New John Berardi Interview 4/25!

Btwestyo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
One Hour with JB - Precision Nutrition

Excellent interview that was posted 2 days ago. I learned how olive oil at high temperatures isn't as good when its at a lower temperature. Coconut oil doesn't lose its health benefits when its brought to a high temperature so its optimal at those temperatures.

I just received my first container of coconut oil this afternoon, haven't tried it before. The smell is quite pleasant. Can't wait to try cooking with it.

mm he uses vanilla flavored fish oil in his recipes....

Few key things. he doesn't mention anything about natural peanut butter being bad. and berardi says he drinks goat milk and soy milk because he is lactose intolerant. interesting stuff

Good stuff, thanks for posting. I need this book more than ever.

I thought it was interesting how he was going into how fat deposits in certain areas are related to different things such as stress or insulin problems. Does he actually go into that in any of his books? Im always interested in hearing theories on body types.

I thought it was interesting how he was going into how fat deposits in certain areas are related to different things such as stress or insulin problems. Does he actually go into that in any of his books? Im always interested in hearing theories on body types.
\

I believe (and I'm definitely NOT 100% sure) that the idea of localized adipose tissue relating to hormonal imbalance first came from Paul Chek; it's a theory that seems to have a lot of merit, and it's gaining a lot of momentum in the fitness industry right now.

Chek can be about as controversial as Poliquin, but he may just be ahead of the curve. I was surprised to hear Berardi mention this.

I was surprised to hear Berardi mention this.

I've heard him mention it a few times but I can't remember where... probably just skimming through the PN forums, I don't know. I think Berardi is really trying to take nutrition to a new level... remember the DNA article he had out not to long ago? This stuff probably goes hand and hand with that...

\

I believe (and I'm definitely NOT 100% sure) that the idea of localized adipose tissue relating to hormonal imbalance first came from Paul Chek; it's a theory that seems to have a lot of merit, and it's gaining a lot of momentum in the fitness industry right now.

Chek can be about as controversial as Poliquin, but he may just be ahead of the curve. I was surprised to hear Berardi mention this.

I don't know about Chek, but IMHO I think Poliquin is definitely ahead of the curve with respect to this topic.

Charles has developed his Biosignature program based on decades of skinfold measurements and hormonal tests. Based on one's measurements, a comprehensive program is developed (training, diet, and supplementation).

Thibaudeau actually started a thread on t-nation with his own results for his BioSig protocol. The link is: TMAGNUM FORUMS - Thib Results: Poliquin's Insulin Protocol

Pretty interesting stuff IMO. I have been on a similar protocol to improve insulin sensitivity (using Charles' line of supplements) and have been very impressed, thus far.

I don't know about Chek, but IMHO I think Poliquin is definitely ahead of the curve with respect to this topic.

Charles has developed his Biosignature program based on decades of skinfold measurements and hormonal tests. Based on one's measurements, a comprehensive program is developed (training, diet, and supplementation).

Thibaudeau actually started a thread on t-nation with his own results for his BioSig protocol. The link is: TMAGNUM FORUMS - Thib Results: Poliquin's Insulin Protocol

Pretty interesting stuff IMO. I have been on a similar protocol to improve insulin sensitivity (using Charles' line of supplements) and have been very impressed, thus far.

Interesting link. I never even heard of the supplements he has listed for improving insulin sensitivity.

The protocol for insulin resistance is:

Fenuplex: 2 caps per meal
Insulinomics: 2 caps per meal
Ultra HCL 3.0: 2 caps per meal (for me)
High doses of fish oil (I use 9-12 caps of Flameout)

I also use:
Phosphatidylserine: 320mg post-workout and with supper
Glycine: 5g per meal
Glutamine: 10g per meal (to counter the acidity of the protein foods)

Seems like everything for the protocol for insulin resistance protocol is Poliquin's supplements for the most part. So you are saying you are taking Fenuplex , insulinomics and Ultra HCL 3.0?

Yep.

I am on the exact same protocol; although, I do not use Flameout. Quite random considering I hadn't seen Thib's thread until I was 2 weeks in.

The Fenuplex, HCl, and insulinonomics are Poliquin products. HCl you can find reasonably priced at most online supplement retailers. Fenuplex and Insulinomics not so much.

What type of diet in general have you been following with those supplements?

What type of diet in general have you been following with those supplements?

Timed CHO Dieting tweaked to include Poliquin's Top 10 Carb Intake Rules for Optimal Composition. Energy and macronutrient contents designed with my biosig results taken into consideration.

This is a markedly different approach than what I am use to. The move to TCD coincided with an injury and time off training; hence, the limited CHO intake. My body has adjusted to the diet, which I have seen great results with. I started the insulin protocol later on (i.e. after I felt I had adjusted to the diet).

That interview makes me want to pick up that cook book, even though i never cook. lol He makes the recipes sound so easy, and quick.

It was either last month o the month before, the perfromancemenu did a article on biosignature and skin folds etc. I think it holds a lot of merit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back