New STAR WARS Trilogy (Update: Rian Johnson Says His Trilogy is Still Happening)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
New STAR WARS Trilogy Announced, Rian Johnson to Write and Direct First Movie

wKdM3ws.jpg

Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson is expanding a galaxy far, far away.

The writer-director will create a new trilogy set in the Star Wars universe and will write and direct the first installment, Lucasfilm announced Thursday. Ram Bergman, Johnson's longtime producer partner, will produce.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

The new movies will be separate from the continuing Skywalker saga and "Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored," according to the announcement.

The move is a strong vote of confidence by Disney and Lucasfilm on Johnson's work in the upcoming Last Jedi, which opens Dec. 15.

During an earnings call Thursday, Disney CEO Bob Iger said in addition to the new trilogy, the Star Wars universe would be expanding with a live-action TV show, which would be available on a Disney streaming service, set to launch in 2019.

The new trilogy comes as Lucasfilm also has Solo: A Star Wars Story out May 25, 2018 and director J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode IX out Dec. 20, 2019.

Disney Announces New 'Star Wars' Trilogy with Rian Johnson to Write and Direct First Installment

Cool. I was hopeful they would cover some of the other star wars lore eventually.

Cool. I was hopeful they would cover some of the other star wars lore eventually.

My money's on them just creating new lore.

They should have given Josh Trank another chance. So what if he made his crew cry on the set, had the worst reviewed movie of the year and wasted the movie budget by doing cocaine on the set with Miles Teller
<{afrobol}>

i'll save you guys the hype, the waiting time, and the ticket money, the movie is gonna be exactly the same as the last one:

-Big bad evil super final boss
-Love triangle
-Evil space nazis

The only difference is that at some point the main character is gonna be a non-gender denominated quadrasexual, he/she/it kills the boss and the nazis, gets the girl/men/robot/animal within the love triangle and have a giant party at the end.

I liked his movie Brick. Looper was enjoyable but kind of stupid in some parts.

My first thought was......

"Plllleeeeaaaaasssseeeeeeee...

Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-Free-Download-Crack-Torrent-8.jpg
"

i'll save you guys the hype, the waiting time, and the ticket money, the movie is gonna be exactly the same as the last one:

-Love triangle
-Evil space nazis

The only difference is that at some point the main character is gonna be a non-gender denominated quadrasexual, he/she/it kills the boss and the nazis, gets the girl/men/robot/animal within the love triangle and have a giant party at the end.
{<jimmies}

The new movies will be separate from the continuing Skywalker saga and "Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored," according to the announcement.

Thank fucking God.

I'm sick and tired of the first family of fuckups. Entire fucking galaxy revolves around their bullshit. Trillions of people, but nah, let's focus more on this dysfunctional shit show of a family.

The move is a strong vote of confidence by Disney and Lucasfilm on Johnson's work in the upcoming Last Jedi, which opens Dec. 15.

During an earnings call Thursday, Disney CEO Bob Iger said in addition to the new trilogy, the Star Wars universe would be expanding with a live-action TV show, which would be available on a Disney streaming service, set to launch in 2019.

Disney Announces New 'Star Wars' Trilogy with Rian Johnson to Write and Direct First Installment

Isn't this kinda a spoiler. I mean the news is encouraging, but cmon, what's the point of secrecy if your gonna tip your hand.

With how dark the Last Jedi is looking, I'm hoping we get to see some dark side stories from Rian!

And more Porg!!!!

New STAR WARS Trilogy Announced, Rian Johnson to Write and Direct First Movie

wKdM3ws.jpg

Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson is expanding a galaxy far, far away.

The writer-director will create a new trilogy set in the Star Wars universe and will write and direct the first installment, Lucasfilm announced Thursday. Ram Bergman, Johnson's longtime producer partner, will produce.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

The new trilogy comes as Lucasfilm also has Solo: A Star Wars Story out May 25, 2018 and director J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode IX out Dec. 20, 2019.

<{hfved}>

-Love triangle
-Evil space nazis

Oh, for God's sake - would it have killed you to use Spoiler Tags?!:)

Back