Elections Next Democratic Debate may be 99.984% white

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
(My apologies for the title, couldn't resist a 1/1024th jab at Warren)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...-after-harris-drops-out/ar-BBXJUcw?ocid=ientp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-be-represented-entirely-by-white-candidates/

Kamala Harris was the best polling non-white candidate and had qualified for the next debate, but she just dropped out. The originally very diverse field of Democratic candidates could very well be represented by 4 white men and 2 white women on the next debate stage unless Booker, Castro, Gabbard, or Yang can make some advances in the polling before then. Only Biden, Bernie, Warren, Buttieg, Klobuchar, and Steyer have currently qualified.

Cory Booker's comment:

Castro's comment:

My thoughts on it are the DNC opened the field vast and wide for candidates. From polling, they have surmised where the support lies; and that support happens to be for policies backed by politicians who happen to be white. I don't think anything about this was racist in its methodology. DNC needs to start trimming down the overwelming field, so that people who aren't 100% behind one of the certain candidates can better see their pros and cons make a decision on who to vote for of the more supported candidates.

Edited to add tweets for readability rather than copy pasted quotes

Last edited:
Yeah, going down the path of suggesting your own base is racist will work out really well...

Tulsi has done her job and will return to Hawaii a hero.

Well it's all about the polls, the voting, the support. That's what they say, so if it so happened to be "all white" then it's just the way it turned out. Booker had no different an opportunity than Mayor Pete, Castro no different than Bernie, etc.

what I don't get is why black people love biden. I mean they love him. Anyone care to speculate on why?

Well it's all about the polls, the voting, the support. That's what they say, so if so happened to be "all white" then it's just the way it turned out. Booker had no different an opportunity than Mayor Pete, Castro no different than Bernie, etc.

You aren't suggesting that elections should be decided purely on merit do you?

It is easy to see that the Liberals are the racists.

what I don't get is why black people love biden. I mean they love him. Anyone care to speculate on why?

Obama connection, maybe? It is weird, because he's always gaffing it up with unintentional racism.

(My apologies for the title, couldn't resist a 1/1024th jab at Warren)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...-after-harris-drops-out/ar-BBXJUcw?ocid=ientp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-be-represented-entirely-by-white-candidates/

Kamala Harris was the best polling non-white candidate and had qualified for the next debate, but she just dropped out. The originally very diverse field of Democratic candidates could very well be represented by 4 white men and 2 white women on the next debate stage unless Booker, Castro, Gabbard, or Yang can make some advances in the polling before then. Only Biden, Bernie, Warren, Buttieg, Klobuchar, and Steyer have currently qualified.

Cory Booker's comment:

“I’m a little angry, I have to say, that we started with one of the most diverse fields in our history, giving people pride,” Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.), who is among the nonwhite presidential candidates who have yet to qualify for this month’s debate, told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes on Tuesday night. “And it’s a damn shame now that the only African American woman in this race, who has been speaking to issues that need to be brought up, is now no longer in it.”

Castro's comment:

Speaking more generally, he (Castro) added on Twitter later: “The media’s flawed formula for ‘electability’ has pushed aside women and candidates of color,” he said. “Our party’s diversity is our strength, and it’s a shame that we’re headed for a December debate without a single person of color.”

My thoughts on it are the DNC opened the field vast and wide for candidates. From polling, they have surmised where the support lies; and that support happens to be for policies backed by politicians who happen to be white. I don't anything about this was racist in its methodology. DNC needs to start trimming down the overwelming field, so that people who aren't 100% behind one of the certain candidates can better see their pros and cons make a decision on who to vote for of the more supported candidates.

So people are mad the president will not be the right color??? Who is the racist again???

Corn Pop.

He relates how his childhood was just like theirs (in his eyes anyway, ha). Non-white support for Trump is increasing BTW.

Association with Obama is the only thing that explains it.

Biden wrote (or was it Co founded?) the 94 crime bill that hammered inner city communities. Maybe it's because Biden actually panders less to them than someone like Kamala, Warren, or Bernie has been doing and the voters respect that more?

Well it's all about the polls, the voting, the support. That's what they say, so if it so happened to be "all white" then it's just the way it turned out. Booker had no different an opportunity than Mayor Pete, Castro no different than Bernie, etc.

Yea it may be all white but the polls make up a pretty accurate picture of the diverse group of people who go and vote so that shouldn’t be a problem. If black voters backed Biden over Booker, that shouldn’t be seen as problematic from a racial aspect. Sometimes the rhetoric used is we need to see a forced quota for certain things and I don’t think that applies well here.

Man, liberals are so obsessed with race. That's why they keep making these threads about how Democrats are racist and that's why they have so many candidates of color/why they don't have enough candidates of color.

You'd think they'd be more concerned with their ratio of Billionaires to Non Billionaires running

Yea it may be all white but the polls make up a pretty accurate picture of the diverse group of people who go and vote so that shouldn’t be a problem. If black voters backed Biden over Booker, that shouldn’t be seen as problematic from a racial aspect. Sometimes the rhetoric used is we need to see a forced quota for certain things and I don’t think that applies well here.

No no, see, if a black voter supports Biden over Booker, he is an Uncle Tom, obviously.

The failure to see that the Democratic primary is rife with false consciousness is tantamount to hateful bigotry.

Man, liberals are so obsessed with race. That's why they keep making these threads about how Democrats are racist and that's why they have so many candidates of color/why they don't have enough candidates of color.

Which do you think is a bigger deal that shows an obsession. Me, a nobody, making a thread on a karate forum about it to pass the time at work

Or two presidential candidates tweeting about the issue, one of them bringing it up on a major cable news network?

bernie sanders actually has political views that dont change warren changes her views. She used to be a hilary wannabe now she is acting more like bernie. or at least trying morons will prolly pick her to win over bernie just because shes a chick

they should be more concerned that of the people left, only incompetent senile Biden is the one not leaning waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay left

well besides Tulsi, but she has no legit shot

Back