*New UFC Policy going forward should be..

BRaVo cHoKe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
... to install all title fights with backup fighters, much like they did with Woodley/Till/Usman. Such a policy could have preserved the existing co-main event fight, perhaps delivering a satisfying interim title fight. Because this would only apply to title fights I would think it would be financially viable, on the surface.

Thoughts/Opinions??

Ban training, sparring and weight cutting for Title fights. It’s the only way.

Also... PlatinumBless

If you can't make it to your first defense strip it. But we can't implement it without letting it be known first.

Anything is possible when it comes to Dana and making money..

Ban training, sparring and weight cutting for Title fights. It’s the only way.

Also... PlatinumBless

Not far enough. Ban fighting in general. Cant miss weight if theres no bout scheduled. Hand out titles with rap battles.

Not far enough. Ban fighting in general. Cant miss weight if theres no bout scheduled. Hand out titles with rap battles.

That’s actually a great idea

119x8w1.gif

... to install all title fights with backup fighters, much like they did with Woodley/Till/Usman. Such a policy could have preserved the existing co-main event fight, perhaps delivering a satisfying interim title fight. Because this would only apply to title fights I would think it would be financially viable, on the surface.

Thoughts/Opinions??
I think it's a great idea, but training camps are expensive, aren't they? Is the UFC going to give the back-up expense money? That has to be part of the deal, and I have a feeling the UFC billionaires and the slightly-less-than-a-billionaire Dana won't go for that.

I don't know man, Woodley had a fair point in saying that you train for a specific rival and to have a new one on short notice changes your entire plan

Thoughts/Opinions??

it keeps people on the sidelines. so now Kamaru Usman did what ever he did now gets paid nothing and now has to wait months to really fight.

I don't know man, Woodley had a fair point in saying that you train for a specific rival and to have a new one on short notice changes your entire plan

Woodley certainly has a fair point. He also said that he'd be willing to Till if he didn't make weight, but what if Till got injured? Does Woodley put off the payday? And had Woodley been injured Till would most definitely fight Usman giving the fans some kind of fight.

less ppv's...better, stacked cards..that won't be trash if a fight or two is cancelled. These fighters..especially the champs deserve to be able to plan and focus on one style. Otherwise there will always be a built-in excuse for the loss.

Woodley certainly has a fair point. He also said that he'd be willing to Till if he didn't make weight, but what if Till got injured? Does Woodley put off the payday? And had Woodley been injured Till would most definitely fight Usman giving the fans some kind of fight.

That's the thing, I don't know if you can force them to fight somebody, it should be stipulated in the contract. But then what, Woodley prepares for both fighters ? It's a difficult situation. Till seems more of a anywhere anytime guy, Woodley doesnt take risks and it's understadable

Pick someone out of the audience and offer them $50k show money.

it keeps people on the sidelines. so now Kamaru Usman did what ever he did now gets paid nothing and now has to wait months to really fight.

Usman made weight so he will get paid for "showing". Having a fighter make weight and peak will sideline them for a bit, but because the fight doesn't happen the fighter should conceivably be fit to prepare again rather soon.

Thoughts/Opinions??

The UFC is too cheap to pay fighters to make weight as a backup and not fight. But I agree with you... there should be at least another fight on the card with 2 options for a fill in.

Jessica eye could have been fighting Donka Donkerson in the prelims and we would have had a replacement. Rather scrap a fight on the prelims than a main event title bout.

How about we stop giving belts to chicks with 4-2 records? If anyone had a brain this would have never happened in the first place. They're giving Amateurs UFC titles now? really? The talent pool is too weak and small.

Same for Usman... they shouldn't have had him as a back up, he should have just been fighting on this card against literally anyone. That way they aren't paying him for nothing

The champion shouldn't have to prepare for two different opponents, that's amateur hour.

Even in rap battles they wait for the guys to get old then beat them after their prime, kinda like Jon jones does

Back