Negative fight IQ

A) potentially beating the #6 ranked fighter in the world.

B) keeping your stupid promise to not use the advantages you have to try to win within the rules of competition

Choose wisely.
Why do we think Holland has some huge edge on the ground vs Wonderboys anti-grappling?

Holland was known for being a shit wrestler and Wonderboy has always been known as being hard to keep down until he ran into fucking Belal and Burns. And Holland sure as shit ain’t no Burns or Belal.

Then watch kickboxing...

Man..some of you are just goofs

I do watch kickboxing

You should go pay to watch college wrassling and bjj tournaments instead

If you pay to see wrassling and grappling then I can understand while Wonderboy vs Holland might a be boring fight for you but for the paying crowd it was amazing fight

Hipsters like you are just trying to make the UFC boring to watch

"Pride" and "stupidity" can often be interchanged
Yeah, I don't disagree with you at all on that one.
What I'm saying is Holland knew he would have fared better on the ground. More "low IQ", than "low fight IQ" if you ask me.
At the same time, kudos to Holland. Granite chin, put on an absolute banger for the fans

His corner was asking him to grapple. He chose to be entertaining, take a terrific beating, and lose. I don't know if taking it to the ground would have helped, but it was his only viable option at some point.

I
A) win over #6 ranked established star

B) entertain the crowd by taking brain damage

Like I said. Negative fight IQ.

I enjoyed the fight too, but stupid is as stupid does. And that was elite level stupid.
I think the pressure on the entertainment aspect has made such an impact, to the point it's almost irreversible. Let's say you're the champ, and the ufc ties you up without fights until they work their gift title shot to someone. The organization is a mess.

Its not about being champ for a lot of guys. Its make the most money quick, and get out

Yeah, I don't disagree with you at all on that one.
What I'm saying is Holland knew he would have bettered on the ground. More "low IQ", than "low fight IQ" if you ask me.
At the same time, kudos to Holland. Granite chin, put on an absolute banger for the fans
Oh yeah. Fun fight no doubt.

The first 2 ish rounds were entertaining as hell.

I do watch kickboxing

If you pay to see wrassling and grappling then I can understand while Wonderboy vs Holland might a be boring fight for you but for the paying crowd it was amazing fight

Never said it was boring..

Ur the retard watching MMA complaining about parts of the sport...

I watch MMA for the entirety of the sport...and i watch individual combats sports for their styles..

What i dont do is watch Kickboxing and say...hey they should shoot takedowns when the other guys hurt...

Or watch boxing and say...ya this fight could use more head kicks...

Stop being a hater and just watch kicboxing...MMA clearly isnt for u

His corner was asking him to grapple. He chose to be entertaining, take a terrific beating, and lose. I don't know if taking it to the ground would have helped, but it was his only viable option at some point.
Right.

At a certain point "continue to do the thing that definitely isn't working" can no longer be considered a good idea.

Holland's priorities in MMA have always seemed off. Like he's trying to prove something or put on a show instead of just fighting to win.
Even at his best, Holland wouldn't be good enough to win the belt at WW or MW in the UFC. So he has smartly focused on earning as much money as possible. He must have got paid an absurd amount of cash to save the PPV card at the eleventh hour when Khamzat badly missed weight. This fight with Wonderboy was an instant classic that captivated the most engaged and awed crowd possibly in UFC history. It will further raise Holland's profile and allow him to continue to be highly paid as a prizefighter in the UFC.

I'm a black belt and I just took Wonderboy down.

Ima let him up and kickboxing with him.

Derp.
While I do think it was a bad idea to only strike with Wonderboy because of his ego, I also think that Holland doesn't have a ground game capable of doing anything significant to Wonderboy on the ground. The only reason he even got any kind of takedown in the first place was because they had previously agreed earlier in the fight to not grapple.
Don't think Holland can get or hold Wonderboy down long enough to do anything substantial.

But hey, I guess you could argue that the threat of the takedown alone could change the outcome.

I have nothing but respect for Holland for doing that.

Sometimes a fights not just about getting the win.
My favourite fighters are my favourites because they fought memorably.

I'll remember this fight decades from now.
Both fighters came out with my respect for them multiplied.
You also don’t
I do watch kickboxing

Reads like you are not that into MMA. You might get lost in the grappling exchanges, and can’t appreciate them. You don’t come to see who is the better fighter with the better skill set. You prefer if two people stand and bang.

that might not be true, but it reads like that. And calling people who enjoy all aspects of the sport hipsters is like a boxing “fan” making fun of Ali or Mayweather because they didn’t brutalize an opponent like Mike Tyson.

You also don’t

Reads like you are not that into MMA. You might get lost in the grappling exchanges, and can’t appreciate them. You don’t come to see who is the better fighter with the better skill set. You prefer if two people stand and bang.

that might not be true, but it reads like that. And calling people who enjoy all aspects of the sport hipsters is like a boxing “fan” making fun of Ali or Mayweather because they didn’t brutalize an opponent like Mike Tyson.

I don't what?

They absolutely can, if two guys want to stand and throw, then God bless ‘em. But saying that using grappling in an MMA fight is being a “humping panic wrassler” is just stupid.
Its not, some people like watching striking and kos in mma more than wrestling. Fans have a right to call out boring tactics. Just like some football fans hate defensive oriented teams who play for field position and field goals instead of risky passes for touchdowns.

A) win over #6 ranked established star

B) entertain the crowd by taking brain damage.

I know modern science is a complete mockery of what it used to be and has been ordered to contradict facts established decades and centuries ago to fit an agenda, but telling me a person's brain is now located in the liver is going too far even by today's wacky standards.

You also don’t

As far as the mainstream casuals are concerned who actually pay to watch these events and support the the UFC with the $$$$ not the hardcores on the forums who stream for free...grappling and wrestling is boring and that shit belongs at a high school wrestling or bjj tournament

People who pay to watch UFC now want to be entertained and watching fighters who strike only are entertaining

Its not, some people like watching striking and kos in mma more than wrestling. Fans have a right to call out boring tactics. Just like some football fans hate defensive oriented teams who play for field position and field goals instead of risky passes for touchdowns.

The difference is, teams playing that style of football will only go so far, whereas MMA fighters who hug and hump can win and keep titles.

Back