Social New York Teachers Display Noose in Classroom During Black History Month

Bingo! Was this issue created by teachers or students? While some might have been offended, others could care less.

...and again, I ask. How does freedom of speech affect schools? How does it affect the teachers and the students? At what level (middle school, high school, and college)? What subjects are taboo? Racism, sex education, evolution vs religion. Who decides all this as it relates to public and private schools. There is certainly a difference in tolerance depending on the state, school, and school level.
I think all difficult subjects should be a green light at schools. I also think school needs to be a safe space for everyone involved. That's why we try to stop bullying and hate as well.

...and here we go again. Censorship? Freedom of speech as listed in the 1st Amendment. Yeah, that includes hate speech also. You can't have one without the other.

Similar to the concept of 'free will'. Choosing right over wrong or wrong over right. Good vs bad, and so on...

Would it not be nice if everyone said, wrote, or did the right thing? Indeed, but that is not how the world works.
Middle schools are not typically treated as designated public forums.
Also, lol @ defending lynching.

Tbf this has nothing to do with the president. If these goofs were dumb enough to actually do THIS, they would do it regardless of who is in office.

Can someone post a pic of the entire collage? If it was student-created, and/or if the picture was supposed to be a commentary on racism itself (e.g., by showing that racism
exists in the media, or something), then it is much different than the story suggests. Personally, I don’t think it’s that bad. Hopefully these teachers appeal—administrative tribunals are always political.

Its May bro. Black people had their month, it's time to move on.

Another example of racism and hate crimes continuing to ramp up in this country. Two New York middle school teachers were recently fired after they had a collage labelled "back to school necklaces" displaying pictures of two nooses during black history month. They also had the hashtag #yes and "ha ha" displayed on the collage. Check out the picture, this is absolutely disgusting. They almost got away with it as well. And this was in a school with primarily black students. I think it's safe to say that racism certainly is on the rise when we have a President who defends white supremacists and teachers celebrating racial lynchings.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...fter-noose-images-displayed-classroom-n984561
^These are the provocateurs pushing a narrative of never ending conflict. These are the people we should avoid. They are so filled with internal strife or they have an interest to see others fight. Just think of the loser in the crowd egging on a fight. Just worthless nobodies.

Another example of racism and hate crimes continuing to ramp up in this country. Two New York middle school teachers were recently fired after they had a collage labelled "back to school necklaces" displaying pictures of two nooses during black history month. They also had the hashtag #yes and "ha ha" displayed on the collage. Check out the picture, this is absolutely disgusting. They almost got away with it as well. And this was in a school with primarily black students. I think it's safe to say that racism certainly is on the rise when we have a President who defends white supremacists and teachers celebrating racial lynchings.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...fter-noose-images-displayed-classroom-n984561

I would not jump to conclusions. It is definitely in very poor taste, but the news does not give all the information and I am not going to assume that it was racist without more information.

The story is specifically presented to elicit a response.

I am not convinced of the alleged rise in racism and in hate crimes.

Law enforcement is making a greater effort to identify, classify and report hate crimes. That could easily explain the recent rise.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/13/us/hate-crimes-fbi-2017.html
Reporting hate crimes to the F.B.I. is currently voluntary. Last year, roughly a thousand more agencies submitted data than those that did the previous year.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't always be vigilant about hate crimes, it just means that the purported rise in hate crimes may just a rise on paper, not in reality.

After the stunt Mr. Smollett pulled, I assume these type of hate crimes are planned/fake until proven otherwise. Especially when there's a noose involved, it's a dead giveaway.
images

Big deal. The kids he teach have bigger problems, like how avoid getting lynched by all the real racists running around rampant in this country now that our president has caused them to multiply into the millions.

It is obviously a suicide joke about hating school

That is obviously also not acceptable in a middle school, but ffs not everything needs to be interpreted as bigotry

And shitty spellers

You know you’re a total clown when all you can do is point out spelling mistakes on a karate forum. I love it, makes it easy to tell who the real losers like you are lol.

Why do Trump supporters do this shit?

What a load of horse shit. The teachers didn't make the collage and it wasn't even meant to be racist.

Back