Next week's UFC card is one of the worst ever

Strickland v Hall main event......

The epitome of the state of middle division and speaks on UFC s obligations towards ESPN.

Live gate is on top of us.....THE UFC.
Dana might ( secretly) not mind a regression on pandemic ( to his credit as far as keeping the show going during height of pandemic )

<This7>

<mma1>

<Kobe213>
Please edit ur post before anyone else reads this
60d02ca6-57fb-4b08-86f8-f491c72ba721_text.gif

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/78698-ufc-fight-night

The card we just had had many fights to look forward to even if not the biggest names. Next week's card is a C level Bellator card

Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland main eventing lmaoooo. Decent fight but that's prelim headliner material at best

What's worse is the comain. Sam Alvey who hasn't won a fight since 2018 and is 0-5-1 since is the comain? Against overrated prospect Roman Kopylov

40yo Shamil returning against Daukas.

The only good matchups on this card are Hall Strickland, Kamaka Chavez and maybe Kang Rani if Rani isn't completely shot by now. Barberrna is usually in fun fights but he's fighting a can

Then we got a whole host of D level fighters and OFC some shitty WMMA in the mix <{cruzshake}>

Put some Respek on Smiling Sam! He knocked Sugar Rashad the fawk out!

Yea it's a pretty horrible card for sure. Hopefully it will produce a few good fights. The next week we got PPV action again.

It looks like the UFC is being smarter about not wasting all the great fights on fight nights and are starting to stack some of the PPV cards again

sorry to hear about your son, hope all is well. Last nights card was outstanding aside from the awful judging which is par for course anyway, regardless of the action inside the cage
Thanks sir bro, he's 16 so getting to flirt with cute nurse sewing him up was good trade.
Didn't see any threads raving about KOs or great fights, just a few on bad judging for WMMA fights. main event was solid, enjoyed that one enough to get fight fix for the night.

Sam Alvey really should not be the co-main, the guy hasn't looked good for years and I'm genuinely surprised he's still with the ufc. I was convinced the Ryan Spann fight would be his last. I guess Alvey's too much of a "happy to be here" type who'll say thank you to his guaranteed 50k to show up against up n comers.

Shame they couldn't place Aspen Ladd/Macy Chiason as the co-main as that was gonna be good fight. I'm not even big on wmma but Ladd going all berserker at mount is always entertaining

Sam Alvey really should not be the co-main, the guy hasn't looked good for years and I'm genuinely surprised he's still with the ufc. I was convinced the Ryan Spann fight would be his last. I guess Alvey's too much of a "happy to be here" type who'll say thank you to his guaranteed 50k to show up against up n comers.

Shame they couldn't place Aspen Ladd/Macy Chiason as the co-main as that was gonna be good fight. I'm not even big on wmma but Ladd going all berserker at mount is always entertaining
But he's not co-main, not even third.

Thanks sir bro, he's 16 so getting to flirt with cute nurse sewing him up was good trade.
Didn't see any threads raving about KOs or great fights, just a few on bad judging for WMMA fights. main event was solid, enjoyed that one enough to get fight fix for the night.
Glad to hear your son is ok.

As far as worthwhile fights go, Phillips vs Paiva was wildly entertaining with a bad decision, should have been a draw.

Yanez vs Costa was also great, lopsided first round beatdown and a crazy comeback in the second.

Allen vs Soriano was good too, very impressive performance from Allen, and extremely impressive toughness and heart from Soriano.

Overall is was a good card.

And Maverick vs Barber was one of the worst decisions of all time.

It's the card of the year bro

Alvey vs some dude who lost his debut about to put some butts in da seats!

Sure it’s a bad card, but there is a pretty easy solution,
Just don’t watch them, it’s ok to miss a card. It’s not like you have to see every fight that happens.

I'm looking forward to Shamil vs Chris but what the hell has Shamil done to deserve a #7 ranking?

Some fans need 'star power' to be interested...is normal.

If someone has limits on their time and can only commit to watching some UFC events, then I could see choosing to skip this one...but the rest of us will tune in and wisely reserve judgement until afterwards, because we know that cards that appear weak (or strong) on paper often prove to be otherwise.

Also worth noting that Pitbull vs. McKee is next weekend too...Khabib's cousin Usman is also fighting...and Primus is facing a 19-1-1 newcomer to Bellator.

Fret not, MMA fans...there should be plenty of decent fights next weekend.

It's all good because the card after that one is pretty fucking good.

Gane vs Black beast
Nunes vs Pennes
Aldo vs Munoz
Chiesa vs Luque
YourDong vs Casey Kenny
Karolina...
Herman vs Menifield
Bobby Green vs Fiziev (Dude who TKO/KO'd Moicano)

Hall/Strickland is definitely a main card worthy fight. Not main event, but not a prelim as you suggest.

It’s funny how some people call every card the worst card ever, and then there some people who always defend the worst cards and pretend like they aren’t terrible.

Back