Never posted in this forum... But

Finally starting to fill the void but why? Could it be tied to the fact the american amateur system has declined? We don't have Leonards and Holyfields in the amateur system anymore, we have Raushee Warren. We haven't had a decent amateur team since the 90s. Coincidence that europeans started making such a big splash in boxing in the 00's?

Most Cuban and Eastern European fighters weren't even allowed to box prior to the 90s, but they've always done well in the Ammys. Yuri Arbachakov was one of the best FlWs of the 90s, he and Nazarov were the first ex-soviets to be succesful IMO because they were the first ex-soviets allowed to fight professionally.

The Japanese, Filipinos, Argentines and Brits have always been around. Harada, Benn, Lewis, Monzon, Elorde the list goes on.

american boxing has declined, but the others have stepped their games up (or in the case of Ex-soviets and Cubans, they're finally allowed to fight). It's a net neutrality in terms of boxing talent IMO.

boxing isn't centered on americans and they aren't the figurative center of gravity for the world's boxing talent.

only a few countries have had legitimate talent declines recently: South Korea, panama, the US, Ghana, Thailand, Italy, Germany.

Last edited:
Actually, proudamericanduh if you knew anything about Mosley at all, you'd know that he handles mexican style fighters. He knows how to fight that style, he has the chin to deal with the aggression and can give and take like they can and ALSO has basic boxing ability that those guys usually don't have.

What you aren't grasping is that I'm not talking about Margarito, I'm talking about Mosley. His performance was flawless. Even his jab was on point, usually a weak point in his style, He boxed well, fought well -everything.

I look like Muhammad fucking Ali when I fight some guy who just put on gloves for the first time. It doesn't mean I'm at my best or that I'm giving my best performance, just that the person standing across from me is letting me look amazing.

Brandon Rios vs Mike Alavardo 3... does it ring a bell? Rios looked absolutely brilliant, stopped Alvarado in 3. But then went to get stopped for the first time ever against Tim Bradley who has a whopping 36% KO rate. Rios hadn't finally turned a corner against Alvarado, he was just fighting a goddamn zombie who had been arrested at 3am on drug charges in training camp.

Mosley looked great because he's a good boxer and he was fighting a guy who just got busted cheating and was wrapping his mind around the fact that his legacy was smeared and he might even go to prison. Also, take away those wraps and he wasn't the fighter that he was thought to be in the build up to that match. His 1-3 record after being busted is testament to that ya dumbass.

You don't know shit about boxing son. Now I'll take your boxing card and you go sit at the kids table when grown folks are talking boy.

I look like Muhammad fucking Ali when I fight some guy who just put on gloves for the first time. .
No you don't. You're a fucking clown who fails at reading comprehension and I'm not impressed because you mention you put on gloves. No one else is either.

Fuck off.

Actually, let me clarify. If you're talking about a modern day version of Ali, then maybe.

lol at the "I put on the gloves!" stuff and thinking that gives you cause to talk shit about a guy like Margarito. When Margarito is 75 years old and being wheeled around in a chair, he'd still be a better fighter than you are and would smack you around like a step child.

And no, Rios didn't look great. Mosley looked great. That was an incredible performance. You can't recognize the difference in what Shane did vs Tony and Brandon Rios then you have no business saying shit here.

Ah, see now the butthurt is shining through. Your fragile damaged ego is seeking refuge in personal attacks. Comparing myself to Ali was hyperbole and that would be obvious to anyone who isn't as insecure as yourself. But then again, you are the dumbass who claimed that Bradley beat Pacquiao.

And if you think that Rios didn't look great in destroying Alvarado in 3 rounds then you're just being obstinate or you're even stupider than I thought. He looked great but everyone with an ounce of boxing intelligence knew that it was just an illusion made through a mismatch.

Mosley beating Margarito was impressive because even without the gloves Margacheato always had grit and a chin. But then he went 1-3 and got the piss beaten out of him by Cotto who he walked down and stopped previously. But yeah, you just don't get that. Lil ol Seanos brain is overheating just trying to compute that.

I'm not "talking shit" about Margarito and never claimed to be better than him ya sloppy cheeto eating turd. I'm just listing the facts. Dude got caught cheating, went 1-3, never looked the same as before he was caught. Now suck it up, call me Daddy and turn in your boxing card. Instead of posting try doing 10 push-ups without stopping for a breather.

I'm aware of the the Tony hand wraps story. It has nothing to do with anything we're talking about, ignoramus.

We were talking about whether or not Shane looked shot before he fought Floyd. Nothing about the Tony fight suggests that Shane was shot. I can't break it down more simply than that. Pretty much everyone agrees that Shane looked awesome in that fight, regardless of what Tony had in his gloves.

And the Ali thing-no. you don't look anything like Ali, no matter who it is that you play boxing with when you "put on the gloves." :rolleyes: Someone not knowing what they are doing doesn't make you look like Ali. You were trying to impress people with that silly statement and it fell flat. You've said stuff like that before too. Its pathetic.

Last edited:
You can't say easily when most would favour Tommy and Ray over anybody who has faught since at WW.
I can say easily because it easily stands up to any era.

Go flex your internet muscles somewhere else. Dont bring this bullshit here.
Don't worry about it PUO3. This guy puts on the gloves like Ali. I don't want you getting hurt.

Don't worry about it PUO3. This guy puts on the gloves like Ali. I don't want you getting hurt.

You really are an insecure little soft ass... to actually get offended that another man boxed. LOL. Get off the couch and live a little you pussy... it's obvious this is your primary form of social interaction.

He was coming off arguably the most impressive performance of his career when he fought Floyd.

THIS was the point I was contesting ya dummy. I never thought Mosleys was shot when he fought Floud. But you have to be an outright fool to look back at Mosleys career, put the Margacheato fight into perspective and think that was "the most impressive performance of his career" as you so stated.

You really are an insecure little soft ass... to actually get offended that another man boxed. LOL. Get off the couch and live a little you pussy... it's obvious this is your primary form of social interaction.
Whoa, calm down Cassius. Everyone knows you put the gloves on now. No one will disagree with you again.

THIS was the point I was contesting ya dummy. I never thought Mosleys was shot when he fought Floud. But you have to be an outright fool to look back at Mosleys career, put the Margacheato fight into perspective and think that was "the most impressive performance of his career" as you so stated.
It was a damn fine performance. He barely got touched, KO'd a guy who had never been stopped and just did everything perfect in that fight. Shane has never looked better in the ring than he did that night. Never.

The DLH fights were great fights. The Tony fight was a great performance.

Whoa, calm down Cassius. Everyone knows you put the gloves on now. No one will disagree with you again.
Watch out Seano, don't want to see you end up like Liston.

Wow, this thread went south pretty quickly.

My input on Mosely's best fight: ODKH 1. Oscar was p4p #1 before the Tito Trinidad fight and he may have maintained it even after the controversial loss. At any rate, he was one of the best fighters in the sport and Mosely's win propelled him to the #1 p4p spit until he lost to Forrest. It wasn't as dominant a performance as how win over Margarito, but it was more significant to his career.

I agree that the Oscar fights were great fights. No doubt. But a great PERFORMANCE is one where a guy showcases what he does vs a credible challenger. That was the Tony fight. The Oscar fights were give and take, both guys were responsible for making them the fights they were. The Tony fight was all Mosley. The whole fight was like a Mosley highlight reel .

But was Margarito really a great fighter? I know he was the man at 147, but....He had several losses already and some of his wins may have been due to his "cheating"--not just hand wraps, but also the biggest weight cut of any 147er at the time, and --I suspect for a big weight cutting guy who threw a huge number of power punches for 12 rounds--PED use. I'm obviously not a fan, but I think at least a part of my discrediting critique is sound.

But was Margarito really a great fighter? I know he was the man at 147, but....He had several losses already and some of his wins may have been due to his "cheating"--not just hand wraps, but also the biggest weight cut of any 147er at the time, and --I suspect for a big weight cutting guy who threw a huge number of power punches for 12 rounds--PED use. I'm obviously not a fan, but I think at least a part of my discrediting critique is sound.
I never said he was great. I said he was credible and he was without a doubt one of the top dogs at 147 pounds when Mosley ruined him and this was an era when 147 was THE division in boxing.

It depends on whether you judge him based on what he achieved or how you THINK he PROBABLY achieved it. The guy has some impressive wins. He was the guy everyone was supposedly ducking. He beat prime Miguel Cotto. He beat Sergio Martinez. Cintron and Clottey were respectable wins. Margarito was no joke.

I thought Marg was going to end Mosley's career.

Back