Elections Next Democratic Debate may be 99.984% white

No no, see, if a black voter supports Biden over Booker, he is an Uncle Tom, obviously.

The failure to see that the Democratic primary is rife with false consciousness is tantamount to hateful bigotry.

I don’t know if that accusation will be used but I don’t like the term. It’s mostly used to encourage groupthink to a specific race and isn’t healthy in deescalating racial tensions.

I think Castro and Booker are just looking to get more support any way they can, including by pitching that angle. It isn’t that awful and I’m sure if they were actually cornered about what representation is based more on ideas than identity, they would agree it’s ideas.

they should be more concerned that of the people left, only incompetent senile Biden is the one not leaning waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay left

well besides Tulsi, but she has no legit shot

You don’t think Tulsi is far left? Is that because you are offsetting her domestic policies with her foreign policy ones? I wouldn’t say she’s a moderate.

Why is Bernie Sanders not attending the debate?

I don’t know if that accusation will be used but I don’t like the term. It’s mostly used to encourage groupthink to a specific race and isn’t healthy in deescalating racial tensions.

I think Castro and Booker are just looking to get more support any way they can, including by pitching that angle. It isn’t that awful and I’m sure if they were actually cornered about what representation is based more on ideas than identity, they would agree it’s ideas.

Yeah, that was unnecessarily inflammatory on my part. I apologize.

You don’t think Tulsi is far left? Is that because you are offsetting her domestic policies with her foreign policy ones? I wouldn’t say she’s a moderate.
i guess one could make the case that anti war IS far left, but yes i was referring more to her Foreign policy and Vet status
but in some ways she's more moderate. She's for Dreamers and not separating families, but not ostensibly open borders (that's what other candidates are essentially asking for)

Notice how w/ Refugees, for instance, she places a MUCH larger emphasis on ending regime change wars than actually bringing in Refugees from say the Middle East

That being said, she's pretty damn progressive on things like Climate Control and stuff like that, so fair enough.....

Kamala looks a hell of a lot more Indian, like her mother, than black. Ironically both her parents are well-educated, successful immigrants. They haven't been historically oppressed by America, nor do they share the losing "nothing is my fault, I'm oppressed" mentality of the local black population. It's funny for people to be showing her as an example of black oppression in America, and using her to perpetuate the losing mindset that makes the local black population unsuccessful in the first place. She's been successful in her life because she's not like the other black people in the US.

No no, see, if a black voter supports Biden over Booker, he is an Uncle Tom, obviously.

The failure to see that the Democratic primary is rife with false consciousness is tantamount to hateful bigotry.

A gay man is never going to get the support of black voters regardless of his race. Its as simple as that .

Which do you think is a bigger deal that shows an obsession. Me, a nobody, making a thread on a karate forum about it to pass the time at work

Or two presidential candidates tweeting about the issue, one of them bringing it up on a major cable news network?

It's a bona fide issue that women and minority candidates have conspicuously lower staying power in elections, primary or otherwise, and that a party whose membership is 50% nonwhite doesn't have any nonwhite persons among its top 8 candidates. Recognition of that issue doesn't translate to the party being racist or persons talking about the issue calling the party or its voters racist.

But the fact to which I was pointing is that the Democrats are damned in the eyes of conservatives no matter what: if any nonwhite candidates gain traction, it means they're only popular because they're nonwhite and Democrats are racist against whites, and if an insufficient amount of nonwhite candidates get traction, it means the Democrats are hypocritical racists who are suppressing worthwhile minority candidates in their camp. No matter what, the narrative will persist.

But the fact to which I was pointing is that the Democrats are damned in the eyes of conservatives no matter what: if any nonwhite candidates gain traction, it means they're only popular because they're nonwhite and Democrats are racist against whites, and if an insufficient amount of nonwhite candidates get traction, it means the Democrats are hypocritical racists who are suppressing worthwhile minority candidates in their camp. No matter what, the narrative will persist.

No, my point here was just to point out the whining by candidates who think wether they do/do not have a non white candidate at least make it to the end can be a "shame" as they both called it.

In this case, it's democratic candidates damning their own base for not getting behind minority candidates, simply because they're minority candidates.

"Bu-bu-but CONSERVATIVES!"

LOL

Yea it may be all white but the polls make up a pretty accurate picture of the diverse group of people who go and vote so that shouldn’t be a problem. If black voters backed Biden over Booker, that shouldn’t be seen as problematic from a racial aspect. Sometimes the rhetoric used is we need to see a forced quota for certain things and I don’t think that applies well here.

Agreed. Castro's tweet is more concerning than Booker's too. Castro's is a direct accusation of racism/foul play, from the "system" that holds down women or minorities. It make zero sense to anyone objectively paying attention and is nothing more than emotionally charged nonsense. Every candidate had/has an equal platform to battle for support, as it should be.

Just like anyone else I have my preferences too, but using the cop out of "it must be discrimination" because of who is remaining is equally bad and hypocritical, if not worse, than what they accuse others of. Nothing wrong for wishing to have kept a more diverse field, but there's everything wrong with crying wolf over it.

In this case, it's democratic candidates damning their own base for not getting behind minority candidates, simply because they're minority candidates.

"Bu-bu-but CONSERVATIVES!"

LOL

Again, as I said in my post, talking about an issue isn't "damning their own base."

This seems to be a continual problem with you: that you internalize all discussions as personal criticisms and impute that egocentric posture to the rest of the world in evaluating issues. In reality, issues can be discussed without that kind of thinking. Racial inequity can exist without acknowledgement of it meaning that you're calling every person in the world who benefits from it racist scumbags.

Association with Obama is the only thing that explains it.

Biden wrote (or was it Co founded?) the 94 crime bill that hammered inner city communities. Maybe it's because Biden actually panders less to them than someone like Kamala, Warren, or Bernie has been doing and the voters respect that more?
Keep in mind that the crime bill, while ultimately bad, was, at the time, supported by a lot of those communities. And putting that bill together (and others like it) meant that Biden and Clinton wound up with a lot of political ties to those groups.

Keep in mind that the crime bill, while ultimately bad, was, at the time, supported by a lot of those communities. And putting that bill together (and others like it) meant that Biden and Clinton wound up with a lot of political ties to those groups.

Thanks. I do forget context (since I was like, 3 at the time) and only see the hindsight regret of that bills effects

they should be more concerned that of the people left, only incompetent senile Biden is the one not leaning waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay left

well besides Tulsi, but she has no legit shot
Nah Buttigieg is further right than Biden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back