• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies New Predator Movie BADLANDS from Prey Filmmaker (Elle Fanning to Star)

0EaqcO.jpg
I already hate him.

My boy Predator is about to get butchered by another weakling. The mighty has fallen.

Wonder what is going to be the setting? The future or cowboys?

Now that McGregor's a famous movie star, we can bring him back into talks to join teh franchize~

UOyyVVj.jpg

Another girl boss movie. They aren’t sure if it will go straight to streaming even after Furiosa tanked at the box office…

Update: June 3, 2024

Elle Fanning to Star in New PREDATOR Movie BADLANDS from Prey Filmmaker Dan Trachtenberg

GettyImages-1712268735-H-2023.jpg

Elle Fanning is going from great to bad. The actor known for The Great is in talks to star in Badlands, a new movie set in The Predator universe, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Badlands is directed by Dan Trachtenberg, the filmmaker who revamped the franchise with the 20th Century and Hulu feature Prey, which was set in 1719 and starred breakout Amber Midthunder as a young Comanche woman pitted against an alien hunter. The film was a critical success and broke viewing records for Hulu.

Trachtenberg reteamed with Prey scribe Patrick Aison for the Badlands story, with Aison penning the script. THR reported in February that in addition to Badlands, 20th Century has a number of Predator projects in development, with Trachtenberg at the center of a growing universe.

Predator originated with the 1987 movie starring Schwarzenegger. It was followed by the Danny Glover starrer Predator 2, the 2010 ensemble The Predator and 2018’s Predators. There have also been multiple crossover movies pitting the Predator against the antagonists of the Alien frnachise.

The premise for Badlands is unknown, but sources indicate that it will not be set in the past like Prey but instead be set sometime in the future. It is also unknown if like Prey, this would go straight to streaming.

While Prey featured a cast of relative unknowns and rising stars like Amber Midthunder, execs and Trachtenberg wanted to try and land an established star for this new standalone pic and began taking meetings with talent. Insiders close to the project say Fanning is a fan of the franchise and once execs got wind of her interest moved to set a meeting with her and Trachtenberg. Following that meeting between the two, Fanning was on board and once a deal closes momentum is expected to pick up with the hope to shoot later this year.

As for a sequel to Prey, sources say while it is still in early development, a Prey 2 is still in the works that would return to the films original setting and with Prey star, Amber Midthunder, potentially returning. Sources stress no talent is attached to that film but the interesting element is that even though there has been seven films featuring the infamous alien, there has never been an instance where the star of a previous film has returned to reprise their role.

Fanning earned an Emmy nomination and three Golden Globe noms for her work in The Great, which ended last year after three seasons. She is known for starring in a pair of Maleficent features for Disney, as well as J.J. Abrams 2011 movie Super 8.

The fact that it appears to be set in the future might indicate that this time around they will even the playing field by having the humans have more advanced technology.

And I think casting Elle Fanning, who looks like she bruises if you talk too loudly in her general direction, might tell something about where they are going with the plot.

It is established that Predators ignore humans they don't consider a threat. Her character will probably keep surviving because the Predator doesn't see her as a dangerous.

They really better not be trying to make this a female-action-hero franchise, with one woman after the other with plot armor fighting Predators who have every possible advantage, but the woman wins because of plot armor.

Dude, lets be honest, the men protagonists in this franchise only win because of plot armor too.

Or are you telling me an LAPD cop on the wrong side of his 50s had any business killing a Predator without plot armor?

The fact that it appears to be set in the future might indicate that this time around they will even the playing field by having the humans have more advanced technology.

And I think casting Elle Fanning, who looks like she bruises if you talk too loudly in her general direction, might tell something about where they are going with the plot.

It is established that Predators ignore humans they don't consider a threat. Her character will probably keep surviving because the Predator doesn't see her as a dangerous.

Dude, lets be honest, the men protagonists in this franchise only win because of plot armor too.

Or are you telling me an LAPD cop on the wrong side of his 50s had any business killing a Predator without plot armor?
he doesn’t know what plot armor means

So again a tiny chick playacting "badass" with sommersaults etc . Hollywood is now way more cliche than even the most cliche 80s action flicks

200w.gif

. Everyone who found Prey good is lobotomized by modern Hollywood standards but thats not a surprise.They underlying ideology in that movie was as toxic as possible but I guess people nowadays just dont realize that stuff anymore. Too dumbed down.

How tough can a predator be if it's main opponent is Elle Fanning?

Arturo Gatti fought wars in the ring with some of the toughest men of his generation.

hi-res-93d23c8dd190356f2a7dccdd9333dd68_crop_north.jpg

This is the woman police suspected of killing him... with her purse.

amanda-rodrigues-widow-of-the-late-former-boxing-champion-arturo-gatti-takes-a-break-from-proceedings-at-the-montreal-courthouse-in-montreal-tuesday-sept-6-2011-where-a-civil-case-has-begun-to-determine-the-beneficiary-of-gattis-estate-the-canadian-pressgraham-hughes-2HR3RBP.jpg

Look I liked Prey but is Kathleen Kennedy in charge of the Predator franchise now? It's ok to have dudes in action movies you know.

Edit: I just don't get it. The majority of people watching action movies are guys. It's kind of hilarious to me that they'll make a movie like Furiosa, the Marvels, etc and then wonder why it bombed. "Oh clearly it's sexist men's fault." No bitch, read the room. Where are the women coming out and watching all these female based action movies? Don't blame men for this when women aren't watching either.

Is it gay to enjoy watching female action heroes? On a quiet little kickfighting forum, sleep apnea enthusiast @joerogain#1fan says Yes.

They need a Navy Seal team full of jacked battle test dudes to go into combat with a predator or two. It's easy formula that the world is waiting for. They probably will have a gay predator in this new one

I mean that was the first flick and the whole point was trying to fight a predator with muscle, firepower, and normal military shit was completely ineffective. The brain ended up being the muscle that overcame the alien. That's why Prey worked as a sequel.

Not sure I need to see that exact plot again.

This thread should be fun to watch. The Prey one was like a dozen pages of whining what a shit movie it would be and folks oblivious to the plot of the first one then crickets when it dropped and was good.

I'm a little unclear why there's so much focus on how big the biceps of the leads in these flicks are.

It's like arguing to put a man in a cage fight with a grizzly bear over a woman. A waste of breath because an extra hundred lbs of muscle isn't making any competitive difference anyway.

Back