Next for Gomi.

besides Khabib, Jury could be the worst fight for him out of that list. He's long and stays behind his jab, which is Gomi's kryptonite.

Khabib and RDA would just wrestlefawk him easily. Maynard could be a good fight though. Abel is also a good fight, i'd pick Gomi in that one

Fighter finder says he is on a one fight win streak. Either way, he needs some good match making to win in the UFC. I don't see his passion in fighting anymore. He's has great skills but he's not the same as he used to be. I would rather have seen him versus BJ on TUF but since he isn't.. give him Tibau or Trujillo. After that, Maynard or Grant. And if he wins those give him his title shot. Like you said, and i agree, he should be given a fast lane.

I think he should get a top 10 guy and see how it goes

I don't want him to fight Edwards because him and Gomi are amongst my favorite LW.

I agree with Maynard or Grant.

I would like to see him fight TJ or Maynard, I think those are definitely winnable fights for Gomi.

I don't want him to fight Edwards because him and Gomi are amongst my favorite LW.

I agree with Maynard or Grant.

Edwards is booked and on a losing streak and its time for Gomi to get a big name and just see what happens.

Looking at his record though.. what happened with this no contest against Yancy Medeiros. Shit and he hasn't fought since last november? odd.

Edwards is booked and on a losing streak and its time for Gomi to get a big name and just see what happens.

Looking at his record though.. what happened with this no contest against Yancy Medeiros. Shit and he hasn't fought since last november? odd.

Yancy (t)KO'd him(not sure if it was a tko or KO) and i was pissed so i flew to the US and injected him with Marijuanas because i knew nobody would be surprised if he failed a drug test because he trains at Cesar Gracie.

True story.

Yancy (t)KO'd him(not sure if it was a tko or KO) and i was pissed so i flew to the US and injected him with Marijuanas because i knew nobody would be surprised if he failed a drug test because he trains at Cesar Gracie.

True story.

Well this is the internet. Who would make such a thing up?

always amuses me when they overturn a fight due to weed. Like people are going to pretend the result didn't happen all of a sudden.

Let him KO Maynard. You could make it a co-main on a Fight Night or main event at a UFC Japan show. I don't think he's an elite LW anymore, he's fallen pretty far since his prime, but that doesn't mean you can't give him fun matchups near the top end to see him KO someone or build up a youngster.

To see him KO someone, give him Maynard. To build up a youngster, let him fight Jury. I'd be okay with either, really. Even if he got up in the top 10 due to favorable matchups he'd get wrecked at this point in his career by the true top ten fighters.

Gomi is the LW GOAT, BJ is not even top 5. Just sayin

Gomi is the LW GOAT, BJ is not even top 5. Just sayin

No offense, but that's a joke. Gomi had a resume, but BJ had the better talent, IMO. That's where it becomes a weird situation of who should be #1. Just wish BJ was fighting at 155 when Gomi was reigning in Pride. That would be a HUGE fight.

No offense, but that's a joke. Gomi had a resume, but BJ had the better talent, IMO. That's where it becomes a weird situation of who should be #1. Just wish BJ was fighting at 155 when Gomi was reigning in Pride. That would be a HUGE fight.

Hate to say it but Penn would have won that one too. Gomi is still the #2 best LW ever. No shame in that.

KJ Noons
Maynard maybe
Edwards if Edwards wins his next fight
Kawajiri part 2
Jury
Masivdal
Lauzon

I was talking about resume wise. Can't really go off opinion of how good you think someone is

Hate to say it but Penn would have won that one too. Gomi is still the #2 best LW ever. No shame in that.

Gomi has the better LW resume, Penn the better overall resume

"Gomi is undeniably in the top 2 All Time in the LW division with BJ Penn"

Edgar > Gomi

not even close.

"Gomi is undeniably in the top 2 All Time in the LW division with BJ Penn"

Edgar > Gomi

not even close.

No. Gomi finishing a prime Pulver, a prime Mach and a prime Kawajiri is better than practically Edgar's entire career. Gomi's run for the Pride gold is still one of the most amazing feats in all of MMA. He put two fights of the year in a single night. Whenever I see guys today boast about how advanced MMA is and how guys are so much better, I just look at Gomi beating Kawajiri and Azeredo on the same night in two absolutely brutal wars and still have energy to fight another fight and I simply gotta LOL at their comments.

Back