New UFC Rankings Out: Cormier not on top 15 P4P

Zurvan

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Daniel Cormier is 15-0, has never lost a round, has dominated top opponents in 2 weight divisions yet somehow doesn't make the latest top 15 P4P rankings? If these rankings had any credibility to begin with, they've lost it.

But Ronda drops world champs with body shots.

Beating up a barista and a one dimensional plodding geriatric doesn't make you p4p? Interesting

They do have some credibility, but yeah I have Cormier at #5 p4p, and Bendo a #25. So what, they'll still have to perform.

Beating 270lb Bigfoot Silva, 250 lb Josh Barnett, 250 lb Frank Mir, 250 lb Roy Nelson while being able to fight at 205 lbs does not add P4P credibility? Not to mention dominating Dan Henderson at this weight?

Because he beat up a MW. P4p is a measure of skill and athletics on a physically more even playing field.

Beating 270lb Bigfoot Silva, 250 lb Josh Barnett, 250 lb Frank Mir, 250 lb Roy Nelson while being able to fight at 205 lbs does not add P4P credibility? Not to mention dominating Dan Henderson at this weight?

Bigfoot is chinny. Barnett was injured, but so was Cormier...meh. Frank Mir fight was a joke; he is unmotivated and way past his prime. Nelson got walled and stalled. Hendo was a mismatch.

if there's anyone that deserves to be in the top 10 P4P it's cormier. the guy fought much bigger heavyweights his entire career and has now transitioned to LHW and threw around hendo like he was a sack of potatoes.

i remember cormier picking up barnett and throwing him around. cormier is at least #7 on the P4P list.

Because he beat up a MW. P4p is a measure of skill and athletics on a physically more even playing field.

Considering he's beaten 4/10 top 10 heavyweights on the current rankings while being undersized......

Oh I see. You are a troll.

He's not lying. His 205 run has not been as impressive as people act like, opponent wise. Not saying he hasn't shown me he can be a real problem for the champion, but resume wise, no, his 205 run is nothing to brag about.

His two most recent wins are Henderson and Cummings (?).
Meanwhile Rashads are Sonnen and Henderson.
If you want to compare whose 2 most recent wins are better, gotta go with Rashad.

So beating Pat Cummins and Dan Henderson at 40 with a 1-3 record puts Cormier on the p4p list?

If you don't see how what you said coupled with being a brand new white belt would lead me to believe you are a troll then idk what to tell you. If you aren't a troll you may want to state your opinions a little less troll-y is all.

If you aren't impressed with DC you can say as much without tearing down all of his opponents in oversimplified fighter bashing terms.

Bigfoot is chinny. Barnett was injured, but so was Cormier...meh. Frank Mir fight was a joke; he is unmotivated and way past his prime. Nelson got walled and stalled. Hendo was a mismatch.

wow , the level of in denial .......

He's not lying. His 205 run has not been as impressive as people act like, opponent wise. Not saying he hasn't shown me he can be a real problem for the champion, but resume wise, no, his 205 run is nothing to brag about.

His two most recent wins are Henderson and Cummings (?).
Meanwhile Rashads are Sonnen and Henderson.
If you want to compare whose 2 most recent wins are better, gotta go with Rashad.

Why do so many want to simply ignore what DC did at HW, especially if we are talking P4P???

Is it me or is it strange to pick just one fight(which was a dominating win) and make an overall negative conclusion on a fighter based on it?

If you don't see how what you said coupled with being a brand new white belt would lead me to believe you are a troll then idk what to tell you. If you aren't a troll you may want to state your opinions a little less troll-y is all.

If you aren't impressed with DC you can say as much without tearing down all of his opponents in oversimplified fighter bashing terms.

Whether or not Cormier has looked impressive has nothing to do with whether he deserves a spot on the list. Fighter bashing? Cummins is a barista and everyone knows Dan is old, slow moving, and has very few attacks in his arsenal.

Back