Next for Gomi.

Hopefully someone he can easily beat. Surely there's no one delusional enough to think he will ever get a shot at the title, so might as well just give him a couple of fun fights before he retires. Preferably ones where he KOs his opponent without taking a shitload of damage himself. Man his cardio looked terrible against IVF, lol. Also got tagged quite a few times.

Banzai Gomi

I'd love to see him rematch with Diego and get the W he deserve(d)s, but I don't know if that's feasible at this stage. Lauzon sounds good, as does Maynard.

Myles Jury/Abel Trujillo winner, Maynard, or bobby green all make sense.

I would like a fight like noons. Gomi isn't competitive against the top he so I don't have any want to see him fight there now. Guida, Diaz, and Florian really hurt him and none of his wins are relevant.

Let him KO Maynard. You could make it a co-main on a Fight Night or main event at a UFC Japan show. I don't think he's an elite LW anymore, he's fallen pretty far since his prime, but that doesn't mean you can't give him fun matchups near the top end to see him KO someone or build up a youngster.

To see him KO someone, give him Maynard. To build up a youngster, let him fight Jury. I'd be okay with either, really. Even if he got up in the top 10 due to favorable matchups he'd get wrecked at this point in his career by the true top ten fighters.

I like the Maynard fight because I get the feeling that Maynard is going to fall off the map and that would at least give Gomi a top 10 win and they could keep him competitive with the bottom half of the top 10 with the right match ups.

As long as Gomi is on the Japan card I'll be happy no matter who the opponent is.

In my opinion anybody in the top 10 is a danger to Gomi's health and legacy. I'd rather not see him fight them, yet... I think his skills are all still there, but he's just not disciplined anymore in training and runs out of gas too soon... However a cardio Gomi (like how he was quick, agile, and powerful in the Tyson Griffin bout) can still prove to be a major threat to several of the lower top 10 guys though, imo.

I'd rather see him fight George Roop (if he's still around) so at least it's a near in the bag fight for him, lol. And once he shows that he is serious in his training again, then ok, put him up against a top 10.

In my opinion anybody in the top 10 is a danger to Gomi's health and legacy. I'd rather not see him fight them, yet... I think his skills are all still there, but he's just not disciplined anymore in training and runs out of gas too soon... However a cardio Gomi (like how he was quick, agile, and powerful in the Tyson Griffin bout) can still prove to be a major threat to several of the lower top 10 guys though, imo.

I'd rather see him fight George Roop (if he's still around) so at least it's a near in the bag fight for him, lol. And once he shows that he is serious in his training again, then ok, put him up against a top 10.

Isn't roop a bw now?

Back