• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ngannou is showing this guys how to make business

He’s not free to go elsewhere.
He can go wherever after he's out of contract lol. He would be a free agent. UFC wouldn't want to try to strong arm contracts with an anti-trust lawsuit going on. This is why they changed their contract structures to a set time frame in their more recent contracts instead of number of fights.

Francis gonna become one of those athletes who ends up broke ten years later because some sleezy manager scammed him out of millions
Frannie is already broke and is taking out loans to pay for his training camp because he spent his paycheck on cars and watches

Penn left the UFC as champ when he beat Hughes. Then they put the clause in. So for Ngannou he could get the most money if he loses this fight, even throws it, to get paid more elsewhere, like in showboxing. But it would be a huge waste of his talents. He could go down as one of the greats, if he stays.

I mean he's brave as hell to try and do it at the peak of his career knowing that the UFC can ruin him and he hasn't even made much money yet.

It's going to be interesting because Francis said he wants an expiration date on his contract but we all know that's next to impossible. The championship clause is the pillar of UFC slavery so they will hold on to it till the end. Is Francis just trying to leverage more pay? Because that's the only thing he can possibly get from this

Fedor would not accept UFC's deal, and Fedor was universally recognized as #1. And he beat all the best Heavyweights of his time.

And we gotta read ppl on here saying he ducked the UFC cuz he was scared.

I'd imagine despite Francis being Champ, and even beating Gane, as time goes by ppl will say he ducked Jones and a rematch with Black Beast and blah blah blah.
Wrong, fedor wasnt #1, Brock was at that time.

The only way you gonna do good money in the ufc is if they need you, not the contrary. Him opting to not renew his contract is a brilliant move, imagine if he wins this match againt gane and after the other fight he has to take bacause of his contract he goes away. He basically has the ufc by the balls and the premiere mma organization in the world woudn't have the badest man on the planet on their roster, fighters need to learn from this, make shorter term contracts and show the ufc that they need you and not the contrary.
They want the longer contracts because they are afraid they will lose and lose value.

I'm rooting for whatever fighter does something that pisses off the UFC clows.
War Ngannou!!!

If Frank really wants out, he should beat Gane, rematch Lewis.

In the Lewis fight, literally circle around the octagon for 24 minutes and then verbally tap, getting him out of his championship clause, while setting up The UFC to pay way more for Lewis than they want to.

Francis is represented by CAA, whose contract law department very likely dwarfs the UFC's [citation needed]

As someone mentioned above, contracts changed in 2017 due in part to the class action lawsuit [citation needed, I think that was part of it anyway] and the legality of the Champions Clause is tenuous at best, it's just that few (if any) fighters have ever had access to the legal resources available to Francis via CAA.

My take is that when Dana badmouths Francis' representation, like in his recent interview with Okamoto, it's because Dana/the UFC can't threaten them or strogarm them; instead CAA likely respond with "See you in court then" because they fancy their chances of winning, and the UFC probably doesn't fancy its chances. Better to take the L on Francis and move on

The only way you gonna do good money in the ufc is if they need you, not the contrary. Him opting to not renew his contract is a brilliant move, imagine if he wins this match againt gane and after the other fight he has to take bacause of his contract he goes away. He basically has the ufc by the balls and the premiere mma organization in the world woudn't have the badest man on the planet on their roster, fighters need to learn from this, make shorter term contracts and show the ufc that they need you and not the contrary.
This only matters if he fights out his contract and leaves. No one is changing anything inside the UFC. If it's true that Conor only has a couple fights left on his contract he'd be dumb to not fight out his as well.

He can go wherever after he's out of contract lol. He would be a free agent. UFC wouldn't want to try to strong arm contracts with an anti-trust lawsuit going on. This is why they changed their contract structures to a set time frame in their more recent contracts instead of number of fights.
He’s not out of contract though…..

Works in professional wrestling, I'm sure he would get into a lot of trouble if he did that, gotta at least give up his neck
Losing would be his best way out of this situation. Quicker he gets out of the UFC the better off he will probably be.

Wow, you got up on the wrong foot today.

After losing to Lewis he went on a 4 fight killing spree, earned his titleshot, and had to wait for DC and Stipe's never ending trilogy to finish. That's why he didn't fight more.

Also, the interim was complete bullshit. He won the belt in March, and said he was good for september. He denied august, and they created a belt. Meanwhile, Jan fought in september after winning in March. Izzy didnt fight between september and March. Plenty of examples.

I don't get why you're so pissed. Frank must've fucked your wife or something
@TempleoftheDog is a UFC plant. You're wasting your time trying to reason with that shill.

Yup, O'malley does the same thing and it's smart. don't throw yourself to the wolves to "prove yourself" to dana. fight opponents that are worth the value you're being paid. Don't do what alverez did and lose to mcgregor while making the same amount of money you got for winning against RDA.

I’m sick of this “visa issue” excuse. The man said right in the octagon that he was ready to fight Jones for what he thought was “big money” within a cpl of months after he became champion.

But, apparently these “visa issues” only popped up when he was asked to defend against a guy in that guy’s hometown. Who btw actually beat him already.

I’m sorry but you Ngannou apologists make me sick. He’s an inactive duck, and a massive diva.

Check the records, ffs. He isn’t fighting because he doesn’t want to. He’s only looking to get paid, while showing up only once per year.

Active champ, my ass.
Kinda false, he was BEGGING for fights durring the DC/Stipe trilogy shit

Back