NHL 2019-2020 Season Discussion: Anybody's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

A class act on and off the ice. Really stinks how his time in New York has ended with a year left on his contract. Shesty and Georgiev are ready to take over but it I still would've liked to have seen Lundqvist finish his career with the team he was so loyal to. I'd like to think he has a future spot up in the rafters at MSG and in the Hall of Fame. Curious to see where he ends up and in what role.

What are the chances they actually play 82 games next season?

How could they? Have teams play twice against each other ("home" and "away" game) in a bubble.

How could they? Have teams play twice against each other ("home" and "away" game) in a bubble.
I thought they weren't doing a bubble next season. Bettman seems pretty insistent that they're playing 82. They said they may even have fans at games in some cities

I thought they weren't doing a bubble next season. Bettman seems pretty insistent that they're playing 82. They said they may even have fans at games in some cities
Money talks i guess. But if they start season in December (i think that is the plan), will take long time before NHL can get back to normal schedule.

Money talks i guess. But if they start season in December (i think that is the plan), will take long time before NHL can get back to normal schedule.
McDavid will have a 125 point season next year dammit!

McDavid will have a 125 point season next year dammit!
Might aswell bet on Rangers winning the Cup next season with being the captain (how the year has gone so far and right now look like the madness will stop)

Slim but I hope I'm wrong. 60 games would allow 1 home/away but it'd be tough trying to get such a schedule without throwing things off in '21-22. I'd rather see more intra division/conference play, it might help bring back the rivalries of yesteryear while at the same time keeping travel costs and any risk of Covid to a minimum.
How feasible and practical it would be I have no idea, owners might not go for it but maybe the fans and sponsors will.

I highly doubt there's a bubble next year. Reports are that the NHL bubble cost between $80-95 million and the NBA one cost around $170 million. The NHL is probably more dependent on live gates than the other big sports, their TV deal isn't anywhere near as good.

I highly doubt there's a bubble next year. Reports are that the NHL bubble cost between $80-95 million and the NBA one cost around $170 million. The NHL is probably more dependent on live gates than the other big sports, their TV deal isn't anywhere near as good.
Yeah but not sure how else they could have a normal 82 game schedule that Bettman is working on. Even without the virus it would be hard, atlest if they also want to start the 21-22 season in October.

Fucking hell McDavid has covid.

This time it's personal.

img_7935.gif

Any bold predictions on the draft tonight
I’ll start , the leafs will somehow fuck up royal

I don't know if it's mentioned already but Connor McDavid has Covid.

Get on with it New York you've had months to know who you're picking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back