New UFC Rankings Out: Cormier not on top 15 P4P

Lets be honest, beating Henderson and Mir at this point is not that big a deal. Nelson and Bigfoot are nice wins, but both are for the most part fringe top 10 guys. Didn't see the Barnett fight.

Cormier is a great fighter who in my opinion, hasn't really tested himself yet. Rashad would have been a good test, but even with him (and He is one of my favorites) you don't know which guy your getting the last couple of years. Not completely his fault. LHW is the worst division in the sport right now.

Whos he beaten that was a p4p top fighter to take their spot?? TJ beat #3 to take a spot. Cormier beat Dan henderson...so did rashad evans, so did machida, so did vitor. They did it earlier too. Are they p4p too?

Whos he beaten that was a p4p top fighter to take their spot?? TJ beat #3 to take a spot. Cormier beat Dan henderson...so did rashad evans, so did machida, so did vitor. They did it earlier too. Are they p4p too?

It's about overall record and skill. 15-0, has only lost one round, has bounced between LHW and HW, Olympic Wrestler that has never been taken down. He's a top 15 fighter for sure.

Lets just say P4P is a legit ranking. Why should he be? He has beat Mir and Nelson at HW. Two gatekeepers at best. A super late LHW replacement who isnt even in the top 200. Henderson is his most legt win in the UFC.

There's all this scuff about his last fight being against a natural middleweight, yet everyone is ignoring the fact that Cormier is a light heavyweight fighter who has beaten FOUR out of the current top ten heavyweights. Has any other fighter beaten almost half of the top 10 in the division above theirs?

This again.. :rolleyes: UFC doesn't make the rankings. They just limit the amount of fighters to rank in their own roster.

He's not lying. His 205 run has not been as impressive as people act like, opponent wise. Not saying he hasn't shown me he can be a real problem for the champion, but resume wise, no, his 205 run is nothing to brag about.

His two most recent wins are Henderson and Cummings (?).
Meanwhile Rashads are Sonnen and Henderson.
If you want to compare whose 2 most recent wins are better, gotta go with Rashad.

If you use this "last 2 fights" logic, #7 Anderson Silva is 0-2 and been finished twice (and no, I am not insinuating Anderson does not belong on the list - I am just using this as an example to discredit faulty logic).

khabib is 22-0 in the most stacked division and i believe everyone agree he's not a p4p top 15, so neither dc

Considering he's beaten 4/10 top 10 heavyweights on the current rankings while being undersized......

Sure, but a win over Hendo shouldn't be the thing that puts him over. He's not even the number one contender in his division, so I don't see justifying a top 15 p4p spot yet.

Bigfoot is chinny. Barnett was injured, but so was Cormier...meh. Frank Mir fight was a joke; he is unmotivated and way past his prime. Nelson got walled and stalled. Hendo was a mismatch.

Simple yet accurate analysis.

But you forgot Pat Cummins, that win was legit as hell.

It's about overall record and skill. 15-0, has only lost one round, has bounced between LHW and HW, Olympic Wrestler that has never been taken down. He's a top 15 fighter for sure.

Actually the scorecards were 50-45, 50-45 & 49-46.

So he officially hasn't lost a round.

Sure, but a win over Hendo shouldn't be the thing that puts him over. He's not even the number one contender in his division, so I don't see justifying a top 15 p4p spot yet.

The win over Hendo cemented the fact that he can be dominant over a credible fighter after a considerable weight cut. Before this, there was a lot of skepticism as to if Cormier's weight cut would negatively impact his strength, stamina and skillset shown at heavyweight.

The win over Hendo cemented the fact that he can be dominant over a credible fighter after a considerable weight cut. Before this, there was a lot of skepticism as to if Cormier's weight cut would negatively impact his strength, stamina and skillset shown at heavyweight.

Yeah, good point. I guess I'm just hesitant to put a non-champion HW onto the p4p list, though Cormier shows all the signs.

Hendo got out wrestled by Jake Shields. Cool your jets.

well no its not about 15-0 record or winning 500 rounds in a row, or olympic yadda yadda. its merely about WHO you beat. You can be top P4P fighter if youre record 7-7, if you happen to beat a P4P top fighter; you have a claim to be in the spot. But you have no claim to be P4P if the guy you beat is no relevance in p4p or the division. Those wins gets you kudos, but not P4P kudos

IE: In order to make the case Cormier is P4P top 10 fighter, you have to explain why the current 10 P4Ps have done less than beat hendo.

Back