Ngannou and Wilder are the living proofs that fighting isn't that much about technique!

When you listen to some coaches, you get the impression that getting to black belt level in something (whether it's bjj, boxing, mt or whatever) is the same as becoming a PHD in something, you are now SO technical, you have SO much knowlege...
Then guys like Ngannou or Wilder with freakish power come in and proove that, while technique is certainly important, what matters A FUCKING LOT in fighting (especially striking) is aggressivity and power. Ngannou is the Fucking N1 contender in the HW division and has a 1st stripe white belt level on the ground (we saw it in the fight against Stipe, dude was literally laying down flat on his back doing Nothing) and is a swinging windmill on the feet.
Wilder became an Olympic medallist within 1.5 years of training...

roastbeef

Last edited:
Thank you, I didn't know that there isn't any belt in boxing and muay thai.
In bjj it applies for sure, it is actually the martial art where it matters most. But still raw strength plays a big role.
I never said that it didn't matter at all, it matters for sure, but strength and raw power matter way more than many say, and guys like Ngannou proove it.

It matters especially in the bigger weight classes.
In the smaller weight classes, it doesn't matter as much as cardio, technique, fight IQ, timing, being well rounded.
Even in the bigger classes, we have Adesanya as a champ, Jones as champ.
There aren't weak guys, but Adesanya is not Romero and Jones is not Rumble.
Santos had a very competitive fight vs Jones by fighting smart, not by wild haymakers, like he used to throw before Jones.

I really can't tell what matters more. It depends on your opponent and other factors.
Clearly it's important, this is why most fighter are doing conditioning workouts and lift things.

Wilder and Ngannou got beat up by Fury and Miocic.

Two dudes with more technical ability.
<TheWire1>

Fury beat up Wilder? He should of barely won on points but he hardly even scratched Wilder in terms of damage. Wilder on the other hand hit n dropped him with a bomb that kos virtually anyone else.

<TheWire1>

Fury beat up Wilder? He should of barely won on points but he hardly even scratched Wilder in terms of damage. Wilder on the other hand hit n dropped him with a bomb that kos virtually anyone else.
He absolutely outboxed him.

Wilder getting a draw that night was a gift.

Wilder has stupid punching power and may win the rematch but Fury definitely should of gotten the W that night.

Most people think Fury won even with the knock downs scored against him.

He absolutely outboxed him.

Wilder getting a draw that night was a gift.

Wilder has stupid punching power and may win the rematch but Fury definitely should of gotten the W that night.

Most people think Fury won even with the knock downs scored against him.
I had Fury winning as well but he did no damage. Wilder hits him once clean n I still got no idea how he got u . N that wasnt even his full power as it was the 12th rd. If Wilder hit a ufc HW with that shot with 4oz gloves he might kill a person.

They are proof that the best technique isn't one cookie cutter way of doing things. It is playing to your physical gifts and strengths.

I had Fury winning as well but he did no damage. Wilder hits him once clean n I still got no idea how he got u . N that wasnt even his full power as it was the 12th rd. If Wilder hit a ufc HW with that shot with 4oz gloves he might kill a person.

he was small as fuck vs fury .. 212 lbs weigh in & 208 lbs fight night.

Fury wont survive this time.

The way he KOd Oritz (a guy with super defense) is something special ...

I mean Wilder in MMA would be great but outside those two downs Wilder did nothing. You can't win fight based on 2 punches landed that didn't knock someone out. Fury took very little damage as well and even stunned Deontay a few times, once after being downed.

You don't seem biased at all.

Wilder is black, big, athletic as fuck and a good looking guy ... whole package

tenor.gif

When you listen to some coaches, you get the impression that getting to black belt level in something (whether it's bjj, boxing, mt or whatever) is the same as becoming a PHD in something, you are now SO technical, you have SO much knowlege...
Then guys like Ngannou or Wilder with freakish power come in and proove that, while technique is certainly important, what matters A FUCKING LOT in fighting (especially striking) is aggressivity and power. Ngannou is the Fucking N1 contender in the HW division and has a 1st stripe white belt level on the ground (we saw it in the fight against Stipe, dude was literally laying down flat on his back doing Nothing) and is a swinging windmill on the feet.
Yes. And Stipe, though smaller and weaker, destroyed Ngannou with better technique.

Aggressivity huh?

Ngannou got beat up by Stipe? Or boringly laid on by Stipe?

Stop with the revisionist history and go rewatch the fight.
Its obvious that you didn't watch the fight if you think Stipe just "boringly laid on" Ngannou.

Back