• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Jersey School Suspends Students For Going to Range with Parents.

Wait are you just arguing this from a legal perspective or actually in agreeance with this full retardation.

From a legal perspective. It's already enacted so the legal perspective is the one that interests me.

Honestly, don't really care.

But, I don't think posting guns on social media is really a bright idea to begin with.

A bit trashy if you ask me.

It's like those dorks bragging about drinking or smoking weed on the internet. Looking for attention and trying hard to be cool.

If your just in your bed room posting pictures of yourself with guns I agree. If your at the range with your family having a good time I don't see it any different then posting pictures out anywhere else.

Rifle season for deer in PA always opens the day after Thanksgiving and will extend in Dec. Bow season ends in Jan. Most animal hunting seasons occur around the same time, and pretty much nothing is hunted in the summer months. So effectively, they've banned hunting for student-age kids. Would that not factor into the discussion?

It wouldn't but I understand the point. The thing is that hunting isn't something that the local school district needs to plan around, it's not a constitutionally protected right that all school age children be allowed to hunt during these seasons.

Dont even get me started on climbing trees.

As an 80's kid I remember going to a friends house and they had a redwood tree. I climbed to the top, and my friend's mom not only didn't care but actively encouraged me. lol

And we always were blowing shit up and having bottle rocket wars.

Dude Alabama has some of the loosest gun laws around and it shows.

We don't want that shit here so save the nonsense for someone else. That shit won't work up here. So we'll be safer and continue to pay for all those dead beat states

No clue why you keep repeating that. You understand that people taking kids to the range happens in every state, yeah? It's even legal in yours. But no worries. I just thought you were one of those people who criticized gun owners who didn't practice and labeled regular trips to the range as common sense.

Disgusting. Goes to show you that most people would violate your rights if given the smallest chance, and many here would jump at the chance to snoop in your life, regardless of if it involves them or not. Just pathetic.

No clue why you keep repeating that. You understand that people taking kids to the range happens in every state, yeah? It's even legal in yours. But no worries. I just thought you were one of those people who criticized gun owners who didn't practice and labeled regular trips to the range as common sense.

Yeah well when did I say the school was doing the right thing suspending the kids? Find me that post

Dude Alabama has some of the loosest gun laws around and it shows.

We don't want that shit here so save the nonsense for someone else. That shit won't work up here. So we'll be safer and continue to pay for all those dead beat states
Vermont has looser gun restrictions than Alabama. You don't need a permit for concealed or open carry, in Alabama you need a permit for concealed. Vermont isn't in the south, and it has very, very low crime rates.

Vermont has looser gun restrictions than Alabama. You don't need a permit for concealed or open carry, in Alabama you need a permit for concealed. Vermont isn't in the south, and it has very, very low crime rates.

Okay you named one place. I can name ten places with very loose gun laws and they all have the most problems with guns.

Those are my exact questions regarding this part of your initial post.

Seems totally unrelated and I gave up trying to get you to explain it.

You made some post about nj being stupid and that we should laugh st the state.

Laugh at the school not the state

That school better remove any folding chairs ....

KqrDpCG.gif

Okay you named one place. I can name ten places with very loose gun laws and they all have the most problems with guns.
I'm just saying that maybe the gun laws aren't the only reason. Vermont arguably has less crime than NJ. There are numerous variables, like location, culture, population and demographics, etc.

Maine
Montana
Idaho
Oregon
Wyoming

Well that's just not true.

I'm just saying that maybe the gun laws aren't the only reason. Vermont arguably has less crime than NJ. There are numerous variables, like location, culture, population and demographics, etc.

Yes most complex issues have more than one issue behind them.

Still doesn’t change the fact we don’t want loose gun laws here.

That school better remove any folding chairs ....

KqrDpCG.gif
Fists, knives, baseball bats. Hell, close the shop class. Besides being totalitarian in nature, the rule is poorly written. "Weapons" can mean anything. I wonder if this school has a wrestling team as those kids are being trained as human weapons. o_O

Back