• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Discussion v73: Meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Died and went to the sports bar.

Kinda fell off the drinking wagon, work and trying not to be a fat can put a big damper on my beer hobby.

Dude Beer has been fucking me up lately with hangovers.

I thought it was just because when I drink beer for football it's an all day affair.

But Yesterday I drank all day and just kept it to bourbon and woke up fine this morning.

I think I might be retiring from the Craft scene. Still have 8 Heady Toppers I'll have to finish off before I officially hang it up.

One thing I don't miss is drinking. I figured that kicking it would be tough, but oddly it was really easy to give up once I realized it was time.

That whiffed tackle and Tomlin's decision to try the onside kick were historically moronic moves.
The onside kick was based on the defense giving up almost 50 points. So trusting them to prevent one first down seems stupid.

The onside kick was based on the defense giving up almost 50 points. So trusting them to prevent one first down seems stupid.
Bortles hadn't thrown a pick or fumbled the ball away all game. He was absolutely due to Bortle if they kicked it deep.

Mike Tomlin should be fired.. An onside kick with 2:18 on the clock when they have 2 timeouts??? What in the fuck. That is poorest decision making I've witnessed all year.

All they needed was a kickoff and for their defense to step up, they get the ball back by the 2 minute warning lol.

Mike Tomlin should be fired.. An onside kick with 2:18 on the clock when they have 2 timeouts??? What in the fuck. That is poorest decision making I've witnessed all year.

All they needed was a kickoff and for their defense to step up, they get the ball back by the 2 minute warning lol.
A defense that gave up almost 50 doesn’t magically step up. That ship sailed.

The onside kick is inexcusable. 2 TO's and the 2 minute warning. It's highly unlikely the Jags would have done anything but run three times. And if they do throw, incomplete passes just help you save TO's. Bortles had a good fourth quarter, but he was not throwing well most of the game.

Almost equally inexcusable was not immediately kicking the FG when they got in range. Had time to kick it with over 40 seconds left on the clock. Regardless what happens, you have to have a successful onside kick at that point. Instead they had to kick it with 1 second left.

Dude Beer has been fucking me up lately with hangovers.

I thought it was just because when I drink beer for football it's an all day affair.

But Yesterday I drank all day and just kept it to bourbon and woke up fine this morning.

I think I might be retiring from the Craft scene. Still have 8 Heady Toppers I'll have to finish off before I officially hang it up.

Your avatar will be mine.

Case Keenum's QB rating against the pass rush yesterday was like a 7....

The Eagles Front 4 are going to feast next week.

Nick Foles will can it up. Also, I feel like both these guys look like they belong in the McPoyle family.

You have an outdated perception of Bortles.
Two weeks ago, he threw 2 picks against Ten. The week before that (when they were still in the hunt for a first round bye), 3 against SF. It's not that outdated. Even yesterday he was 14-26 for 214 yds. One great pass and then one great catch and run by Yeldon (on a pass that was behind the LOS) the only things making that remotely respectable.

He was not the reason they scored so many points. The Defense scored a TD, gave them the ball in the Red Zone, and stopped the Steelers on 4th down twice for good field position. Plus Fournette had a very good game. Even with all that, Pittsburgh out-gained them by almost 200 yds. If Pittsburgh doesn't make a half dozen incredibly stupid decisions in that game they win walking away.

The perception that Bortles is nothing to fear is not an outdated concept.

Nick Foles will can it up. Also, I feel like both these guys look like they belong in the McPoyle family.

giphy.webp

Last edited:

Foles is going to do everything humanly possible to lose. If I'm lucky he will get injured on the first drive

Two weeks ago, he threw 2 picks against Ten. The week before that (when they were still in the hunt for a first round bye), 3 against SF. It's not that outdated. Even yesterday he was 14-26 for 214 yds. One great pass and then one great catch and run by Yeldon (on a pass that was behind the LOS) the only things making that remotely respectable.

He was not the reason they scored so many points. The Defense scored a TD, gave them the ball in the Red Zone, and stopped the Steelers on 4th down twice for good field position. Plus Fournette had a very good game. Even with all that, Pittsburgh out-gained them by almost 200 yds. If Pittsburgh doesn't make a half dozen incredibly stupid decisions in that game they win walking away.

The perception that Bortles is nothing to fear is not an outdated concept.
The one thing giving me hope that game was that Bortles had to Bortle eventually. He didn't go full-Bortles but he certainly half-Bortled. Given the way teams fuck themselves against the Pats, I'd say we're in for an epic Bortling.

The onside kick is inexcusable. 2 TO's and the 2 minute warning. It's highly unlikely the Jags would have done anything but run three times. And if they do throw, incomplete passes just help you save TO's. Bortles had a good fourth quarter, but he was not throwing well most of the game.

Almost equally inexcusable was not immediately kicking the FG when they got in range. Had time to kick it with over 40 seconds left on the clock. Regardless what happens, you have to have a successful onside kick at that point. Instead they had to kick it with 1 second left.
Jags hadn't gone 3 and out all game and if they get a first down everyone would have been complaining why he didn't do an on side kick when his defense hadn't stopped them. Steelers coming out flat is a bigger problem. Shows that Tomlin doesn't prepare them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back