NHL 2019-2020 Season Discussion: Anybody's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruins looked slightly better than the blues last night but that’s been the blues all playoffs. Look mediocre or like shit one game & then look great the next game.

Last night the Bruins might have had more shots on goal, but the Blues had a lot of high quality scoring chances which kinda evens things out. I thought both Binnington & Rask played great. Last night was just the Blues night & it had that feel all game.
That's the thing though, even though the Blues played very well and the Bruins couldn't seem to find good opportunities, the game was decided by a non-call.

That's the thing though, even though the Blues played very well and the Bruins couldn't seem to find good opportunities, the game was decided by a non-call.
That’s hockey it goes both ways. And the NHL will do something to make it even. They’re going to suspend Barbashev for a hit

Bruins looked slightly better than the blues last night but that’s been the blues all playoffs. Look mediocre or like shit one game & then look great the next game.

Last night the Bruins might have had more shots on goal, but the Blues had a lot of high quality scoring chances which kinda evens things out. I thought both Binnington & Rask played great. Last night was just the Blues night & it had that feel all game.
lol you're absurd; they got off HALF the shots, and that includes one that went in on a bullshit call and you know it.
Yeah that puck that almost went over the line for the Bruins in the 3rd or the multiple crossbar saves really show that the blues were the team with the quality opportunities :rolleyes:

I mean I don't know what else to say other than this game was a complete screwjob and the incorrect team won.
A fake goal off what should have been a Boston powerplay

And now I get to endure NBC milking that stupid cancer kid like a piece of dairy as they talk about how amazing St Louis is for at least a few days, and probably months thereafter since it's a homegame to close it out.
Only you would complain about a cancer kid.

Only you would complain about a cancer kid.
I've got nothing against the kid; I have a longstanding hatred of sports companies rerunning the same shtick over and over using these kids as props for ratings as they die from a terrible disease.
As someone who has worked in entertainment I know firsthand how absurdly taxing and overwhelming media coverage can be and these leagues never just want to let the sick kids enjoy themselves at the games quietly. Not to say the kids don't enjoy what they've been given, but it's contrived and exploitative.

Last edited:
LOL

- Boston is cancer.
- This fuckhead cheers for a team that has Brad Marchand on it and he's upset about slew foots?

lol I figured NHL fans would have Dave’s shtick pegged by now. What with like half the league being Barstool fans and the success of Spittin Chiclets and whatnot.

FullSizeRender-1024x898.jpeg

lol I figured NHL fans would have Dave’s shtick pegged by now. What with like half the league being Barstool fans and the success of Spittin Chiclets and whatnot.

FullSizeRender-1024x898.jpeg

Because it happened to a Boston fan, I'm ok with it.

They want the team with the cancer kid mascot to win because it's ratings gold and I'm saying it;s likely the Blues win now, not that the Networks fixed it. If the Bruins paraded around a dying child too I'd say the same for them.
It's this season's version of Purdue football boy.

Lmao nobody gives a shit about some cancer kid or any team in the Midwest. This is the first time I’ve even heard about some kid with cancer. What a ridiculous theory lol.

The only thing that blows my mind about the cancer girl is how she’s maintained weight throughout her therapy/treatments. Truly a testament to her resiliency, which I guess the blues feed off of.

Lmao nobody gives a shit about some cancer kid or any team in the Midwest. This is the first time I’ve even heard about some kid with cancer. What a ridiculous theory lol.
Really? It was the featured story on ESPN and also in the NBC Sports app I use to watch the gamed.
Plus a shitload of other places
Example:

Blues killed the Bruins in the faceoff circle too. I wish I could find a time of possession statistic.

lol you're absurd; they got off HALF the shots, and that includes one that went in on a bullshit call and you know it.
Yeah that puck that almost went over the line for the Bruins in the 3rd or the multiple crossbar saves really show that the blues were the team with the quality opportunities :rolleyes:
Half the shots on goal but the bruins fans were the ones shitting their pants with this all of the scoring opportunities the blues had. And if what’s his name wasn’t crying like a pussy on the ice instead of helping his team, the blues probably wouldn’t have gotten that goal. You’re just mad because you know the Bruins stand zero chance playing against the blues 5 on 5. They can only win with power plays & their power play was shit last night anyway.

Watching salty Bruins fans calling St Louis dirty and complaining about the refs is so satisfying. I hope St Louis wins the series with a goal as controversial as Brett Hull's goal in 99.

Bruins got hosed on calls but the fact of the matter is that they're the better team and should be playing as such

Also if you're sick of high hits, go elbow Schenn or Tarasanko in the chops. Shit won't change until there's retaliation. For a few minutes go be the team the rest of the country thinks you are

Series has been infuriating so far

Bruins got hosed on calls but the fact of the matter is that they're the better team and should be playing as such

Also if you're sick of high hits, go elbow Schenn or Tarasanko in the chops. Shit won't change until there's retaliation. For a few minutes go be the team the rest of the country thinks you are

Series has been infuriating so far
They need to play the way they did against Vancouver post-Horton hit where Thomas was slashing motherfuckers near the crease and blasting Sedin sisters and shit.

Or just shoot the fucking puck instead of trying to make hail mary passes

Half the shots on goal but the bruins fans were the ones shitting their pants with this all of the scoring opportunities the blues had. And if what’s his name wasn’t crying like a pussy on the ice instead of helping his team, the blues probably wouldn’t have gotten that goal. You’re just mad because you know the Bruins stand zero chance playing against the blues 5 on 5. They can only win with power plays & their power play was shit last night anyway.
lol what are you talking about dude?
Guy literally left the game after that hit for the locker room.
Even the STL player stopped playing, let alone the dude who just got dumped on his head from behind.
What a complete mental midget you must be to claim a team scoring on powerplays because the other team committed penalties proves that they can't play 5 on 5, then literally get scored on when the other team commits a penalty. It's about as retarded as claiming a team in basketball is worse than the other team because they shoot a lot of free throws.

but hey, I'm talking to a guy with a Blues av and a 2019 join date, so I shouldn't expect much in the way of critical analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back