• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ngannou is showing this guys how to make business

I believe there's a champion's clause in place if he wins, yes? Hopefully more knowledgeable people than myself will chime in on the details here, but I'm not sure he's off the hook if he wins

Yeah, his best move is to lose a close, controversial decision. He still looks good (maybe) and the UFC has no leverage with the clause, and the contract is completed, or whatever the legal terminology is.

He can’t just vacate the belt. It doesn’t work that way. You can’t just say you’re not champ anymore and it makes it all go away…
Champions clause is tied to being the champion. He can vacate the belt by saying he will not defend it. UFC can wait it out while Ngannou declines and leaves the HW division in a stand still or they can let him vacate. His actual contract obligations are fulfilled and he's only under contract through extensions.

Champions clause is tied to being the champion. He can vacate the belt by saying he will not defend it. UFC can wait it out while Ngannou declines and leaves the HW division in a stand still or they can let him vacate. His actual contract obligations are fulfilled and he's only under contract through extensions.
He’s not free to go elsewhere.

He can always take the fight and just tap out at the start of the fight. It'd be a middle finger to the UFC and at this point only the people that bought the PPV would be pissed.
I have always wondered what would happen if a fighter did that

Francis gonna become one of those athletes who ends up broke ten years later because some sleezy manager scammed him out of millions
Scammed him out of millions of what? They’ve already fucked him by advising him to sit out instead of fighting. Or was he just too scared of losing his ranking with another loss? The guy, imo has the intelligence of a guppy, while having the ego of a whale.

Active champ, my ass.

I believe there's a champion's clause in place if he wins, yes? Hopefully more knowledgeable people than myself will chime in on the details here, but I'm not sure he's off the hook if he wins
There would be but the champion's clause is one of the more winnable legal battles for a fighter. It's effectively a reserve clause, which the Supreme Court tossed out in baseball several decades ago. The fact that it's unilateral and you don't find similar clauses in other industries suggests most businesses think it's a 13th amendment issue.

Francis still has a fight left on his contract. Until he participates in that last fight there is no leaving the UFC.

If Francis wins his next fight he will owe the promotion an additional fight due to the champions clause.

The only way he hits free agency after his fight with Ciryl Gane is if he loses.

He can always take the fight and just tap out at the start of the fight. It'd be a middle finger to the UFC and at this point only the people that bought the PPV would be pissed.
Works in professional wrestling, I'm sure he would get into a lot of trouble if he did that, gotta at least give up his neck

So how do we feel about Fedor's negotiations with Dana now?

Fedor would not accept UFC's deal, and Fedor was universally recognized as #1. And he beat all the best Heavyweights of his time.

And we gotta read ppl on here saying he ducked the UFC cuz he was scared.

I'd imagine despite Francis being Champ, and even beating Gane, as time goes by ppl will say he ducked Jones and a rematch with Black Beast and blah blah blah.

Fedor wanting co promotion with M1 was ridiculous though

If Francis knocks out everyone in the UFC and then just leaves he’ll be my favorite fighter of all time.

Theres probably a clause in the contract saying you can’t vacate unless you’re retiring or are severely injured or due to legal reasons can’t defend, in which case ufc will just strip you

Ngannou likely has a 3 fight or one year automatic extension when his current deal ends if he is champion.

This has been covered in the class action lawsuit, good Forbes article here.

It is also worth noting the class action revealed despicable tactics the UFC uses to coerce fighters into resigning.

Ngannou himself has gone into some detail how they forced a contract extension on him by sending a bout agreement for which he could not get a visa in time, and announcing the interim belt apropos of nothing to pressure him.

He is right to fight out his contract and he's absolutely right to shine a light on the slimy stuff the UFC does to abuse and exploit fighters.
Apparently his contract might not be as restrictive as previous contracts.

He can’t just vacate the belt to get out of his contractual obligations.

so he get punish just for be best omg a good lawyer will fix that UFC losing it power watch

Theres probably a clause in the contract saying you can’t vacate unless you’re retiring or are severely injured or due to legal reasons can’t defend, in which case ufc will just strip you
We'll see what happens. All talks from Dana is that he understands that Ngannou might not renew his contract and he's on his way out from UFC. You don't make statements like that if you are able to contractually keep holding him in UFC.

Yeah, his best move is to lose a close, controversial decision. He still looks good (maybe) and the UFC has no leverage with the clause, and the contract is completed, or whatever the legal terminology is.

beats shit out of game but lands KO punch behind head DQ lolllll or 12-6 his brains out like Jone hahahaha OMG imagine Francis elbow u think punch hard OMFGGG his skull could cave in

Back