Social New York Teachers Display Noose in Classroom During Black History Month

After the stunt Mr. Smollett pulled, I assume these type of hate crimes are planned/fake until proven otherwise. Especially when there's a noose involved, it's a dead giveaway.

The teachers don't appear to be the ones who made the collage, or if they were even aware of them personally as part of some classroom project posting.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was another fake hate crime, and it was actually black students who created this. There is no hate crime, and without a perpetrator, there is no evidence this was hate-based at all.

I find it very hard to believe that middle school kids have nothing better to do than fan the flames of discord with manufactured political propaganda.

Yes, an investigation was conducted and a hearing before the board for the 3 teachers believed responsible, two were fired for it (non-tenured_, and 1 is suspended for it(tenured), but we're supposed to believe your ridiculous assumption that none of the teachers were aware of them personally, and that it was black students that posted it as a fake hate crime.
It's not a ridiculous assumption, fakehatecrimes are a real thing whether you want to deny it or not.
Also, TS is a pure troll... PURE

I find it very hard to believe that middle school kids have nothing better to do than fan the flames of discord with manufactured political propaganda.

<Dany07>

Its a lot easier to believe than multiple adults would risk their careers to do it.

"February" is literally in the quote box in your post. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The pastor who reported it said it had been up for months. It may actually go back to the return from Summer break for all we know.
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/noose-back-to-school-collage/
“I got this disturbing information on Saturday,” he told the Daily Dot. “Then, to add insult to injury, I learned that it had been hanging up for several months in one of the teacher’s classroom. That truly crossed the line.”

Everyone just got to witness what an idiot you are when you try to play Sherlock Holmes. That's what I love about these sorts of exchanges. Google can't help you with deductive reasoning like this. The slow-witted can't hide behind a computer.

I have assumed nothing. You are the one who has assumed the teachers created the image when the school itself stated to the press they didn't know how created it. The buck for that wall stops with them, but that in itself doesn't indicate they were knew about it, much less created it, but given what the pastor said about them sharing the image on Facebook, the most obvious conclusion we can draw is that they viewed it quite innocently through the same prism as the students, who all certainly would have been aware of it as well, and the Urban Dictionary entry I just supplied to you.

rooseveltmiddleschool.jpg

I wouldn't defend anything like this if it came from a place of genuine, malicious, racist intent, but any teacher who works at a school like this would know putting up something like that would be the end of their teaching career. It casts serious doubt on the assumption that any teacher would willingly allow this because it would be career suicide when the principal himself is black, and nearly 100% of the student body is nonwhite (~45% black).

The only person assuming to know intent and creator is you. You're the bigot. You're the one who flies off the handle with prejudicial assumptions.

From everything I read feels to me like this was made/put up by kids, the teacher who had it in their room either didn't notice it or ignored the "edginess" of what one if their kids did, then later on someone in the building who wasn't familiar with it noticed it and complained.

Teachers had to be punished once the story became public.

If it was put up maliciously, fuck who ever did it though, seriously.

Its a lot easier to believe than multiple adults would risk their careers to do it.
Agreed.
From the full image I found and posted above it's apparent that neither the teachers nor the students saw any malice in it. It wasn't until some outsider saw it, without knowledge the proper context and meaning it carries for those at the school, as described in the Urban Dictionary, that it became a problem. Nobody had a problem with it until that pastor reacted in the same fashion that several liberal posters in here themselves have already exhibited. The immediate assumption of racism, and desire to destroy the lives of those perceived of perpetrating it, appears to be the real villain in this story. They are the intolerant ones. They have become what they profess to hate.

If so, the irony is delicious.
From everything I read feels to me like this was made/put up by kids, the teacher who had it in their room either didn't notice it or ignored the "edginess" of what one if their kids did, then later on someone in the building who wasn't familiar with it noticed it and complained.

Teachers had to be punished once the story became public.
Agreed. Not only that, but the fact it was up on that classroom wall for months, at least, if we are to believe what the pastor asserts he was told, would indicate neither the students, the teachers, nor the rest of the faculty had any problem with it. I think that's why the administrators are protecting the names of the teachers. The principal knows they are good people, not racist, and wants to help them quietly along. In the meantime, he must kowtow to the ravenous horde. The local politician is making sure to exploit what has been lost in translation.

It's sad that is has apparently come to this. Merely to satisfy the optics of the intolerant left that principal has to offer up this sacrifice to the altar of political correctness.

But of course this is viral, while millions of rural schools and student's have no access to broadband. Everyone lib or city dweller needs to pressure ISP's to give all people a voice, or at least let our children learn via the net like everyone else. Yet that's not possible, because class ism controls childrens access to better education. All tax payers have paid billions yet still in 2019, millions of people are left in the dark ages. It's a sickening fact , that is destroying our future leaders.

Looks like the TS doesn’t understand what the necklace meme is referring to. Also, I doubt the teachers actually did this. What a blatant way to lose your career over something that would be obviously stupid to put up.

I’m chalking this up to another greasy, slimy, disgusting, dishonest and fake hate crime created by the loony left.

The teachers don't appear to be the ones who made the collage, or if they were even aware of them personally as part of some classroom project posting.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was another fake hate crime, and it was actually black students who created this. There is no hate crime, and without a perpetrator, there is no evidence this was hate-based at all.

Looks like the TS doesn’t understand what the necklace meme is referring to. Also, I doubt the teachers actually did this. What a blatant way to lose your career over something that would be obviously stupid to put up.

I’m chalking this up to another greasy, slimy, disgusting, dishonest and fake hate crime created by the loony left.

OK, I've tried to look at it again from a different perspective and I can see how this could be posted without racial intent. I understand it could have simple been posted as a joke for "this is how much school sucks" while being tone deaf to the racial implications. So there's a chance no malicious intent was in there.

What I find it disgusting is to automatically jump to the assumption it's people trying to fake a hate crime. It's much much more likely this was either racism or a genuine mistake compared to the chance that these people were trying to fake a hate crime. What would make you instantly jump to that conclusion? It's very hard for me to believe a bunch of middle school kids came up with the idea to fake something like this and politicize it. I mean is it possible? Sure. It's also possible that Trump is a Russian spy. That doesn't mean he is, and in fact, he almost certainly isn't. People from both sides will jump to such a reach of a conclusion just to support their political motives.

But to say a bunch of middle schoolers faked a hate crime when you know nothing about the situation besides this article? You're treading dangerous waters. Seriously. I'm sorry but I think that's just wrong. They are little kids. Whether you like it or not, racism is real in this country. I genuinely did try to see it from your point of view. I concede there's a chance it could have been an accident. But assuming, or saying it was likely even, to be a hate crime? It genuinely sickens me that you would think this way.

OK, I've tried to look at it again from a different perspective and I can see how this could be posted without racial intent. I understand it could have simple been posted as a joke for "this is how much school sucks" while being tone deaf to the racial implications. So there's a chance no malicious intent was in there.

What I find it disgusting is to automatically jump to the assumption it's people trying to fake a hate crime. It's much much more likely this was either racism or a genuine mistake compared to the chance that these people were trying to fake a hate crime. What would make you instantly jump to that conclusion? It's very hard for me to believe a bunch of middle school kids came up with the idea to fake something like this and politicize it. I mean is it possible? Sure. It's also possible that Trump is a Russian spy. That doesn't mean he is, and in fact, he almost certainly isn't. People from both sides will jump to such a reach of a conclusion just to support their political motives.

But to say a bunch of middle schoolers faked a hate crime when you know nothing about the situation besides this article? You're treading dangerous waters. Seriously. I'm sorry but I think that's just wrong. They are little kids. Whether you like it or not, racism is real in this country. I genuinely did try to see it from your point of view. I concede there's a chance it could have been an accident. But assuming, or saying it was likely even, to be a hate crime? It genuinely sickens me that you would think this way.

th

Well played, TS. Well played...

New York has such a history of lynching blacks I can see why people are so sensitive.

Terrorist song talking about blowing up schools:

Another example of racism and hate crimes continuing to ramp up in this country. Two New York middle school teachers were recently fired after they had a collage labelled "back to school necklaces" displaying pictures of two nooses during black history month. They also had the hashtag #yes and "ha ha" displayed on the collage. Check out the picture, this is absolutely disgusting. They almost got away with it as well. And this was in a school with primarily black students. I think it's safe to say that racism certainly is on the rise when we have a President who defends white supremacists and teachers celebrating racial lynchings.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...fter-noose-images-displayed-classroom-n984561

Lefty NY teachers being racist? I'm shocked.

“Back to school noose” is slang for how much it sucks to go back to school. This seems like a very bad attempt at humor, not a racist attack or hate crime. But if it was created by a teacher, I’d have to agree that the teacher should be suspended. It just shows terrible judgement.

That might be true but it was still stupid of them to do that during Black History Month.

That might be true but it was still stupid of them to do that during Black History Month.

It would be stupid and entirely inappropriate for them to do it no matter when it was done. I have a feeling it had been up for much longer and people only noticed it during the month of February.

It's hard to imagine why someone who is overtly racist would want to teach an almost entirely black/hispanic classroom. Looks like this was most likely an extremely stupid joke which teachers should know better making. I can't imagine why else the collage had #yes and haha on it. It was meant as a joke about not wanting to go back to school. Very poor judgment.
More likely they don't want to teach those kids. But they need a job and that's where the school district sends them.

The greater travesty is wondering what level of teaching such people provide to kids they probably don't respect in the first place.

No one has ever used the term back to school nooses or back to school necklaces ever and no one uses that lingo in spring.
Back to School is in August/September u dopes.

What I find it disgusting is to automatically jump to the assumption it's people trying to fake a hate crime. It's much much more likely this was either racism or a genuine mistake compared to the chance that these people were trying to fake a hate crime. It's very hard for me to believe a bunch of middle school kids came up with the idea to fake something like this and politicize it. I mean is it possible?
Bingo! Was this issue created by teachers or students? While some might have been offended, others could care less.

...and again, I ask. How does freedom of speech affect schools? How does it affect the teachers and the students? At what level (middle school, high school, and college)? What subjects are taboo? Racism, sex education, evolution vs religion. Who decides all this as it relates to public and private schools. There is certainly a difference in tolerance depending on the state, school, and school level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back