*New UFC Policy going forward should be..

How about we stop giving belts to chicks with 4-2 records? If anyone had a brain this would have never happened in the first place. They're giving Amateurs UFC titles now? really? The talent pool is too weak and small.

The shit they'll do to promote a season of TUF.​

giphy.gif

It really is a good idea
But in reality it can't be implemented.
Because training and weight cutting is a huge danger zone
Most injuries are sustained in training camp.
To have a star waste three months of their life, and risking injury won't bode well if the next 30 title fights go off without a hitch
And the moment someone injures themselves, training for a fight that they weren't ever going to get will be BIG trouble for the ufc

The shit they'll do to promote a season of TUF.
It's a JOKE and the real problem, the company doesn't give any fucks about being a legitimate organization . We will continue to have these problems till competent management is involved. They will lose some PPV buys because of this, hopefully they learn their lesson....but they won't:(

Honestly it needs to happen, backup fighter for all title fights and main events.

Has anybody got the number of main events and title fights either cancelled or changed for 2018? I remember seeing the number not long ago and it was ridiculous

just count pull outs or missed weight as a dq loss

They just paid usman to make weight.

I meant as a structure going forward... they are too cheap to CONTINUE to pay fighters just to make weight as a back up. This isn't something that will be implemented for all title fights now... that's the point I was making. This was a special occasion, and it was a fail. They could have paid Usman to just fight on this card and they would have at least gotten some return on their investment.

I'd rather a policy of a minimum of three fights or year for everyone.

A better solution would be to put another high ranked fight on the card. For example: Champ vs Rank 1 and Rank 2 vs Rank 3.

I think it's a great idea, but training camps are expensive, aren't they? Is the UFC going to give the back-up expense money? That has to be part of the deal, and I have a feeling the UFC billionaires and the slightly-less-than-a-billionaire Dana won't go for that.
The money they would make keeping main events and co-mains would EASILY outweigh the chump change they would pay non champs to make weight (and maybe fight).

less ppv's...better, stacked cards..that won't be trash if a fight or two is cancelled. These fighters..especially the champs deserve to be able to plan and focus on one style. Otherwise there will always be a built-in excuse for the loss.

This is spot on. Fights have always fallen through. The difference is that now the cards are so weak that losing one fight can make or break a PPV. Stack the cards like they used to and it's much less of an issue.

The champion shouldn't have to prepare for two different opponents, that's amateur hour.
The champion shouldn't be allowed to turn down fights, that belt should represent the best in the world, whoever, wherever, whenever.

The champion shouldn't be allowed to turn down fights, that belt should represent the best in the world, whoever, wherever, whenever.

Whoever, yes.... whenever and wherever, no. This isn't amateur hour.

Whoever, yes.... whenever and wherever, no. This isn't amateur hour.
then someone else is the best in the world, not them.

have you even watched UFC 1?

then someone else is the best in the world, not them.

have you even watched UFC 1?

Yes I did... 25 years ago, live. The sport has evolved quite a bit since then... have you watched any UFC's since the first one??

Amen.

Matt Hughes took replacement opponents on zero notice.

Conor has taken multiple replacement fighters.

D.C. Fought Anderson Silva on <48 hrs notice.

Not everyone is cut from that cloth. But I do respect those guys.

Personally I think the UFC contracts should be to fight on that date against their stated opponent or a similarly ranked replacement. They give guys the choice to say no, they could negotiate a way to avoid this bullshit, lord knows they have had enough times to learn their lesson.

Yes I did... 25 years ago, live. The sport has evolved quite a bit since then... have you watched any UFC's since the first one??
says the guy that created his account TODAY.

troll account, get on your main account and stop trolling.

A good way to invalidate someones argument... bring up the date they made their account.

Seems legit.

If you haven't heard, another major MMA forum is closing down and there will be a lot of new accounts opening here within the next week or two... just fyi.

But go on.... you made your account a long time ago, so OBVIOUSLY you have much wisdom to bestow upon me.

A good way to invalidate someones argument... bring up the date they made their account.

Seems legit.

If you haven't heard, another major MMA forum is closing down and there will be a lot of new accounts opening here within the next week or two... just fyi.

But go on.... you made your account a long time ago, so OBVIOUSLY you have much wisdom to bestow upon me.
If you haven't heard, you're a troll who made his account today just to troll others.

Seems more legit.

Back