• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media New Jiri footage hitting the bag

I am not comparing them as fighters, just comparing their "weird" training techniques. And Tony was a fucking beats - I think he was on a 10+ fight win streak when he released the footage of him kicking a iron pole.

Do you really think sitting in a dark room for 3 days is the most efficient use of his time?
What weird training techniques? Tell me...

Like Jiri is training as any other fighter. Then he adds extra things to be simply better...Please explain what weird training techniques are u talking about...

If dark room - Its not physical training, but mental...For 3 days u are not getting distracted by anything. U simply think about urself for 3 days and ur other senses are simply sharper when u loss ur "vision".

....Or unusual "EYE" training? ... its called neurovisual training and its prooved thing. -

....What other "weird" training techniques are u talking about??? Like comparing Jiri to Diego which was hanging head down meanwhile getting beaten by his "coach" as "training" is crazy and disrespectfull..

What weird training techniques? Tell me...

Like Jiri is training as any other fighter. Then he adds extra things to be simply better...Please explain what weird training techniques are u talking about...

If dark room - Its not physical training, but mental...For 3 days u are not getting distracted by anything. U simply think about urself for 3 days and ur other senses are simply sharper when u loss ur "vision".

....Or unusual "EYE" training? ... its called neurovisual training and its prooved thing. -

....What other "weird" training techniques are u talking about??? Like comparing Jiri to Diego which was hanging head down meanwhile getting beaten by his "coach" as "training" is crazy and disrespectfull..

My brother, the tiktok you posted literally says "Jiri explains his unusual training techniques"......

If he spends 3 days in a dark room, that is 3 days he is not training or sparring.

I could do the same with Diegos training as you do with Jiri's - "Hanging with your head down makes you see the world upside down so your brain is more ready to fight. And getting hit while doing it prepares your body to be hit."
And I can guarantee you that there is as much scientifical proof of that being effective as there is with all the stuff jiri does.

I like Jiri, he is a beast, but it is still weird.

And damn, you Jiri fans are really sensitive and overprotective - it is sorta sweet.

Last edited:
My brother, the tiktok you posted literally says "Jiri explains his unusual training techniques"......

If he spends 3 days in a dark room, that is 3 days he is not training or sparring.

I could do the same with Diegos training as you do with Jiri's - "Hanging with your head down makes you see the world upside down so your brain is more ready to fight. And getting hit while doing it prepares your body to be hit."
And I can guarantee you that there is as much scientifical proof of that being effective as there is with all the stuff jiri does.

And damn, you Jiri fans are really sensitive and overprotective - it is sorta sweet.

27592.jpg

Unusual does not mean weird or bad...

So he cant train with his own body weight meanwhile being in dark? He cant shadow box?....All fighters train 24/7? No days off? BTW its like his vacation...not camp. His camp started right after these 3 days...just btw

Overprotective and sensitive? Your just being called out for saying absolute non sens. Jiri is doing things which are scientifically proven to work. Meanwhile Diego did absolute non sens...

And your comparison? Again absolute nonsens.. I wouldnt be surprised if u are "flat earther"....

Unusual does not mean weird or bad...

So he cant train with his own body weight meanwhile being in dark? He cant shadow box?....All fighters train 24/7? No days off? BTW its like his vacation...not camp. His camp started right after these 3 days...just btw

Overprotective and sensitive? Your just being called out for saying absolute non sens. Jiri is doing things which are scientifically proven to work. Meanwhile Diego did absolute non sens...

And your comparison? Again absolute nonsens.. I wouldnt be surprised if u are "flat earther"....

Bro.....please stop, this is the second time you post something that is pretty stupid in 2 posts -

"unusual​

Synonyms

amazing,astonishing,awesome,bizarre,curious,exceptional,extraordinary,incredible,memorable,noteworthy,odd,phenomenal,rare,remarkable,significant,singular,special,strange,surprising,uncommon,unconventional,unexpected,unique,weird"

I am saying you are overprotective because of what you are doing right now - your reaction is unhinged. Especially considering I have not said what Jiri is doing is bad.

And then the personal insults to top it all of. Well done.

I love Jiri, and I'm no MMA technical expert, but man alive I get the sense he has zero striking defence beyond having his long arms always in your way. Even in this video, he looks so hitable.

I agree with the Tony-of-LHW comments. I think Jiri is gonna fall off a cliff when he starts to slow down a little bit.

There's something very entertaining and quite succesful about the totally-unique and intense styles that guys like Tony and Jiri bring to the table, but it is absolutely rooted in physical talents like speed,timing and maybe most importantly, chin. Once these start to diminish even a little bit, it seems, the falloff is severe.

You can't help but wonder how much better these kinds of guys would do with a more traditional, more-defensive-minded training regime.
I heard talk about a move to MW, but IMO he'd be better at HW. He's tall and big, could be a very fast 235lbs HW. People seem to ignore this, but most of the best HWs were around 240lbs, and never as ripped as the LHWs. If guys like Poatan and Jiri put on 10lbs of pure fat, they'd be as heavy as Cain, with more muscle and less fat. They're taller and have more reach too. Same works for Fedor and Cormier.
Econoreem was around 240. Stipe always around or under 240.

I heard talk about a move to MW, but IMO he'd be better at HW. He's tall and big, could be a very fast 235lbs HW. People seem to ignore this, but most of the best HWs were around 240lbs, and never as ripped as the LHWs. If guys like Poatan and Jiri put on 10lbs of pure fat, they'd be as heavy as Cain, with more muscle and less fat. They're taller and have more reach too. Same works for Fedor and Cormier.
I think lhw is perfect for him. He shouldn't be taking hits from HWS

Bro.....please stop, this is the second time you post something that is pretty stupid in 2 posts -

"unusual​

Synonyms

amazing,astonishing,awesome,bizarre,curious,exceptional,extraordinary,incredible,memorable,noteworthy,odd,phenomenal,rare,remarkable,significant,singular,special,strange,surprising,uncommon,unconventional,unexpected,unique,weird"

I am saying you are overprotective because of what you are doing right now - your reaction is unhinged. Especially considering I have not said what Jiri is doing is bad.

And then the personal insults to top it all of. Well done.
You will absolutely love this one...
-

BTW personal insults? So you really are "flat earther"?...crazy <lol>

the thing is Cain, Fedor, and Cormier could strike and grapple. Poatan and Jiri, are both strikers. their style is inherently more dangerous at HW for them than Cain, Fedor, or Cormier's style because they're not just standing their exchanging with a gorilla.

As a former fighter and coach, his striking fundamentals and mechanics IMO are at best odd and at worse terrible, if assessed according to the consensus best martial arts technical parameters … however, they clearly work brilliantly for him, as noone becomes such high level professional by accident.

Would be very interesting to know if by improving his mechanics in line with the “standards” he would actually do even better, or lose his own way to move and end up performing worse.

Some great champions in various sports were doing things technically incorrect but with incredibly effective results for them.

You will absolutely love this one...
-

BTW personal insults? So you really are "flat earther"?...crazy <lol>

Hehe nice:D

And I never insulted you? You were factually wrong twice in a row - all I did was make you aware of it.

Edit: And I have to add - Jiri is one of my favorite fighters. I love his style, I love his fights, and I love the honor he showed by giving up the title instead of holding up the division. He is an all round bad ass.

Last edited:
Back