Never thought I would say this but

I remember when I was younger and naive.
Had huge faith in some things like “he will be back better than ever”

He won’t
Sad motherfoking fact of life

That kind of thing just doesn’t happen

Couture being an exception

I was a closet fan. For one thing I have Irish blood so I was happy that eternally embattled nation had something big to cheer for in the fight game. Theyre good people but prone to insanity through substance use, booze specifically, so some reluctant empathy for Conor, otherwise hes extremely disappointing.

Couldve been an iconic hero win or lose if he simply maintained his determination. Now just another one that bit the dust, literally as well apparently. Cocaine psychosis is fucked up.

Xv9x6in.gif
One of the best MMA gifs of all time

He used to be a crazy chance taking madman.

Once he threw the dolly at the bus,and he and his boys ran off like a bunch of entitled coke fueled cowards,it turned me away from him.

I guess he felt he had to top himself,but that shit backfired spectacularly.

I actually hope he gets his shit straight.

He’s the one who got me into the sport so I’ll always be appreciative of that. Sucks to see what he’s come to but it’s like they say money changes people and for all I know maybe I’d be a piece of shit if I had that success and money as well, so I won’t judge. Hopefully we can see a motivated and clear minded Mcgregor return cause he definitely adds some flair that no other fighters come close to.

I miss the old Conor McGregor

First off i am no Conor nut hugger. Many times I have slaughtered him on here and rightly so

So I am on holiday in Spain flicking through the channels on the TV and I come across a re run of the Conor v Brandao fight. I then listened to the MMA hour from the Monday following with Ariel interviewing Conor.

WTF happened to that guy. Very Witty, funny, talented, humble and most of all ridiculously likeable. Such a shame that he has turned into a first class bellend. I remember at the time thinking he was a decent fighter but no way would I have predicted he would turn out to be such a massive star

Can't blame him for chasing the huge payday v Floyd but from that moment he has been on a steady decline. Such a shame as he was in his prime and had just put on by far his most impressive performance when he destroyed Eddie Alvarez. Dana has to take some of the blame for allowing him to run riot without consequence

It's sad that money and fame can change someone so fast
He's an alcoholic

Even his haters liked some parts of his promotion. Like the "is this a therapy session" quote

I think him contradicting his code, for example cheating on Dee after talking about loyalty, has made his code worthless, and thus everything he says has now lost any credibility. Similarly how he was caught looking at the referee for help when he ah previously said men should handle their own shit and not look to others for help.

Omg a famous person cheated on his wife?

Seriously that's what you're focused on? All the bs hes done and it's the cheating you think is the focal point of his character flaws?

Can't see him ever being that again. No matter what his skill level is he'll never be able to replicate the hunger he possessed during his 7 fight FW run.

Well nothing he does as a fighter makes his fights more interesting, so I don't know what you're talking about.
It's quite a staintment to make. He had some impressive wins with predictions.

His personal life is one thing, but his ability to talk and back it up was amazing.

Talks makes fights, but eeveryone losses, it's what you do with winning streak that matters. Conor did milk it too the perfection.

I feel you man, I was a huge fan of his back then, now I fucking hate his guts. All that money really brings out the real you, and that's who Conor is, a POS. Then you got guys like GSP who's loved in Canada and he stayed the same all the way.

Best he could do is a couple more fights then retire win or lose. People get older and the overtraining when were younger needs rehab.

We need dad bod Connor before I'm satisfied he's changed his ways.

He has tons of former champions with meteoric rises and falls to learn this from, but it's up to him to accept it.

Back