New York imam and assistant shot dead in Queens

In better part of this world in regards to peaceful religion imams get shot all the time. I'm not surprised.

yous guys.

how many of yous have real world experience with real honest Muslim folks? or people from different cultures for that matter? at the end of the day a person was shot & killed. you have to remember how strict our laws are when it comes to guns - so strict that leaving NY feels like we've entered the wild west.

Muslim or not this shit is fucked.

Islam prohibits taking "infidels" as friends. The Quran instructs that Muslims who associate with infidels have evil in their heart and will be sent to hell to be tortured by Allah. However it's permitted to feign friendship outwardly with infidels, as a way to gain advantage or protection, but never with true feelings.

Your "experiences" with good Muslims are either fake i.e. feigned politeness, or those Muslims aren't following their own religion properly and have been corrupted by America's melting pot culture, objectively a good thing.

Islam prohibits taking "infidels" as friends. The Quran instructs that Muslims who associate with infidels have evil in their heart and will be sent to hell to be tortured by Allah. However it's permitted to feign friendship outwardly with infidels, as a way to gain advantage or protection, but never with true feelings.

Your "experiences" with good Muslims are either fake i.e. feigned politeness, or those Muslims aren't following their own religion properly and have been corrupted by America's melting pot culture, objectively a good thing.

Wow, you sound like a real Islamic scholar.

Thanks for the info.

They should be corrupted by the pot.

Christian? Someone hurt by Islamic violence? Other muslim upset at this Imman for not being strict enough? Or him being an Imman just a coincidence to his death?

I know it's sick, but I almost feel like polling war room's initial guesses

Christian? Someone hurt by Islamic violence? Other muslim upset at this Imman for not being strict enough? Or him being an Imman just a coincidence to his death?

A scorned lover perhaps?

Could be someone thought he was his friend, only to find out muslims can't be friends with non-muslims. Or maybe muslim-on-muslim no longer friends violence like the falling out with Mudasir!

mudassir-650x488.jpg

Kinda fucked up how happy people here are about a guy getting randomly murdered.

Kinda fucked up how happy people here are about a guy getting randomly murdered.

Two people actually.

But you know Sherdog stays classy... no details yet, but they're Muslims, so time to celebrate.

I was also surprised this wasn't posted yesterday. What I heard yesterday was that the suspect could have been hispanic, and that a theory was that it was a botched robbery (lol) because no valuables had been taken from the victims. I read an article quoting the local muslims that they blamed Trump and his rhetoric. I have to admit before I heard that the guy wasn't, I'd immediately assumed that it was an angry white guy too.

I'm very interested to learn the full details. It could be so many things. This Imam obviously rubbed someone the wrong way, and he was only here for 2 years. Would be fascinating if he was executed by a member of his own mosque.

yes, quite -quite.

thanks, I guess this means nothing then.

I just started working for a non profit organization & aside from the path my career has set its course on, this experience has been a COMPLETE eye opener.

there was a Board Member meeting with all the top donors attending a few months back. these donors are at the top of the list - just to give you an idea, the donors at the low end of the list lend about $5-$10 million, no bullshit here.

so after the meeting was all said & done, two of these donors who are supposedly dear friends stuck around for some banter. one was a Muslim gentleman & the other Jewish. their banter started off with the Jewish gentleman jokingly saying how his Muslim friend always ruins the Rabbinical Orthodox classes they attend, though not for the discussion of religion, but because the "professors" that teach these classes have no structure & don't know how to teach. hilarious, but the discussion turned to the notion of the 'Moderate Muslim', & they both were vehemently angered in how the media demonizes those who fall under the label. they both went on to stress that not only is charity huge in the Muslim religion, but in ALL major religion - & to seek recognition for your charity? well, that just defeats the purpose of doing a noble cause, which is why these real 'Moderate Muslims' always remain silent & on the sidelines.

take it for what you will, but these two gentlemen have brought me hope, a great hope birthed here in America. I just pray it's not too late for others to catch on to this outside of the US, but it sure ain't looking too good.

Don't know the victims background, so I'm going to go with they were OK people until I know otherwise.

My condolences to their family and friends.

Back