Next week's UFC card is one of the worst ever

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/78698-ufc-fight-night

The card we just had had many fights to look forward to even if not the biggest names. Next week's card is a C level Bellator card

Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland main eventing lmaoooo. Decent fight but that's prelim headliner material at best

What's worse is the comain. Sam Alvey who hasn't won a fight since 2018 and is 0-5-1 since is the comain? Against overrated prospect Roman Kopylov

40yo Shamil returning against Daukas.

The only good matchups on this card are Hall Strickland, Kamaka Chavez and maybe Kang Rani if Rani isn't completely shot by now. Barberrna is usually in fun fights but he's fighting a can

Then we got a whole host of D level fighters and OFC some shitty WMMA in the mix <{cruzshake}>
Make a total dogshit thread like this, and fail to mention Anglin/Baghdsaryan, Ronnie Lawrence, and Orion Cosce.

Go away troll.

Don’t judge a card before it happens. The card last night looked underwhelming outside the main event and it was one of the best events this year.

Uriah "I broke Weidman's leg" vs Sean "Some juice head tried to injure my arm grappling" Strickland

Definitely one of the ugliest cards I've ever seen. I hope the fights are fun

How are fighters able to perform if you don’t let them fight? These fight nights are great for prospects to make their name known.

Next weekend is Bellator weekend.

You can put UFC on in the background or catch up in the week, but nobody is watching fights like Buys-De Paula or Alvey-Kopylov over Mamedov-Primus and Pitbull-McKee surely.

UFC didn't even try to match that card

Mamedov is absolutely horrible to watch

to each his own but i prefer a stacked card once a month over the garbage we get every week. There is more then enough B league mma to be seen without this so called premier league showing these prelim level fighters on main cards.

that said i will still watch as these weak cards still have one or two decent matchups worth watching.
Here's a question, would fewer cards mean better cards? One idea is that they would, because better fighters could be concentrated on each card. But unless the UFC were to trim it's roster, they would still be obligated to utilize a lot of lower caliber fighters. But that would be tough given the UFCs obligation to ESPN. Or is there was a way to have better fighters fight more often?

Certainly not a big name or top ranks card. Some decent scraps tho.

I'll tune in and (hope to) make (back) some VCash bets and always some Tap fun.

Also Fury FC is bout ta pop on Fight Pass if folks want some Sunday MMA.

Here's a question, would fewer cards mean better cards? One idea is that they would, because better fighters could be concentrated on each card. But unless the UFC were to trim it's roster, they would still be obligated to utilize a lot of lower caliber fighters. But that would be tough given the UFCs obligation to ESPN. Or is there was a way to have better fighters fight more often?

They can't have less cards, ESPN pays them for content.

They could be more selective about the hiring process for lower level fighters and be more open to hiring more Russian fighters, but other than that there's not a great deal they can do differently.

Certainly not a big name or top ranks card. Some decent scraps tho.

I'll tune in and (hope to) make (back) some VCash bets and always some Tap fun.

Also Fury FC is bout ta pop on Fight Pass if folks want some Sunday MMA.

Think it's on a bit late for me but I think Mowles Vs Ishihara has the potential to be a decent scrap.

Oh and next weekend also has the random XMMA card for those of us who are stuck in 2012.

It has Ben Saunders, Ramsey Nijem, Marcus Brimage, Kyle Bochniak, Justin Scoggins, Will Brooks, Steven Siler, Kenny Robertson and Cody Gibson on it.

Glad to hear your son is ok.

As far as worthwhile fights go, Phillips vs Paiva was wildly entertaining with a bad decision, should have been a draw.

Yanez vs Costa was also great, lopsided first round beatdown and a crazy comeback in the second.

Allen vs Soriano was good too, very impressive performance from Allen, and extremely impressive toughness and heart from Soriano.

Overall is was a good card.

And Maverick vs Barber was one of the worst decisions of all time.
Good cliffs. Allen has been in entertaining scraps, always fun to watch. Think it's more mental fatigue. Summer time is so exhausting busy, it's hard to find 5-6 hours to watch TV.
Am actually looking forward to Hall/Strickland. Always liked Hall, he gets too much hate for being inconsistent. Still a hellova striker and comes to bang.

Every fighter you’ve ever known was, at one point, an unknown fighter. If you just shut the fuck up and watch you might see a few new prospects

Bellator has a significantly better card next weekend then UFC. Sanchez/Burnell, Mamedov/Primus and Gonzalez/Yamauchi should all be interesting dynamics then of course the main event.

Didn't watch any prelims, but the WMMA fight on the main card was another mediocre decision, again, slowing the momentum of what was otherwise an fun card of fights.

Good women's fights are so few and far between.
A fight between two ranked WMMA fighters is always going to be on the main card, not the prelims, it's called promoting the division. Better get used to it.

My son decided to bounce a weed blade off his ankle yesterday at 5. Of course we were looking for a non-ER after hours to stitch him shut. Got home just in time to workout and turn stream on to Buffer introducing TJ. Absolutely nothing missed before that fight, haven't looked up results because they don't matter. Next week is a repeat.
You should at least watch the fights that got bonuses last night: Yanez-Costa, Phillips-Paiva, and Elkins-Minner

Honestly I just take every card as a Good Card. There's almost always a new fighter to see, or 2 or 3 great performances, or something unusual that happens.

I don't need to see well-known names in every UFC card at all, I try to enjoy each one for what it is.
Simple pleasures I guess.

Back