Economy New York leaders sign open letter to Amazon, asking it to reconsiders the canceled HQ2 in Queens

Does this apply to govt run healthcare too?"
I'm overseas right now. In the US, I way paying $350 a month for healthcare that would only let me to go some hospitals, see just 1 doctor ('primary care physician'), and wouldn't kick in until I spent like $8000 first. And going to see that one doctor would still cost like $30 and I'd still have to pay for medications out-of-pocket.

Over here, I pay $50 a month and my employer pays another $50. I can go to any hospital and see any doctor, no questions asked and at no cost. Coverage also kicks in immediately from $0 spent and medications are free. If I want more coverage than the government plan provides, I can just purchase private 'supplemental' policies that add things not covered by government care for dirt cheap. But the government plan already covers near everything anyways and doesn't need to be supplemented at all.

And I have dental coverage. I hadn't been to the dentist in ~ 15 years in America but I was required to see one (for free) here. I got sick and went to the doctor, and got an antibiotics shot all at no cost! In America, I'd get the flu and just 'tough it out' while feeling like death for a week.

The difference is quite frankly astronomical that they're doing healthcare better here. The American system of 100% private care -- which I was in favor of while living America -- seems insane and downright evil now after experiencing the night and day difference.

Last edited:
So youre confident in giving trump and the repubs control over 17% of the economy?
I'm overseas right now. In the US, I way paying $350 a month for healthcare that would only let me to go some hospitals, see just 1 doctor ('primary care physician'), and wouldn't kick in until I spent like $8000 first. And going to see that one doctor would still cost like $30 and I'd still have to pay for medications out-of-pocket.

Over here, I pay $50 a month and my employer pays another $50. I can go to any hospital and see any doctor, no questions asked and at no cost. Coverage also kicks in immediately from $0 spent and medications are free. If I want more coverage than the government plan provides, I can just purchase private 'supplemental' policies that add things not covered by government care for dirt cheap. But the government plan already covers near everything anyways and doesn't need to be supplemented at all.

And I have dental coverage. I hadn't been to the dentist in ~ 15 years in America but I was required to see one (for free) here. I got sick and went to the doctor, and got an antibiotics shot all at no cost! In America, I'd get the flu and just 'tough it out' while feeling like death for a week.

The difference is quite frankly astronomical that they're doing healthcare better here. The American system of 100% private care -- which I was in favor of while living America -- seems insane and downright evil now after experiencing the night and day difference.

So youre confident in giving trump and the repubs control over 17% of the economy?
How the fuck is healthcare 17% of the economy, that's insane. That number alone shows how insane our healthcare is. It should be half that.

How the fuck is healthcare 17% of the economy, that's insane. That number alone shows how insane our healthcare is. It should be half that.
So are you going to answer the question?

Have they also asked AOC to kindly shut the fuck up?

“NY leaders” must feel the lint in their wallets

Have they also asked AOC to kindly shut the fuck up?

The cowardly bitch has taken a step back and wants to reconsider. Too fuckin late. She said it depends on "community input". The community had already spoken. Most New Yorkers and Democrats were for this.

Weak, weak and weak again.
But those decisions are made by politicians and politicians are all weak as fuck anyway, so I guess it's no surprise they give in in the end.

Can anyone explain this whole situation to me? Why did they pull out exactly and why is it such a big deal?

Maybe I'm just stupid but I also CBA'd to read all the shit

Back