice jeez"

Taylor hall has always been a whiner like that.
He got a minor cut that needed stitches when he was in the minors and my buddy was the assistant athletic therapist and said he nearly cried the entire time, then bitched the entire game after about it. Probably why he never lived up to his potential; he cut from that bitch cloth (menstrual pads).

Taylor hall has always been a whiner like that.
He got a minor cut that needed stitches when he was in the minors and my buddy was the assistant athletic therapist and said he nearly cried the entire time, then bitched the entire game after about it. Probably why he never lived up to his potential; he cut from that bitch cloth (menstrual pads).
His laziness and unwillingness to practice hard is legendary at this point. He was considered a locker room cancer in multiple places because he liked to mock guys who tried to practice hard and encouraged a lazy culture.

He just tries to coast on his natural talent. He only puts in effort after a trade to show people why they should sign him and then goes back to being lazy after he gets it.

He's like the textbook bad employee who just says "whatever" when the job isn't completed on time.

That speaks volumes about Taylor Hall.....

IMO, of the skating the edgework of Crosby is the only part that is exceptional compared to others. It's just insane what he can do and the angles and space he creates with the edgework. The other thing I feel he doesn't get enough credit for his his strength on the puck. He's so hard to push off the puck and that coupled with the edgework helps him create that little bit of additional space for him to do his thing.

Didn't see that the Habs are retaining 50%. Interesting.

Not sure what the Avs can give up tbh. Sakic has engineered a few fleecings though

And Hertl resigns long term for the sharks. Which is pleasing.

Hertl, Meier, Eklund is still a nice trio, Couture can still be 2nd line C effectively. Karlsson still has gas in the tank and has played very well this year when healthy. The rest of our D outside Karlsson/Ferraro needs a makeover.

Realistically, they need to buy out vlasic and trade Burns with 2 million retention(lots of team would perk up if Burns only made 6 million) and the situation isn't that bad.
Team is fucked in limbo, I love Hertl but they should have traded him. No one is taking on those huge old contracts. Doomed to be good enough to miss the top picks but bad enough they are never contenders. Been terrible for 3 years but the front office refuses to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back