• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media New series of photos of jones , can’t believe he’s 255 lbs

His shoulders, chest and backside have grown a lot. Arms and legs look the exact same which is crazy for a guy as strong as he is

WAR BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DEAN OF MEAN KEITH JARDINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BONES ABOUT TO WAKE UP THE CONNOR NOOBS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubt he goes up to 240lbs after fights, and yes, he used to fight around 220lbs, which is nothing special for a LHW, or for the UFC at all, almost every fighter no matter what division gains 15+ lbs on fight night.

I agree. Jones was in the 220s when he stepped in the cage; during his first championship reign. Maybe after that first suspension he got bigger, maybe …

I think he’s making a big mistake if he enters the cage over 245. Gane was 247 against Francis & Derrick Lewis … DC was 246 vs Stipe I and then 236 vs Stipe II (when he won the first three rounds without attempting to use his wrestling) … Stipe was 230 vs DC II, 233 vs DC III, and 246 vs Francis I. Bottom line based off of Jones’s best performances, I think he should be in the high 230s with speed & cardio for days. He shouldn’t even think about entering the cage at 245 plus until he’s fighting a massive HW.

Skinny Jon was 227 in cage.

This Jon is easily 245

He definately stands a chance, but I think the added mass and lack of activity will really hurt him.

Of all the ppl at HW, Gane is probably one of the worst opponents for Jones to test his HW frame against. Because Gane is quick on his feet and is probably the best overall striker in the division. Gane is a natural HW. And Gane will expect Jones to implement grappling.

Jones's grappling didn't work 3 years ago against inferior and lighter fighters in Santos and Reyes. Not sure if he will do better against the bigger and better Ciryl Gane.
So you're assuming ring rust and added size will be the variables of him losing but then you can counter by saying cyril gane looked good in a decision loss to Francis and knocking out an end of line dos Santos and tai tuivasa? Cyril game has marketing hype behind him and has faced mediocre opposition in weak hw pool.

I agree that time away is a big factor against Jon.

He is going to come in and get crushed or settle in and wear gane down.

Game has never faced someone with Jon's grappling skills, or track record against diverse opposition.

I would be less surprised by Jones choking gane out in the championship rounds than gane knocking Jones out in the first.

I don't know if Jones will win or not, but the amount of people pretending like stepping up to HW is some monumental challenge is way too high.

Dude is not a slouch, has never been finished, and Gane just got wrestlefucked by Ngannou a year ago

Metallica is about as edgy as Kiss, they have been shitty lame sellouts for just about as long. You know who seems to love Metallica? Every old car salesman that I have dealt with recently.

Jon looks the same but fatter and older.

Here's Jon competing at 238 lbs in case anyone's interested

I'd believe it, like that clip by @TITS he was nearly 240 and with age and adding some muscle he could easily be 15 lbs heavier now. His thighs aren't really skinny either, just below the knee is all. And the guy is wide as fuck

Back