Social Newsweek: Donald Trump's Approval Rating Surpasses Obama's, Not Just On Rasmussen Reports

Sorry man, I have javascript turned off so can not see Tweets.

Also, Twitter adds zero value to a life.

It is all anger, noise, envy, and strife fed by a constant stream of hysterical discontent.

What I am saying is we should go to the park and fly a kite together with @tonni
Let’s go.

Do you believe polling people are devoid of bias?

Would you believe if I tell you that poll institutes can see they're biased, and when that happen they dismiss half of their employees just to make sure only the unbiased ones are doing their job? Or do you think they'd keep as it is and never care about again?

Do you believe that mostall studies made by scientists attend strictly to the data they've found, not what the scientist wanted to prove the world?
Say... If a scientist finds that global warming is not human fault, and by releasing that study government might stop spending money on global warming studies, would you release your findings just because "science"?

I'd like to hope in humanity as much as you do, Makani, I really wish.

I don't want to sound paranoid, buddy, but how often have you seen a poll that summarizes a scene quite like what you see around you?
I know all about problems in polls, I wouldn't trust an individual poll as far as I could throw it. I was quoting him to take issue with his declaration that polls have a "5-7% bias against Trump". That's a pretty exact number to be throwing out without some sort of evidence. He then responded "November 8, 2016" in a desperate attempt to be clever, when a many polls had it pretty nailed. Trump lost the popular vote and won some swing states by a pittance. It's not like they said he was going to get crushed and he defied all expectations, that's a narrative that both sides took up a little too easily, and the mainstream media didn't help.

I know all about problems in polls, I wouldn't trust an individual poll as far as I could throw it. I was quoting him to take issue with his declaration that polls have a "5-7% bias against Trump". That's a pretty exact number to be throwing out without some sort of evidence. He then responded "November 8, 2016" in a desperate attempt to be clever, when a many polls had it pretty nailed. Trump lost the popular vote and won some swing states by a pittance. It's not like they said he was going to get crushed and he defied all expectations, that's a narrative that both sides took up a little too easily, and the mainstream media didn't help.

His number really isn’t far off. I don’t have the exact percentage, but I recall reports that many polls trump is repeatedly down in, oversample democrats regularly.

Either way, democrats are fucked in 2020. Your candidates and platform are shit. Go peddle reparations somewhere else.

His number really isn’t far off. I don’t have the exact percentage, but I recall reports that many polls trump is repeatedly down in, oversample democrats regularly.

Either way, democrats are fucked in 2020. Your candidates and platform are shit. Go peddle reparations somewhere else.
lol, I don't care about the Democrats, I was just asking where he got that number.

Wait I thought polls didn't mean shit? :rolleyes:

For real, you dumb ass fuckers riding Trumps balls are fucking crazy. The dude has been off the rails. His staff appointments have been a major failing. He has been the absolute worse president for the environment since Reagan. Do we even need to mention his moral fails? FFS, I get it, the far left is crazy and easy To troll, but come the fuck on, he is an absolute embarrassment. The dude literally makes tweets like an average sherbro. Fuck I love you guys, but he is below average intelligents and makes up lies like a little bitch all the time. Give me a fucking break.

At this point the only thing he has going on, is that he is an absolute troll. Fuck him, stop supporting this little cunt. In the next election shit is just going to swing farther left because of him.
he is below average intelligents

BTW I actually agree with what you say about him.

lol, I don't care about the Democrats, I was just asking where he got that number.

<Dylan>

Well, what do you think the effect of oversampling democrats has on the poll outcomes, and how does it relate to the number you’re looking for?

<seedat>

<Dylan>

Well, what do you think the effect of oversampling democrats has on the poll outcomes, and how does it relate to the number you’re looking for?

<seedat>
I was separating your last sentence from the remainder. I don't care about the Democrats as a party. The oversampling and his "5-7%" are both just opinions so far.

I was separating your last sentence from the remainder. I don't care about the Democrats as a party. The oversampling and his "5-7%" are both just opinions so far.

<TrumpWrong1>

Democrat oversampling, is not an opinion. You can look up the numbers yourself.

For instance,

This is from 2016: “Earlier this morning we wrote about the obvious sampling bias in the latest ABC / Washington Post poll that showed a 12-point national advantage for Hillary. Like many of the recent polls from Reuters, ABC and The Washington Post, this latest poll included a 9-point sampling bias toward registered Democrats.”

And if you read the ABC News poll sampling and methodology note, it says, “This ABC News poll was conducted by landline and cellular telephone Oct. 20-22, 2016, in English and Spanish, among a random national sample of 874 likely voters. Results have a margin of sampling error of 3.5 points, including the design effect. Partisan divisions are 36-27-31 percent, Democrats - Republicans - Independents."

<TrumpWrong1>

For instance,

This is from 2016: “Earlier this morning we wrote about the obvious sampling bias in the latest ABC / Washington Post poll that showed a 12-point national advantage for Hillary. Like many of the recent polls from Reuters, ABC and The Washington Post, this latest poll included a 9-point sampling bias toward registered Democrats.”

And if you read the ABC News poll sampling and methodology note, it says, “This ABC News poll was conducted by landline and cellular telephone Oct. 20-22, 2016, in English and Spanish, among a random national sample of 874 likely voters. Results have a margin of sampling error of 3.5 points, including the design effect. Partisan divisions are 36-27-31 percent, Democrats - Republicans - Independents."

They will never learn.

It got so bad in the last election cycle, the companies like CNN actually had to start giving disclaimers that they were oversampling from Democrats, making their polls even more worthless.

<TrumpWrong1>

For instance,

Where was that first quote from our of curiosity? I'm not saying polls aren't dumb, I mean, isn't asking for a 34-33-33 split on an issue kind of dumb to begin with? My only original beef was that he used a pretty specific number and I find that hard to take at face value, mainly because of the fact that polls can be so varied.

Where was that first quote from our of curiosity? I'm not saying polls aren't dumb, I mean, isn't asking for a 34-33-33 split on an issue kind of dumb to begin with? My only original beef was that he used a pretty specific number and I find that hard to take at face value, mainly because of the fact that polls can be so varied.
Especially since If you can actually pinpoint that a poll is off by 5-7%, that would make it a very useful poll. Adding 5 to know what the actual number is would still be pretty convenient.

Polls are useless, if the economy stays good say hello to four more years.

Polling showing Hillary winning the election had the misfortune of collating data that was based on a presumption that
most votes = win
whereas we live in a country that determines a presidential election not by how many votes you get but how spread out those votes happen to be. You're not winning any election in america if 10 million people in major cities votes for you but 3 million spread out in 3 fly over hick bins dont.

Polling data was correct in that Hillary DID garner the most votes by far. but that dont mean nothing. Same thing happened in the Gore/Bush election.

Polling showing Hillary winning the election had the misfortune of collating data that was based on a presumption that
most votes = win
whereas we live in a country that determines a presidential election not by how many votes you get but how spread out those votes happen to be. You're not winning any election in america if 10 million people in major cities votes for you but 3 million spread out in 3 fly over hick bins dont.

Polling data was correct in that Hillary DID garner the most votes by far. but that dont mean nothing. Same thing happened in the Gore/Bush election.
It also probably missed the boat in that people lie because they don't want to be seen as a Trump voter, for obvious reasons.

So today we believe in polls again?
kd0n1.jpg

Polls are useless, if the economy stays good say hello to four more years.

The economy is going into a recession while Trump has given us record trade and budget deficits on top of his 1.2 trillion dollar tax cut that won't come close to paying for itself, much less the record stock buybacks that resulted from it's implementation.

Back