Ngannou vs Joshua clearly surpasses the UFC 300 card for anticipation

I will say Ngannou/Joshua is bigger than any 1 fight on UFC 300, but that is boxing now. 1 big fight and a bunch of boxers getting peanuts underneath. It's funny too because boxing is the closest sport to UFC in design and people turn a blind eye what payouts would be in reality. Their main events take all the cash in the event, so 2 boxers get paid good while everyone else st

That’s not the case at all on this card. Parker vs zhang is a great fight, and ball vs Vargas is the best fight on the card by a fuckin mile. It has the makings of being one of the fights of the year. Even chamberlain vs gwynne should be good

This isn’t a normal boxing event where they have to stretch the ppv money. I’m fact the Saudis probably dont really care what numbers it does

Glad to see people callin out the Parker/Zhang fight. that ones gonna be really interesting.

In this case, the Zhang-Parker fight is a huge co-main and is also itself arguably bigger and more exciting than the UFC 300 main event.

Lol so in the OP you're talking about how 300 shows the UFCs lack of starpower, now you're describing a fight like Zhang/Parker as "huge".

If you find that fight bigger and more exciting than a world title fight involving Poatan (or for that matter Gaethje/Max or Charles/Tsarukyan) then your interest in MMA and boxing in general is clearly not equal at this point in time, nothing wrong with that, it is what it is.

The fight was booked but it seems furys team weren’t honest about signing their 3rd fight with wilder. I’m fairly sure they already knew the fight couldn’t happen next

And recently he’s been boasting about how he’ll never fight Joshua. Joshua can’t fight someone who refuses to get in the ring with him. Usyks been having the same problem for well over a year now

I blame Fury much more but regardless of whos fault it is the fact remains we are in 2024 and have still not seen the two biggest fights (by FAR too) that were available in this HW era. These are fights that should have happened in 2018/19. Fury/Usyk has now also been dragged out for years. Meanwhile we've got Fury and AJ fighting MMA fighters, Otto Wallin, Robert Helenius, rematching Chisora for the 3rd time etc etc. Joshua and Wilder fighting ON THE SAME CARD but not against each other was a good laugh too. The fact we're apparently hyping up 40 year old Zhang vs boring Joe Parker as some big HW clash shows how low the bar is.

OP is on drugs. Aint no one more excited for Franky boxing than UFC 300.

That’s not the case at all on this card. Parker vs zhang is a great fight, and ball vs Vargas is the best fight on the card by a fuckin mile. It has the makings of being one of the fights of the year. Even chamberlain vs gwynne should be good

This isn’t a normal boxing event where they have to stretch the ppv money. I’m fact the Saudis probably dont really care what numbers it does
Didn't know parker/zhang was on it. Not bad. I should know more of the other matchups but I don't. Thanks for the info.

I blame Fury much more but regardless of whos fault it is the fact remains we are in 2024 and have still not seen the two biggest fights (by FAR too) that were available in this HW era. These are fights that should have happened in 2018/19. Fury/Usyk has now also been dragged out for years. Meanwhile we've got Fury and AJ fighting MMA fighters, Otto Wallin, Robert Helenius, rematching Chisora for the 3rd time etc etc. Joshua and Wilder fighting ON THE SAME CARD but not against each other was a good laugh too. The fact we're apparently hyping up 40 year old Zhang vs boring Joe Parker as some big HW clash shows how low the bar is.

Ufc fighters can’t fight anyone outside of their organisation. Fedor couldn’t fight many of the top HWs. What’s the difference

What about Ball vs Vargas? That’s the best fight on the card and it’s for the wbc title!
And zhang/Parker are both current top 5 ranked HWs in most of the organisations. Most boxing fans are excited about this fight. You have a point on most boxing cards but not this one. This actually does have at least 2-3 other really good fights

Didn't know parker/zhang was on it. Not bad. I should know more of the other matchups but I don't. Thanks for the info.

Ball vs Vargas is a great fight. Neither guys gonna take a back step on n this one

Ufc fighters can’t fight anyone outside of their organisation. Fedor couldn’t fight many of the top HWs. What’s the difference

The difference is the UFC has the vast majority of its sports best fighters and biggest stars on the roster. Are you really saying its the norm in MMA for top guys in a division to spend years fighting opponents who often arent top 10 level or even from the same sport instead of each other? thats whats just happened with AJ vs Franklin/Helenius/Wallin/Ngannou and Fury vs Whyte/Chisora 3/Ngannou. Meanwhile in MMA Jon Jones gets crucified for coming back from 3 years of inactivity and moving up a weight class to fight Gane. And Khamzat who has barely had a dozen pro fights with wins over Usman, Burns, Leech and Holland gets called overhyped and unproven. Different standards.

What about Ball vs Vargas? That’s the best fight on the card and it’s for the wbc title!
And zhang/Parker are both current top 5 ranked HWs in most of the organisations. Most boxing fans are excited about this fight. You have a point on most boxing cards but not this one. This actually does have at least 2-3 other really good fights

Ball/Vargas is a good fight but if we are gonna say 300 is a card for the hardcore audience? that fight makes two thirds of 300 look like Conor/Khabib.

Zhang/Parker is a 7/10 fight. Its a solid fight but its certainly not "huge" or even "big" really. If Zhang wins its unlikely any of the big names are gonna touch him anyway. If Parker wins? its a fairly uninteresting guy who has already been fighting at world title level 8 years ago and has had plenty of high profile fights (with mixed results) getting another go around.

If we are gonna call that card "good" then its very much relative to the state of the typical boxing card. By MMA standards outside of AJ/Ngannou you could see a card like that at the Apex and not think it was anything special. Its miles off 300, or 299 or even 298.

Lol give me a break

What wrestling skill are we going to see in Hill vs Poatan

It's going to be a kickboxing match with small gloves and nothing about it will demonstrate superior skill, craftsmanship, excitement or athleticism than Ng vs AJ.

UFC geeks would rather watch women's MMA at the Apex than a high level boxing match.

🥴🤡
A high level boxing match? You mean with one guy that has one professional boxing match? What a clown.

1708704428507.gif

Of course it's a good fight but if I had to watch just one would go with 300.

Fax. It woulda been interesting anyway but Ngannou's performance v Fury has made it more so.

Personally, I think he's gon shock Joshua & the world, and knock Joshua out.

Joshua is mentally fragile... / Ngannou is mentally fucking, STEEL
Joshua is chinny asf... / Ngannou is fkn... STEEL. Fury couldn't hurt him ONCE. Not even close.

He only has to catch Joshua once. Upset incoming.

But yeah 300 main sucks. And lol, OP... WMMA?, anyway... Gaycheese v Max is the best fight. Max gon get fucked up no cap.

Back