New STAR WARS Trilogy (Update: Rian Johnson Says His Trilogy is Still Happening)

It's not trolling. It seems we fundamentally disagree on whether things in a movie should be justified by things in that movie as opposed to external research materials.

There could be a 26 volume Encyclopedia Brittanica on Rey's acquisition of her various superpowers and how hard earned they were. The fact remains that in the span of less than one movie, she went from not knowing if the events of the preceding six films and the Jedi therein were even real, to besting Kylo Ren (trained by multiple masters for well over a decade) in multiple Jedi-related skills. Not just the fighting, but the mind control / reading stuff, where Kylo was absolutely giving it 100%.

It's a filmmaking failure. You can point to books and stuff if you want, and say the model has moved on and that the world wants to have to go research stuff outside the movie to make the movie good, but I disagree. A good movie doesn't send you to Wookiepedia in order for the characters to not be totally shitty. A good movie builds its characters in the movie.
<PlusJuan><PlusJuan><PlusJuan>
<PlusJuan><WellThere><PlusJuan>
<PlusJuan><PlusJuan><PlusJuan>

<p data-redactor=" unselectable="on"><p data-redactor=" unselectable="on"><p data-redactor=" unselectable="on">
<p data-redactor=" unselectable="on"><WellThere><p data-redactor=" unselectable="on">
<p data-redactor=" unselectable="on"><p data-redactor=" unselectable="on"><p data-redactor=" unselectable="on">
You write all this bullshit to justify a movie being good.
I am not defending or justifying anything... I'm taking the topic I was asked about & answering it to the best of my abilities.

What are you doing? Spreading the hater agenda? Talking sh*t? making yourself feel better by belittling someone online who's actually talking about the subject instead of just trolling.

Do you even have anything to contribute to the conversation? You do realize this is a forum to discuss things right? That concept isn't too far over your head? haha... I'm busting your ballz like you did mine... You need to relax. Think about the topic & arrange something significant to say about it.

Respectfully yourz.
@Yo Daddy

Last edited:
Wha? I don't understand how we've been having this dumb conversation for like two years and I've never "raised my voice" the entire time, yet I'm low key getting called some kind of asshole over and over again.

And when that's not going on I'm getting condescending lectures about not being sensitive enough about people's opinons.

<puh-lease75>

Them not getting injured in a highspeed crash and walking back to the base, despite there being tons of 1st order right there and looking to kill them, isn't a coincidence, it's an impossibility.

To make it worse, the ground was flat and white, so it's not like they could blend in or hide behind anything. It's ridiculous.

Honestly it happens all the time, characters fly around like spitballs as the plot needs them to, I'm sure some tie in novel will clear it all up though. <45>

If Finn & Rose would've stayed in the hanger & none of that happened the movie would've played out exactly the way it did

So this gripe is inconsiquential to the story.

All right... now your turn.

Since no amount of bullets ever get through a shield wall... how come a bunch of dogs got through the Wakanda shield? & not just a few... they started getting through in very large numbers through a shield wall.

So it's just more fluff that didn't need to be there, meaning their whole arc, from start to finish, is irrelevant? Fact is, it did happen and it makes no sense.

We're not talking about infinity war here, buddeh, but I'd assume it was because they couldn't test for the type of pressure that 1,000's of outriders clawing at the forcefield at the same time would bring, whereas testing against weapons was a lot easier.

Way less of a potential plothole than a shit load of things in TLJ.

Wha? I don't understand how we've been having this dumb conversation for like two years and I've never "raised my voice" the entire time, yet I'm low key getting called some kind of asshole over and over again.

And when that's not going on I'm getting condescending lectures about not being sensitive enough about people's opinons.

<puh-lease75>
Sorry buddy... You're alwayz up for a decent convo even if we don't agree. I was poking a bit of fun toward you with my call out that I now changed. I meant it to be fun...

So it's just more fluff that didn't need to be there, meaning their whole arc, from start to finish, is irrelevant?
I didn't say that. I said that one scene. the whole arc is very important. You can literally see finn go from casual to full on rebel as Rose explains the corruption of Canto Bight & how this is what they fight against.

Casual haterz won't get this. They just want to hate no matter what. They can't be bothered to understand the debth of Finn's journey which is a parallel to the audiences journey. We need to understand who the bad guys are. We can say the First Order is the bad guys & the Republic is the good, but why? Finn doesn't understand that any more than we do until this very important & pivital scene in the movie.

Sorry buddy... You're alwayz up for a decent convo even if we don't agree. I was poking a bit of fun toward you with my call out that I now changed. I meant it to be fun...
Sorry man long night at work. And last time I popped in one of these threads me and New Name Every Week got into it a bit. The snide, condescending, silly bullshit for years over a movie kind of got on my nerves. Then I popped in mainly to say hi and immediately felt like I was being called some kind of dumb fuck again.

All good though.

l@nd0

I am not defending or justifying anything... I'm taking the topic I was asked about & answering it to the best of my abilities.

What are you doing? Spreading the hater agenda? Talking sh*t? making yourself feel better by belittling someone online who's actually talking about the subject instead of just trolling.

Do you even have anything to contribute to the conversation? You do realize this is a forum to discuss things right? That concept isn't too far over your head? haha... I'm busting your ballz like you did mine... You need to relax. Think about the topic & arrange something significant to say about it.

Respectfully yourz.
@Yo Daddy

I'm objective about TLJ. It's a retarded shitty movie. SW fanboys should not be satisfied with this shit. They should be mad. Well, actually, most of them are, you being an exception. It's got a 45% "audience like" score on rotten tomatoes.

Now the gripe I have with this thread, with this topic, is exactly so much discussions around a shitty movie. You are trying to convince others that a shit movie is somehow a good movie. And while I appreciate that some people like to patiently present arguments, it's useless against blind fanboys like you.

Think of a movie you think is retarded and shitty. It's so revoltingly stupid and dumb that you can't imagine how a functioning, even borderline retarded person could possibly enjoy it. Now imagine many people like said retarded movie, and it doesn't matter what you say, they still like it. It's a huge waste of both of your times trying to convince each other.

I'm not going to be here presenting arguments against it. It's a waste of time. You think people should read books and other media to understand a star wars movie, and you think that's reasonable, thus arguing against you it's a waste of time. Such a moronic argument makes you are blind and deaf to any other view.

I am, however, going to come here and present my disgust towards this movie, because that's how we know if people mostly like it or don't like it. And I did not insult you in my first post, I just said you are a Star Wars nerd and that TLJ is retarded, and both are facts.

I didn't say that. I said that one scene. the whole arc is very important. You can literally see finn go from casual to full on rebel as Rose explains the corruption of Canto Bight & how this is what they fight against.

Casual haterz won't get this. They just want to hate no matter what. They can't be bothered to understand the debth of Finn's journey which is a parallel to the audiences journey. We need to understand who the bad guys are. We can say the First Order is the bad guys & the Republic is the good, but why? Finn doesn't understand that any more than we do until this very important & pivital scene in the movie.

Almost lost me at "haterz" and "debth". Outside of SW you seem like a good poster, from what I recall, but you've lost your mind on this, bro.

Didn't they blow up a bunch of planets? That should be enough to let Finn know who the evil people are.

I think we all have to accept that Star wars had its time. There will never be another Star wars movie that is so well focused and with such solid story structure as the original trilogy.
None like ESB that transcend sci fi boilerplate and become something close to cinematic art, that everyone can agree is an excellent film.

This the truth.

It's like hoping for another Beatles or Elvis, it's not actually possible.

Time for grown up SW fans to move on, quit bitching (not likely).

Either that, or just enjoy modern SW films for what they are - a step in a new (crap) direction for the younger generation.

FWIW, I thought TLJ was a well made movie. I dont like the new characters, and the plot was nothing new, but it was a well crafted bit of cinema and I found it quite moving. Dont @ me bitches

Last edited:
This the truth.

It's like hoping for another Beatles or Elvis, it's not actually possible.

Time for grown up SW fans to move on, quit bitching (not likely).

Either that, or just enjoy modern SW films for what they are - a step in a new (crap) direction for the younger generation.
Yah. We got three great films and one pretty good, enjoyable retread. We should be satisfied with that.

All from one film that almost sucked before editing saved it.

Am i the only one who thinks the force unleashed is the best star wars story?

(second one does not exist)

My first thought was......

"Plllleeeeaaaaasssseeeeeeee...

Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-Free-Download-Crack-Torrent-8.jpg
"
I thought and hoped for this as well, but it specifically says "new characters from a corner never explored" so I doubt it. Sounds like they're letting him make up a completely new story with a completely new batch of characters.

Almost lost me at "haterz" and "debth". Outside of SW you seem like a good poster, from what I recall, but you've lost your mind on this, bro.

Didn't they blow up a bunch of planets? That should be enough to let Finn know who the evil people are.

thank you for your kind words... and you appreciating my posts elsewhere should give you an idea that I speak my mind truthfully. I do in here as well. The only time you'll catch me trolling is when I am trolled... & I typically give them an equal dose of their own medicine.

don't mistake our differences of opinion on TLJ with generalities without looking at the content I provide. If you question anything I say... then ask in a friendly manner & you will get a friendly well thought out response. Those who come at me with sarcasm will get that thrown right back in their faces.

Cause & effect.

iu

the Canto Bight scene is a great way to see what the Republic fights against. Even if they haven't been successful in regulating it yet, you at least know they are fighting against it. Such things still exist on our planet despite all our efforts... but at least we're trying.

I feel the Canto Bight scene where Finn goes from excited about it all to disappointed in the corruption is important... even if my particular way of looking at it doesn't vibe with everyone... they should take a look at it and see what it means to them.

Last edited:
Finn was unconscious for the planets blowing up & I've seen it a dozen timez but I'm pretty sure nobody bothered to catch him up. (I could be wrong on that though... good thought though.... I'll have to look into that.) Either way...

He was awake and was the one to explain what happened. Timestamped for you.

Yes, you are. Anyone else who would think to use a video game for best story knows that it is undoubtedly KOTOR

Only reason i put tfu over kotor is that it had closure.

Kotor ends like "revan went to outer regions and disappeared" and your like wtf

That being said yeah kotor overall probably is better for most people

I'm objective about TLJ. It's a retarded shitty movie. SW fanboys should not be satisfied with this shit. They should be mad. Well, actually, most of them are, you being an exception. It's got a 45% "audience like" score on rotten tomatoes.
This has been talked to death. The fan base is split. You are not the majority... you are just the louder bunch that's still here over a year later.

upload_2019-2-18_8-44-4.png
upload_2019-2-18_8-44-16.png

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...k-hamill-disappointed-with-cut-scene.3676193/

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/143134745/

https://qz.com/1160551/the-rotten-tomatoes-score-for-the-last-jedi-may-be-rigged/

You are trying to convince others that a shit movie is somehow a good movie.
I've said in here a million times... I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. I simply take the comment & give my point of view. I do not care if you change your mind. We're just talking about SW's here... it ain't that deep bro.
it's useless against blind fanboys like you.
I'll give you that first insult... but another one & we may have some problems.

Think of a movie you think is retarded and shitty. It's so revoltingly stupid and dumb that you can't imagine how a functioning, even borderline retarded person could possibly enjoy it. Now imagine many people like said retarded movie, and it doesn't matter what you say, they still like it. It's a huge waste of both of your times trying to convince each other.

I'm not going to be here presenting arguments against it. It's a waste of time. You think people should read books and other media to understand a star wars movie, and you think that's reasonable, thus arguing against you it's a waste of time. Such a moronic argument makes you are blind and deaf to any other view.
There you go... calling someone with a point of view who likes the movie to be "moronic" You're pretty much out of the straight up convo list & have now intered into my mind as a troll.

I am, however, going to come here and present my disgust towards this movie, because that's how we know if people mostly like it or don't like it. And I did not insult you in my first post, I just said you are a Star Wars nerd and that TLJ is retarded, and both are facts.
Oh yeah... you're a regular conversationalist... just speaking your point of vew while making me out to be "moronic" & "blind fan boys" I believe was the words you used. but no you don't mean anything personal by that... LMAO

Last edited:
Back