New All-Time Powerlifting Records Set Today

JimRussel

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Kevin Oak squatted 390@110 kg and buried it:

Jamal Browner deadlifted 440@110kg:

Holy shit that went up frighteningly quick.

Holy shit that went up frighteningly quick.

It’s insane.

That is the second heaviest raw deadlift of all time done in a full powerlifting meet, right behind Benni’s 442.5 kg from this meet:

That meet of Benni’s was impressive in its own right because he totalled 1042.5 kg and basically took it pretty easy on the squat and bench to save himself for the deadlift.

Crazy to think that Jamal pulled that like an opener after 9 attempts. I guess he's saving that 1000 for later. Too bad Oak and Martin got injured. I wanted to see what Martin would have pulled as well.

Also no love for the little guys? Mikey Estrella has ascended like crazy over the past year even though it was a subpar day for him. He's a rare breed that he is an elite bencher (with a relatively close grip) and deadlift big numbers as well. I can see him benching 450 and deadlifting 700 @ 148 in the same meet one day. I believe he's benched 440 and pulled 700 in the gym already. I guess only the USAPL lightweights get love.

Tbh, not really lol.

181 and up, brah.
That's true for USPA or any non-IPF affiliated fed, lol... Only reason 181 got some love was because of Haack. I think for USAPL though 74s get the most attention.

Even more impressive is Jujimufu totalling 17something

That's true for USPA or any non-IPF affiliated fed, lol... Only reason 181 got some love was because of Haack. I think for USAPL though 74s get the most attention.

74s oddly got hyped this year at nationals. They made it seem like Atwood had competition, but it wasn't even close, even though now it looks like it will be a 4 man race going forward. The 105's usually gets a lot of attention, even though they are weak compared to the other classes. I think it is because there are usually 2-3 guys contending for gold each year, where Cornelius and Ray walk away with 120 and 120+ every time they compete, except for Ray this year
Jamal Browner deadlifted 440@110kg

So happy Browner and Haack left the USAPL to unlock their true potential.

74s oddly got hyped this year at nationals. They made it seem like Atwood had competition, but it wasn't even close, even though now it looks like it will be a 4 man race going forward. The 105's usually gets a lot of attention, even though they are weak compared to the other classes. I think it is because there are usually 2-3 guys contending for gold each year, where Cornelius and Ray walk away with 120 and 120+ every time they compete, except for Ray this year
I think I'm biased towards the 74s since that is my weight class so it interest me the most. 105s are definitely competitive. I haven't really been keeping up with powerlifting for a long time and only started following the sport again about a year ago. Things have changed a lot from 10 years ago, lol...

I think I'm biased towards the 74s since that is my weight class so it interest me the most. 105s are definitely competitive. I haven't really been keeping up with powerlifting for a long time and only started following the sport again about a year ago. Things have changed a lot from 10 years ago, lol...

I feel like I fall into that same boat with the 105'rs. 74 is going to be very interesting for the next few years, as long as Atwood stays healthy while being on the wrong side of 30.

I feel like I fall into that same boat with the 105'rs. 74 is going to be very interesting for the next few years, as long as Atwood stays healthy while being on the wrong side of 30.
Yeah keeping healthy is key. I feel like he has a 1800 total in him. I just can't believe the numbers these guys can put up, but it motivates me to push myself even though I'm below poverty strength and tipping on 40 this year. I just saw the USAPL California M1a bench record for 74s is only 145kg. I could care less about measly records, but it was done by Scott Layman. I remember my first full meet in 2005? (single ply) he was talking shit about my bench (i'm guessing because I opened like 35kg more then him) being passive aggressive saying shit like I dont arch, blah blah. He use to be one of the strongest 148s back then, but that dude had way too much ego. He has that 145kg bench record so I'm taking it from him just because it's him. Hopefully I can compete later this year although there are lot of USPA meets near me too.

Yeah keeping healthy is key. I feel like he has a 1800 total in him. I just can't believe the numbers these guys can put up, but it motivates me to push myself even though I'm below poverty strength and tipping on 40 this year. I just saw the USAPL California M1a bench record for 74s is only 145kg. I could care less about measly records, but it was done by Scott Layman. I remember my first full meet in 2005? (single ply) he was talking shit about my bench (i'm guessing because I opened like 35kg more then him) being passive aggressive saying shit like I dont arch, blah blah. He use to be one of the strongest 148s back then, but that dude had way too much ego. He has that 145kg bench record so I'm taking it from him just because it's him. Hopefully I can compete later this year although there are lot of USPA meets near me too.

In the past 4 years the numbers have skyrocketed in just about every Raw IPF weightclass, very exciting. I understand that notion of finding things to motivate you. I'm going to hang in there for 2 more years to try to hit some M1 state records, lucky for me NJ is weak as hell so they are within reach if I can stay healthy.

In the past 4 years the numbers have skyrocketed in just about every Raw IPF weightclass, very exciting. I understand that notion of finding things to motivate you. I'm going to hang in there for 2 more years to try to hit some M1 state records, lucky for me NJ is weak as hell so they are within reach if I can stay healthy.
Yeah it's amazing the numbers people put up these days. We just need to keep training so we can stay healthy enough to train when we become senior citizens, lol. Maybe I'll see you at USAPL Master Nationals one day, lol.

Back