Ngannou should use kicks

Q. who gives a shit that he's 1-dimensional and refuses to change?
A. His future OPPONENTS should give a shit as its much easier to implement a game-plan for victory against a 1-trick pony who refuses to change.

There's your answer. Bro.

Why don't people just stop Khabib's takedowns and knock him out on the feet? Why didn't Conor just stuff Khabib's takedown and KO him with a left hand? Everyone has a plan, but at the highest levels, it doesn't always work out the way you plan it to. If the one dimension you're good at is so overwhelmingly good that no body can handle it, why change?

Ngannou has very good TDD. You can't just double leg him at the start of the fight and expect to take him down. And if the fight stays on the feet, it's almost a guarantee Ngannou will eventually get a finish.

You didn’t see that Stipe was following his coach’s game plan to a tee. Stipe had many opportunities to end it but stuck to the game plan. He was there to win, not make a highlight reel. Re-watch the fight if you’re so inclined and see Stipe following the plan like a robot.

I've seen the fight a few times already. Stipe was fighting smart and didn't want to take any risk. Sure it got him the win, but It was nothing impressive. It was an experience Ngannou had to have in order to understand that he needs to take things seriously.

6lu8z3jxo0u01.jpg
That's shin bud.

I've seen the fight a few times already. Stipe was fighting smart and didn't want to take any risk. Sure it got him the win, but It was nothing impressive. It was an experience Ngannou had to have in order to understand that he needs to take things seriously.
50-44 vs the dude knocking EVERYONE out? Beating him everywhere. I guess it’s tough to impress you.

did you watch the jds fight?

he took a few leg kicks and wanted none of them

I believe that's why he went for broke with that crazy haymaker - he knew he couldn't take much more of those

4e2fd3d338285bd1c6718c9664bfa6bd5db7d29e.gif

He is the Deontay Wilder of the UFC. Stipe is like Fury. The power won't do him any good if he can't hit Stipe with it. Just like the JDS vs Carwin fight.

He is a very crisp counter puncher with godly power.
But have you seen the size of his feet ?
2c9b0ad12bc148bfa6ee27885765b588_crop_exact.jpg

it must very suck getting leg kicked by that.
If you rewatch closely the fight versus JDS, he landed 4 vicious leg kick in like 1mn30 of fight ,and I believe it's why jds became sloppy with the overhand.

If he can learn how to mix it up he can do real damage and set up a high kick , he tried a high kick against Stipe but it was with no set up.

Ngannou bless
1582672538-screenshot-20200226-001507.jpg

<34>so um... how long have u been noticing the size of his feet?

Man is too obstinate and lazy to train anything other than hitting pads held by his trainer.

Homeboy is too dumb to learn anything else. He is a UFC fighter and the retarded kid that fought Diego had a better ground game. Might as well call him Frank "Ronda Rousey" Unganoo.

And if the fight stays on the feet, it's almost a guarantee Ngannou will eventually get a finish.
This is true.
But I would add: If the fight stays on the feet, and Ngannou hasn't slowed down to super-slow-mo mode (moving aroud 0.25x real-time speed), it's almost a guarantee Ngannou will eventuially get a finish.

The key point is that Ngannou's energy and speed diminishes to almost zero after 1 or 2 rounds. Now.....YES if you stand right in front of him and let him slug you, OF COURSE you're gonna get knocked down by any 6'4" 270lbs dude.

The point here is ...Ngannou has only 1 or 2 rounds speed and power. And that's GREAT. If he can finish the fight in that time-frame. Which he DOES most of the time. WONDERFUL. But when you reach the upper echelons of MMA fighting, opponents can see what you do and the smarter ones can beat you via a good game-plan. Most UFC heavyweights aren't game-planning enough and STICKING TO IT. Cain Velasquex dismally failed to game-plan. Curtis Blaydes tried but again didn't try hard enough (not helped by Herb 'UFC' Dean).

Francis will, in time, find that out.

He just hasn't yet.

And....YES...it's down to his opponents to educate him. Many have so far let their egos take too much control.

Toe-bungers were feared in soccer. The power generated was scary, especially by the fat kids. Could be utilised imo.

”Look at his feet”

Except you absolutely never want to kick with your feet.

I don’t agree that he is a crisp counter puncher. A bit reckless in his counters but he has so much power that not many would want to trade in the pocket
Thats wrong dude. Some of the best calf and thigh kicks are with your feet. Also you basically always land a headkick with your feet.

Using feet to throw leg kick doesn't feel very good it get swollen real fast and there a risk to break it

Back