New John Berardi Interview 4/25!

If anyone ever wants to take the course, here it is. I don't always agree with Poliquin, but I am extremely interested in that course with my line of school. Cops, military, firefighters and students get the course, for half price too.

Charles Poliquin - Events

Timed CHO Dieting tweaked to include Poliquin's Top 10 Carb Intake Rules for Optimal Composition. Energy and macronutrient contents designed with my biosig results taken into consideration.

This is a markedly different approach than what I am use to. The move to TCD coincided with an injury and time off training; hence, the limited CHO intake. My body has adjusted to the diet, which I have seen great results with. I started the insulin protocol later on (i.e. after I felt I had adjusted to the diet).

Good stuff. I just read his Top 10 Carb Intake Rules for Optimal Composition...I pretty much agree with everything he has down and follow it myself.

I was just wondering what does the Fenuplex , insulinomics and Ultra HCL 3.0 provided in addition to a diet that already promotes low insulin?

Awesome brother! I will have to watch the last 2 videos later. Sounds good. Its good to see all these interviews with JB.

great interview
but I have a problem I just got berardi's PN2 last week and yesterday I done the skinfold measurements, now I done it 3 different times but keep coming up with just <6% bf now I'm positive that this is not the case, has anyone else had similar results?

great interview
but I have a problem I just got berardi's PN2 last week and yesterday I done the skinfold measurements, now I done it 3 different times but keep coming up with just <6% bf now I'm positive that this is not the case, has anyone else had similar results?

Accurate skinfold testing needs to be done by trained, experienced professionals; when done properly and consistently, it can be a fairly accurate measure of progress, but there's a TON of room for error.

Your options are:

1) Find a professional, pay a fee to get skinfold testing, and compare to yours.
2) Get a hydrostatic water test done, considered the gold standard. Expensive.
3) Find a facility with a BOD-POD, which uses air displacement plethymography to test BF%.

Hah, the number's area code was 905 - was this interview done in Pickering? I live like 5min from there :p

\

I believe (and I'm definitely NOT 100% sure) that the idea of localized adipose tissue relating to hormonal imbalance first came from Paul Chek; it's a theory that seems to have a lot of merit, and it's gaining a lot of momentum in the fitness industry right now.

Chek can be about as controversial as Poliquin, but he may just be ahead of the curve. I was surprised to hear Berardi mention this.

So have you read his work? I have a question, what controls the 'love handles' fat? I have a friend who looks normal all over (flat stomach, no upperback/arm, thigh fat), but she has a lot of fat on her sides. Any idea what hormone controls that?

So have you read his work? I have a question, what controls the 'love handles' fat? I have a friend who looks normal all over (flat stomach, no upperback/arm, thigh fat), but she has a lot of fat on her sides. Any idea what hormone controls that?

I've only read very little recently; there's a lot of variables involved, and comparisons of skinfold measurements are just the start. From a short article by James Fitzgerald, the correlation of hormone-to-skinfold is like this: androgen (pec, triceps), insulin (sub scapular, iliac), adrenal (umbilical), GH (calves), and estrogen (thigh). I believe the ratio of the sites when compared to one another correlates to hormone production (or under-production).

I don't think this is a new area of sports science, but some professionals are using it as a tool to tailor training to the individual.

Sorry man, that's all I have. Perhaps others can chime with more info.

Cotisol and stress area. linked directly to cortisol and stress in ones life, whether it be mental or physical.

Article I just found on Bodybuilding.com

Bodybuilding.com - Don Alessi - Body Composition Training.

Until the recent use of dual x-ray absorptiometry and magnetic imagery (MRI), body composition testing was too crude to detect the subtle - yet statistically significant changes that take place in local regions of body fat.

Researchers in the areas of body composition using MRI and blood tests, have now determined correlations for certain hormones and where a person stores their fat. A few of the significant correlations include;

High Normal Blood Levels Local Fat Storage
Estrogen Triceps & Thigh
Cortisol Abdomen
Insulin Love Handles & Visceral Fat (intra-organ)
Testosterone Upper back

Cotisol and stress area. linked directly to cortisol and stress in ones life, whether it be mental or physical.

Well, Cotisol is also related to stomach fat. The thing is, she has a flat stomach.

Cortiso is linked to more than one surface area.

Back