NEW! Hayabusa Kyoudo Shorts

KyoudoFightShorts.jpg

ohh 65 for a pair of shorts is a bit steep for something I don't really know anything about. I think I'll let someone else take that plunge first. Those are more than a pair of top of the line sprawls, which from what I have heard seem pretty darn complete.

I was just browsing the Hayabusa website a few minutes ago, and saw these. Wow, $65 is a bit too steep for me, but I do like the design and Hayabusa is well-known for releasing top quality products. Don't need any new shorts now, but I'll keep an eye on these and wait for a review.

From the pics, it looks like they have an elastic waistband, which is good because they only go up to size 38 on the website.

Had friend at work just get a pair of them in, they're nice well constructed shorts. But they are heavy as hell. I'll stick with my Triumph*United shorts(Ice Berg's) They are the nicest shorts on the market IMO. Fell, fit, finish etc. Nothing else even comes close.

Bit surprised to hear they're heavy. The site description says they're made of "Mechanical Polydirectional(tm) Stretch Fabric", which I assumed was similar to 4 way stretch fabric, which is in general very lightweight.

Feel free to post any more feedback and info on the shorts, it's appreciated.

Bit surprised to hear they're heavy. The site description says they're made of "Mechanical Polydirectional(tm) Stretch Fabric", which I assumed was similar to 4 way stretch fabric, which is in general very lightweight.

Feel free to post any more feedback and info on the shorts, it's appreciated.

Honestly, they were probably the heaviest training shorts I had ever felt/held or tried on.

I emailed Hayabusafightwear.com about the shorts and learned a few more things not listed on the site:

- shorts have an elastic waistband (which you can see in a couple of pics on their site) that can stretch about 1 size up
- material is heavier than some other fight short brands, due to the kind of high quality, durable fabric used in the design
- logos are embroidered except for the kanji on the back leg, which is a hq screen print

I like the waistband being elastic, partly because if it weren't I wouldn't be able to fit into the biggest size they've got. The heavier weight of the shorts won't be much of a concern as long as they're not restrictive, but nevertheless I'm sure people who like lighter shorts will find it a sticking point.

Honestly, they were probably the heaviest training shorts I had ever felt/held or tried on.

Were they heavy to the point where they were uncomfortable, as in you always noticed their weight while training in them and felt restricted when throwing high kicks and knees by their weight? Curious to learn more about this, and so far you're the only guy here who has actually tried a pair.

I have a friend sponsored by hayabusa, hopefully he gets them so I can see them in person.

Those are some really nice shorts....but way too expensive for me. Then again, Hayabusa is known for top quality gear.

I bought the shorts that Hayabusa first came out with..and I can tell you that the new shorts look extremely improved.. just by looking at it

Thats the thing though I mean how do they stack up against a pair of top end sprawls(Gflex) or a pair of Nogi's because these fall a little above that price range? I'm currently in the market for a pair of MMA shorts and am curious on what peoples takes are?

I am looking to pick up a couple new pair of shorts too and while these are a bit more than some other shorts, like the Sprawl G-flex's I just ordered, I would be willing to spend a couple extra bucks for them if they are good quality. I really like the look of them.

I'd advise caution with Hayabusa shorts. I bought a pair of their other model, the "Carbon Mechanix" shorts. I wrote a review for them back then. I've had them for a year but almost never wear them now. If I run out of clean sprawls or NOGI's I'll wear them. The stitching on the logo on the left leg starting coming off after rolling in them a few times and is half gone now. Also the white stretch material on the side never really gets clean (I have the white and black ones). I'm not sure if it's the material or what but my white sprawls get clean enough.

There are good things to, the closure system is awesome, the look is nice, and they feel great. But they're are major downsides. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up before you spend your hard earned $$$. I look forward to the first review of the new shorts.

I think these shorts look BA. I have a birthday coming up. Maybe I can convince the wife to get them for me although the last thing I need is more mma shorts.

Hmmm... I actually just ordered a pair of G-Flex shorts, but these look pretty sweet.... I may end up ordering them tonight.... DAMN YOU G&E!

Back